Are you irritated from paying out the nose to pay your car insurance bill each month? You are no different than most other drivers in Arizona.
Everyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Consumers who perform rate comparisons are likely to switch companies because they have a good chance of finding a lower-cost company. A study discovered that consumers who routinely shopped around saved approximately $865 a year compared to those who never compared prices.
If saving money on car insurance is why you’re here, then learning about how to compare insurance coverage can make it easier to find better rates.
Steps to finding low-cost rates for Chevy SS insurance in Scottsdale
The easiest way to find cheaper prices for Chevy SS insurance in Scottsdale is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurance carriers in Arizona. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- Step 1: Try to learn a little about what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price such as accidents, careless driving, and a poor credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article gives information to keep prices down and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One key aspect when comparing rates is that you’ll want to compare the same amount of coverage on each quote request and to quote with as many companies as you can. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and a thorough price selection.
You have so many insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, it can be more difficult to find the best rates for your vehicles.
It’s a good idea to compare prices before your next renewal because prices are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you had the lowest price on Chevy SS insurance in Scottsdale six months ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re about to find out how to quote online to get good coverage on Chevy SS insurance in Scottsdale at a lower rate.
The Chevy SS Insurance Cost Equation
Lots of things are used when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like an MVR report, although some other factors are less apparent such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
- Lower premiums with GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Purchasing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention features like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems help track and prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Keep the miles off and save – Driving more miles annually the higher your rate. Many insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars left parked in the garage can get a lower rate than cars that get driven a lot. Ask your agent if your car insurance policy reflects the correct driver usage. An incorrectly rated SS is just wasting money.
- Safer the car lower the rate – Safe vehicles tend to have lower insurance rates. Safe vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower rates of occupant injuries means lower claim amounts and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Chevy scored at minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you may pay a lower rate.
- Get married and get better costs – Getting married may save some money when shopping for car insurance. Having a spouse means you’re more financially stable and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Drivers with responsible credit save on car insurance – An insured’s credit score is a big factor in determining your rates. So if your credit rating can be improved, you could pay less to insure your Chevrolet SS if you clean up your credit. Drivers with very high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with bad credit.
- Pay more by driving carelessly – Only having one moving violation may cause rates to rise by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who don’t get tickets pay less for auto insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who get flagrant violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to complete a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- Liability protection safeguards assets – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance kicks in if you are found liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Save money by raising physical damage deductibles – Physical damage protection, also called ‘full coverage’, is used to repair damage to your Chevy. Some examples of covered claims are a broken windshield, damage from fire, and damage from a fallen tree branch. The deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. The more you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your car insurance will be.
Chevy SS statistical loss data – Companies use statistical claims data in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that statistically have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have higher premium rates. The information below illustrates the historical loss data for Chevy SS vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Chevrolet SS Insurance Loss Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet SS 142 75 137BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Scottsdale car insurance companies ranked
Choosing the best car insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies are available to choose from in Scottsdale. The ranking information displayed below could help you decide which coverage providers to look at putting your business with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
The most affordable rates come from being thorough
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
In this article, we presented many ideas to get a better price on Chevy SS insurance in Scottsdale. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers may even find the lowest premium rates are with a lesser-known regional company. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
How to find better rates for Chevy SS insurance in Scottsdale
The best way we recommend to get cheaper Chevy SS insurance is to compare prices once a year from providers who sell insurance in Scottsdale. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Read and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many things that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and poor credit can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates for many different companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper SS coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good piece of advice is that you’ll want to compare similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from every insurance company. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
More tips and info about car insurance can be read in these articles:
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Focus in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- How Much are Scottsdale Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)