It’s a fact that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Insureds who shop rates annually will most likely move their business because they have a good chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A survey found that people who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved over $70 a month compared to other drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the best price on Chevy Cavalier insurance is why you’re here, then having a grasp of how to choose a company and compare insurance premiums can help you succeed in saving money.
The preferred way to get affordable Chevy Cavalier insurance in Scottsdale is to do an annual price comparison from providers that sell auto insurance in Arizona.
First, try to learn a little about individual coverages and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a not-so-good credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover additional ideas to get low prices and find discounts that may have been missed.
Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple companies. Start a quote
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new insurance company. Be sure to keep the new certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
The key thing to remember is to use identical coverages on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
When looking for cheaper Scottsdale auto insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to obtain and compare prices from many different Arizona insurance companies. The quickest method to find the lowest rates is to jump online and get quotes.
It’s so fast and easy to compare rates online that it replaces the need to physically go to local insurance agencies. The fact that you can get quotes online has reduced the need for local agents unless you have a complicated situation and need the peace of mind of a local agency. If you prefer, some companies allow you to compare the best prices online but buy the policy through an agent.
Keep in mind that comparing more rates from different companies helps improve the odds of finding the best price. Not every company does online price quotes, so it’s necessary to compare price quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in Arizona. To locate the best cheap car insurance in Scottsdale, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to find the lowest rates.
Get discounts on Scottsdale auto insurance
Some insurance providers don’t always advertise their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has some of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Scottsdale auto insurance online.
- Organization Discounts – Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could earn you a nice discount when getting a Scottsdale auto insurance quote.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Forcing all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts could save 15% on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner can save you money because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Mature drivers may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Good Driver Discounts – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Scottsdale auto insurance quote than drivers with accidents.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts when compared with drivers with a long claim history.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Low Mileage – Driving less may allow you to get lower auto insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Accident Waiver – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a few companies such as GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate will forgive one accident before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a certain period of time.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
A partial list of companies that may include most of the discounts above may include but are not limited to:
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company to give you their best rates. Some credits might not be offered on policies in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Scottsdale, click here.
Compare prices but buy from a local Scottsdale insurance agency
Some people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain the lowest rates but also keep your business local. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Scottsdale.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the quote information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Scottsdale that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you wish to compare prices from a specific company, you can always navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
If you want a reliable insurance agency, there are two different agency structures to choose from. Auto insurance agents in Scottsdale can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent insurance agents are not restricted to one company and that gives them the ability to insure with lots of companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a cheaper price, an independent agent can move your coverage and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When searching for an agent, you will definitely want to compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates.
Featured below is a short list of independent agents in Scottsdale who can help you get cheap rate quotes.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only place business with one company such as State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They receive extensive training on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
The following are Scottsdale exclusive agents willing to provide price quote information.
Dan Vukovic – State Farm Insurance Agent
7077 E Bell Rd #207 – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (480) 949-5433 – View Map
Selecting a car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. These are valid questions to ask:
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
Get Chevy Cavalier Insurance for Less
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, although some other factors are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or how safe your car is. When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand a few of the rating criteria that come into play when calculating auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower rates.
The factors shown below are some of the factors used by your company to calculate rates.
- Lower premiums with GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Buying a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Theft deterrent systems such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help stop auto theft and help lower rates.
- You might want pay the inexpensive auto insurance claims yourself – Insurance companies in Arizona generally give better rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is designed for the large, substantial claims.
- Auto insurance policy lapses increase rates – Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse will be a sure-fire way to increase your rates. In addition to paying higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance may result in fines or a revoked license.
- Single drivers take more risk – Walking down the aisle may earn you lower rates on your auto insurance bill. Having a spouse is viewed as being more financially stable and statistics prove being married results in fewer claims.
- Don’t buy add-on coverages that may not be needed – There are many additional extra coverages that can add up if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for vanishing deductibles, better glass coverage, and term life insurance are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment at first, but your needs may have changed so consider taking them off your policy.
- Responsible credit saves on auto insurance – Having a bad credit history is likely to be a major factor in your rate calculation. If your credit history is lower than you’d like, you may save money insuring your Chevrolet Cavalier by spending a little time repairing your credit. Insureds with high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims than drivers who have worse credit.
- Certain jobs raise rates – Jobs such as military personnel, executives, and dentists generally have higher average rates attributed to high stress levels and long work days. On the flip side, occupations like farmers, engineers and retirees pay the least.
- Combine policies and save – Most larger companies apply a discount to customers who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it’s always a smart idea to compare other Scottsdale Cavalier insurance rates to verify if the discount is saving money.
Car insurance just makes sense
Even though Scottsdale Cavalier insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Cavalier has a loan, most lenders will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Chevy at a much higher rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Car insurance preserves your Chevy and your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you cause an accident and are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying car insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $700 annually so it’s very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Be persistent and save
Budget-conscious Chevy Cavalier insurance is definitely available both online in addition to many Scottsdale insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get quotes online and these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agencies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped collision coverage and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tundra in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for College Students in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Scottsdale Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)