The easiest way to get discount Volvo V90 insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers who provide car insurance in Scottsdale. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Get an understanding of how car insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and a substandard credit history can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate in Scottsdale. If you find a better price and switch companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application for your new policy. When you receive it, keep your new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A key point to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to get rates from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
We don’t have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Drivers who shop for lower rates will most likely switch to a new company because there is a great chance of finding more affordable rates. A survey found that consumers who make a habit of shopping around saved $865 a year compared to other drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the lowest price for auto insurance in Scottsdale is the reason you’re here, then having some knowledge of the best ways to shop for coverages can make the process more efficient.
Get discounts on Scottsdale insurance
Some providers do not list every possible discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both the well known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Scottsdale auto insurance online.
- No Charge for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Allstate and Progressive will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- ABS Braking Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Telematics Discount – People who choose to allow driving data submission to track driving patterns through the use of a telematics system such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
- Smart Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Successfully completing a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount and make you a better driver.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen with less frequency and that can save you a little bit as well.
Don’t be surprised that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- GEICO may include discounts for driver training, five-year accident-free, defensive driver, air bags, and military active duty.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for homeowner, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, teen safety rewards, safe driver, multi-car, and teen safe driver.
- State Farm offers discounts including safe vehicle, accident-free, multiple autos, anti-theft, and defensive driving training.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for multi-policy, claim-free, good driver, accident-free, and good student.
- 21st Century has discounts for automatic seat belts, student driver, 55 and older, theft prevention, and early bird.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, online signing, and multi-vehicle.
Before buying, ask all the companies which discounts they offer. Discounts may not be available in your state.
When looking for low cost Scottsdale auto insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to compare rate quotes from many available insurance companies in Arizona. The easiest way by far to lower the rate you pay for insurance is to jump online and get quotes.
Getting rate quotes online is very simple and it replaces the need to actually drive to all the different insurance agencies. Comparing Volvo V90 insurance rates online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you want the guidance of a local agency. If you prefer, some companies allow you to find lower rates online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing a wide range of rates gives you a better chance of getting a lower rate than you’re paying now. Some smaller insurers do not give online price quotes, so you should also compare prices on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies in the list below provide price comparisons in Scottsdale, AZ. To find the cheapest auto insurance in Arizona, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Insurance agent or online?
Some people would prefer to buy from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is you can get the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this simple form, your information is transmitted to participating agents in Scottsdale who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. You can find the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to compare prices from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Scottsdale?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- How are they compensated?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Arizona?
If you want a good insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they operate. Agencies in Scottsdale are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. They are well trained in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents.
Shown below are Scottsdale exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give price quote information.
Dan Vukovic – State Farm Insurance Agent
7077 E Bell Rd #207 – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (480) 949-5433 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent can sell policies from many different companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing rates, you absolutely need to contact at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
The following is a list of independent agents in Scottsdale that are able to give price quote information.
How much can you save?
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can compare Volvo V90 insurance auto insurance rates in Scottsdale. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates come from a smaller regional carrier. They may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Even more information is located in the articles below:
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Scottsdale Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- How Much are Scottsdale Car Insurance Rates for a Kia Optima? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Teachers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)