Unimaginable but true, nearly 70% of consumers have remained with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never shopped around. With the average premium in the U.S. being $1,847, drivers can cut their rates by almost 46.5% a year by just shopping around, but they don’t invest the time required to compare other rate quotes.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get affordable Audi A7 insurance is to compare quotes annually from different companies who provide car insurance in Scottsdale. This can be done by following these steps.
Step 1: Get an understanding of what is in your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many risk factors that drive up the price like inattentive driving and poor credit history can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices for many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a better price and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you’ll want to compare the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to get rates from as many companies as possible. This enables a fair price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
If you have a current car insurance policy or need new coverage, use these techniques to lower your rates and possibly find even better coverage. Locating the best rates in Scottsdale is not rocket science. You just need to understand the most time-saving way to get comparison rates over the internet.
The quickest method to compare insurance rates in your area takes advantage of the fact most of the bigger providers allow for online access to quote your coverage. All consumers are required to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information like the make and model of your vehicles, if it has an alarm system, level of coverage desired, and what you do for a living. Those rating factors gets sent immediately to insurance companies and they return cost estimate instantly to find the best rate.
To find the cheapest car insurance rates, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Scottsdale.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Arizona. If you want cheaper auto insurance in Arizona, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Three reasons to insure your Audi vehicle
Even though Scottsdale A7 insurance rates can get expensive, paying for insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, most banks will require you to have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Audi at an extremely high rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance preserves both your Audi and your assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Audi gets damaged, your insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your A7 greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
These nine discounts can slash Audi A7 insurance rates
Some insurance providers don’t list every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of some of the best known and the harder-to-find credits available to you.
- Onboard Data Collection – Scottsdale drivers who agree to allow companies to spy on where and when they drive by using a small device installed in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could see a rate decrease if they show good driving skills.
- E-sign Discounts – Certain auto insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for signing up on your computer.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Own a Home and Save – Being a homeowner can earn you a little savings since owning and maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- College Student – Kids who live away from home at college and do not have access to a covered vehicle could get you a discount.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers over the age of 55 may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for cheaper prices.
As a footnote on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A list of auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including good student, theft prevention, student driver, early bird, automatic seat belts, driver training, and teen driver.
- State Farm has savings for good driver, safe vehicle, accident-free, anti-theft, and student away at school.
- AAA may have discounts that include good student, anti-theft, multi-policy, pay-in-full, multi-car, and education and occupation.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include exclusive group savings, preferred payment discount, hybrid vehicle, newly retired, new move discount, teen driver discount, and new graduate.
- Progressive may offer discounts for homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and good student.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company which discounts can lower your rates. Discounts might not be offered in Scottsdale. For a list of insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Arizona, click here.
Car insurance agents near you
Certain consumers just want to go talk to an agent and we recommend doing that Experienced insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of comparing rates online is that you can obtain cheaper rates and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood agents is definitely important in Scottsdale.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Scottsdale who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, feel free to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Shown below are Scottsdale car insurance companies that are able to give rate quotes for Audi A7 insurance in Scottsdale.
John Collins – State Farm Insurance Agent
8140 E Cactus Rd Ste 700 – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (602) 466-3100 – View Map
Choosing an insurance company requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Does their agency support local causes in Scottsdale?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Scottsdale?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
When to get professional advice
When it comes to proper insurance coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Car insurance specifics
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Car insurance terms can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find the normal coverages available from car insurance companies.
Comprehensive insurance – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as a broken windshield, fire damage, falling objects and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The most your car insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses like EMT expenses, ambulance fees and surgery. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Liability auto insurance – Liability insurance provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other people or property in an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see limits of 15/30/10 which stand for $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for things like legal defense fees, funeral expenses, court costs and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy higher limits if possible. Arizona state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/10 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The chart below shows why low liability limits may not be enough.
Collision – This coverage pays for damage to your A7 resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a building, rolling your car and colliding with a tree. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible on your A7 to bring the cost down.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Audi A7.
Due to the fact that many Arizona drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 15/30/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Frequently these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Affordable coverage is out there
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to get a better price on Audi A7 insurance in Scottsdale. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Scottsdale car insurance, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers often have lower rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
More tips and info about car insurance is located by following these links:
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Immigrants in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Scottsdale Car Insurance Quotes for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Scottsdale Car Insurance for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Scottsdale Car Insurance Rates for a Kia Optima? (FAQ)
- How Much is Scottsdale Car Insurance for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)