If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get budget Suzuki Kizashi insurance is to regularly compare quotes from providers who can sell car insurance in Scottsdale.
- Step 1: Read about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many rating factors that result in higher rates like inattentive driving and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Keep reading for more details to get cheaper coverage and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the new company. When you receive it, safely store the proof of insurance certificate with the vehicle registration.
A crucial key to this process is to make sure you enter identical limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to look at every insurance company. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
A recent auto insurance study discovered that the vast majority of auto insurance customers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Consumers in Scottsdale could save nearly $700 each year by just shopping around, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to find cheaper insurance by shopping around.
Analysis of Suzuki Kizashi rates
The price information displayed below covers estimates of insurance rates for Suzuki Kizashi models. Having a better understanding of how insurance policy rates are established can be of help when making decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Kizashi S AWD||$262||$390||$300||$18||$90||$1,060||$88|
|Kizashi SE AWD||$262||$460||$300||$18||$90||$1,130||$94|
|Kizashi GTS AWD||$262||$460||$300||$18||$90||$1,130||$94|
|Kizashi SLS AWD||$292||$460||$300||$18||$90||$1,160||$97|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in specific location which can affect price quotes noticeably.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only in Scottsdale
The illustration below shows the difference between Suzuki Kizashi yearly insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The price estimates are based on no claims or driving citations, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no written rule to eliminate comp and collision coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Suzuki Kizashi settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $5,000 after the deductible is paid. If it’s costing you more than $500 a year to have full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some situations where removing full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Components of Your Suzuki Kizashi Insurance Premiums
A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing the rating factors that are used to determine your premiums. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that can earn you lower rates.
The itemized list below are just a few of the factors companies use to determine your prices.
- Your credit history is important – Credit history is a large factor in calculating your premium rate. Insureds with high credit scores tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with bad credit. Therefore, if your credit is low, you may save money insuring your Suzuki Kizashi by taking the time to improve your credit score.
- Keep auto insurance claims to a minimum – If you file claims often, you should expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance companies in Arizona generally give better rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
- How much liability protection – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will protect you when you are found liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to comp and collision, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Older drivers save more – More mature drivers are shown to be more cautious, cause fewer claims and accidents, and get fewer tickets. Beginning drivers tend to get distracted easily when driving therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
The following chart uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Better drivers pay less – Having just one chargeable violation can increase the cost of insurance twenty percent or more. Good drivers pay less for auto insurance than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who get careless citations such as reckless driving or DUI may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The example below shows how traffic citations and fender-benders raise Suzuki Kizashi insurance rates for each age group. The premiums assume a married male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Where do you drive? – The higher the mileage driven annually the more you’ll pay to insure it. Many insurance companies calculate rates based upon how much you drive. Autos used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. Incorrect rating for your Kizashi may be wasting your money. Verify your vehicle rating states the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Lower rates by increasing physical damage deductibles – Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a dented fender, damage caused by hail, and burglary. The deductibles you choose represent how much money you are required to spend out-of-pocket before your auto insurance pays a claim. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Extra policy coverages push up prices – Insurance companies have many extra add-on coverages that can waste your money when buying auto insurance. Things like rental car coverage, better glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment when talking to your agent, but if you have no use for them consider taking them off your policy.
Compare but don’t skimp
Budget-conscious Suzuki Kizashi insurance is available on the web and also from your neighborhood Scottsdale agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies may not offer online rate quotes and usually these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agents.
Insureds leave their current company for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, denial of a claim, policy cancellation or being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company can be less work than you think.
When buying insurance coverage, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
Additional detailed information can be read by following these links:
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Homeowners in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)