Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Drivers who rate shop once a year will, in all likelihood, switch auto insurance companies because there is a great chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent study showed that consumers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved $70 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding budget-friendly BMW M2 insurance is your ultimate goal, then having some knowledge of how to get price quotes and compare insurance premiums can make the process less intimidating.
The easiest way to find cheaper prices for BMW M2 insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers in Scottsdale. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how car insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many factors that cause high rates like traffic violations, accidents, and bad credit can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Give notification to your agent or company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for the new policy. As soon as you receive it, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The key thing to remember is to compare identical coverage information on each price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as possible. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
The quickest method to compare rate quotes for BMW M2 insurance in Scottsdale is to know the trick car insurance companies participate in online systems to compare their rates. All consumers are required to do is provide a little information such as if you are currently licensed, types of safety features, your education level, and distance driven. That information is submitted instantly to many different companies and you should receive rate quotes very quickly.
To check car insurance prices now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Scottsdale.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Scottsdale, AZ. If you want to find the cheapest car insurance in Scottsdale, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Cheap Scottsdale insurance quotes with discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always advertise the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so here is a list some of the more common as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Scottsdale auto insurance online. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of up to 25% or more.
- Claim-Free Discount – Claim-free drivers have much lower rates in comparison with accident-prone drivers.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Sign Early and Save – A few insurance companies offer discounts for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current M2 insurance policy. The savings is around 10%.
Remember that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. Any qualifying discounts will cut the cost of coverage.
To see a list of companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Scottsdale, click here to view.
Car insurance agents can help
Certain consumers still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that Professional agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about comparing car insurance online is that you can obtain lower rates and still have a local agent. And buying from small agencies is important especially in Scottsdale.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents in Scottsdale who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go directly to you. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive car insurance agents
If you are wanting to find a reliable insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Car insurance agencies can be described as either independent or exclusive. Either type can properly insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand how they are different because it may have an impact on the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel do not work for one specific company and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies and potentially find a lower price. If you want to switch companies, the agent simply finds a different carrier which is easy for the insured. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, we recommend you get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents for the best price selection.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Scottsdale who may provide pricing information.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below are exclusive agents in Scottsdale willing to provide price quotes.
John Collins – State Farm Insurance Agent
8140 E Cactus Rd Ste 700 – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (602) 466-3100 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- How many years have they been established?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Scottsdale?
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Costs
Many different elements are used when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but other criteria are not as apparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility. When buying insurance it’s important to understand the different types of things that help calculate your premiums. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with cheaper rates.
Shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set premiums.
Multiple policies with one company – Many insurance companies give lower prices for people who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s always a smart idea to compare BMW M2 rates in Scottsdale to ensure the best deal.
Rural vs Urban Areas – Living in less populated areas of the country can save you money if you are looking for the lowest rates. Urban drivers tend to have traffic congestion and longer commutes to work. Lower population translates into fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims.
Reserve claims for larger damages – If you file claims often, you can expect much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance companies in Arizona give better rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your car insurance is designed for the large, substantial claims.
Type of vehicle determines base prices – The performance level of the vehicle you own makes a significant difference in your rates. The lowest base rates will normally be found when insuring economy passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Good drivers pay better rates – Only having one moving violation could increase your next policy renewal by as much as twenty percent. Careful drivers pay less for auto insurance than bad drivers. Drivers who have multiple violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
Job can influence prices – Occupations like fire fighters, air traffic controllers, and medical professionals are shown to have higher premiums than the average policyholder in part from high stress and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, occupations such as scientists, athletes and the unemployed have lower than average premiums.
Pay more out-of-pocket – Physical damage coverage, also called ‘full coverage’, is used to repair damage to your BMW. A few examples of covered claims would be colliding with a building, damage from fire, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. The higher the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the less money you will pay for insurance.
Gals pay lower prices – The statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. This data doesn’t prove that men are WORSE drivers than women. Females and males get in at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species have accidents that have higher claims. Men also statistically get ticketed for serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore pay the highest rates.
BMW M2 insurance loss data – Insurance companies study historical loss data to help calculate premium costs. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher number or severity of losses will cost more for coverage.
The next table illustrates the historical loss data for BMW M2 vehicles. For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is represented as 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
|Specific BMW Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|BMW M235 i 2dr||155||277|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Choosing BMW M2 insurance is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, buying auto insurance serves an important purpose.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability in order to be legal. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your BMW M2 has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank will be required to insure your BMW at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also cover medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your M2 more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. As of last year, the average driver in Arizona is overpaying more than $750 every year so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Affordable insurance prices are available
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to reduce BMW M2 insurance rates online in Scottsdale. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Regional companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Lower-priced BMW M2 insurance in Scottsdale is possible both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some companies may not have online quoting and these regional carriers only sell through local independent agencies.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Teenage Females in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for High Risk Drivers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)