The most effective way to find the cheapest price for Pontiac Grand Prix insurance in Scottsdale is to do an annual price comparison from insurers that sell auto insurance in Arizona. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- Try to learn a little about how insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and a not-so-good credit history can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Continue reading for more details to help keep prices low and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper Grand Prix coverage is available in Scottsdale. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A tip to remember is to make sure you enter the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from every company you can. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
A study showed that nearly 70% of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Scottsdale drivers could save up to 50% each year just by comparing rates, but they don’t understand how simple it is to go online and compare rates.
If you have insurance now or just want a better rate, you can use these tips to save money without reducing coverage. Choosing the best rates in Scottsdale is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. Consumers just need to learn the proper way to compare rate quotes from many different companies online.
Finding a lower price on Pontiac Grand Prix insurance doesn’t have to be difficult. Just invest a few minutes comparing rates to find out which insurance company has cheaper Scottsdale car insurance quotes.
Getting rates online is very simple and it replaces the need to drive around to local Scottsdale insurance agencies. Doing it all online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless your situation requires the professional advice of a licensed agent. Drivers can compare online quotes but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Arizona. To buy cheaper car insurance in Scottsdale, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
Cheaper Scottsdale insurance quotes with discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there could be available discounts that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Drivers who insure several vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds who allow driving data collection to analyze driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could possibly reduce rates as long as the data is positive.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more on Grand Prix insurance in Scottsdale.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for cheaper insurance rates.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
We need to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
Larger insurance companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- American Family includes discounts for TimeAway discount, early bird, good student, bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, and air bags.
- Nationwide may include discounts for good student, Farm Bureau membership, anti-theft, defensive driving, accident-free, and multi-policy.
- MetLife discounts include accident-free, multi-policy, claim-free, defensive driver, good driver, and good student.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include automatic seat belts, theft prevention, teen driver, driver training, and air bags.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for teen driver, youthful driver, distant student, pay in full, multi-car, homeowner, and good student.
- Allstate has savings for multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, premier discount, utility vehicle, premier plus, anti-theft, and passive restraint.
If you want low cost Scottsdale car insurance quotes, ask each company how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in every state.
Auto insurance in Arizona serves several purposes
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Pontiac in Scottsdale, insurance is mandatory in Arizona but it also protects more than you think.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Grand Prix, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Pontiac at an extremely high rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having auto insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly for liability claims. According to a recent study, the average American driver is wasting up to $750 every year so it’s important to compare rates every year to make sure the price is not too high.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When selecting the best car insurance coverage, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Each situation is unique so this has to be addressed.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether or not you may require specific advice.
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Who does medical payments coverage extend to?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Pontiac Grand Prix?
- Does my Pontiac Grand Prix need full coverage?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Local Scottsdale insurance agencies
Many people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is OK! Most agents can help you build your policy and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Scottsdale that can give you free Scottsdale car insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific car insurance provider, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best company is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Is the agent properly licensed in Arizona?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
The difference between Scottsdale car insurance agents
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a reliable insurance agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance agencies are classified as either independent or exclusive. Both types of agents can provide car insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning the difference in the companies they write for because it may have an impact on buying decisions.
Agents of this type can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below are Scottsdale exclusive agencies that can give you price quotes.
Scott Holly – State Farm Insurance Agent
4014 N Goldwater Blvd Ste 202 – Scottsdale, AZ 85251 – (480) 949-7204 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agents are not restricted to one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different car insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If prices rise, an independent agent can move your coverage which is easy for the insured.
When comparing car insurance rates, we recommend you include rate quotes from multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
Listed below are Scottsdale independent insurance agencies willing to provide price quote information.