Unbelievable but true, most auto insurance buyers in Arizona kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and just short of a majority have never compared auto insurance rates at all. The average driver in the U.S. could save an average of approximately $860 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t want to shop their coverage around.
If you want to save money, the best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates in Scottsdale is to compare prices annually from providers in Arizona. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- Try to understand the coverage provided by your policy and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices such as accidents, careless driving, and poor credit history can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article provides tips to get affordable coverage and get bigger discounts.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from many different companies. View a list of agents
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on Nitro insurance. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
The most important part of shopping around is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and to quote with as many companies as you can. This ensures a fair rate comparison and a thorough price selection.
If you already have coverage or just want a better rate, you will benefit by learning to shop for the lowest rates without having to cut coverage. The purpose of this article is to teach you the best methods to compare rates and some money-saving tips. Smart shoppers just have to learn the proper way to quote multiple rates on the web.
Getting cheap car insurance pricing can be relatively painless. The only requirement is to take the time comparing price quotes to find the company with the cheapest Dodge Nitro rate quotes.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Scottsdale, AZ. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Scottsdale, AZ, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
Auto insurance analysis for a Dodge Nitro
The table displayed next outlines detailed analysis of coverage costs for Dodge Nitro models. Having a good understanding how car insurance premiums are formulated can be of help when making smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Nitro Heat 2WD||$158||$292||$440||$26||$132||$1,048||$87|
|Nitro SE 2WD||$158||$292||$440||$26||$132||$1,048||$87|
|Nitro SE 4WD||$180||$292||$440||$26||$132||$1,070||$89|
|Nitro SXT 2WD||$180||$292||$440||$26||$132||$1,070||$89|
|Nitro Heat 4WD||$180||$292||$440||$26||$132||$1,070||$89|
|Nitro Detonator 2WD||$180||$356||$440||$26||$132||$1,134||$95|
|Nitro SXT 4WD||$180||$356||$440||$26||$132||$1,134||$95|
|Nitro Shock 2WD||$180||$356||$440||$26||$132||$1,134||$95|
|Nitro Detonator 4WD||$180||$356||$440||$26||$132||$1,134||$95|
|Nitro Shock 4WD||$204||$356||$440||$26||$132||$1,158||$97|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can increase or decrease premium rates substantially.
What Impacts Dodge Nitro Insurance Costs?
Many things are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but some are not as apparent like where you live or your vehicle rating.
Listed below are a few of the things that factor into your premiums.
How your age affects premiums – Inexperience drivers are statistically shown to be inattentive when at the wheel of a vehicle and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. Parents adding a teen driver to your auto insurance policy can be very expensive. Older people tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers.
The data below uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Driving citations hurt – Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance than their less careful counterparts. Even one ticket can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have gotten serious citations such as DUI or reckless driving may find that they have to to maintain a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to legally drive.
The illustration below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can influence Dodge Nitro insurance premiums for each different age group. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
- City traffic equals higher costs – Being located in a small town has it’s advantages when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer drivers on the road corresponds to lower accident rates as well as less vandalism and auto theft. People who live in big cities tend to have more road rage incidents and longer commutes to work. More time on the road means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
High performance equals high costs – The type of vehicle you need insurance for makes a significant difference in determining your rates. Small economy passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The next chart is based on a single male driver age 20, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Dodge Nitro policy rates compared to other vehicles that have a range of risk factors.
- Optional features that lower premiums – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can thwart car theft and help bring rates down.
- Do you really need to file those auto insurance claims? – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims don’t be surprised to see higher rates. Auto insurance companies in Arizona generally give the best rates to insureds who do not file claims often. Your car insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Dodge Nitro insurance, buying auto insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Dodge Nitro, most banks will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Dodge at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying more than $750 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.