Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that the vast majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Many consumers in Arizona can save almost 50% each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t know the amount of money they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
The preferred way to get low-cost car insurance rates in Scottsdale is to regularly compare price quotes from companies that sell auto insurance in Arizona.
- Take a few minutes and learn about coverages and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic violations, accidents, and a poor credit rating can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Read the full article for more information to help prevent expensive coverage and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Scottsdale. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment and a completed application for your new policy. Immediately safely store the proof of insurance certificate in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to use identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get quotes from every insurance company. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
How to compare Scottsdale BMW X1 insurance price quotes
To get cheaper Scottsdale auto insurance quotes, there a variety of ways of comparing rates from many different Arizona insurance companies. The best way to find competitive BMW X1 insurance rates is to jump online and get quotes.
Comparing free quotes online is easy and it, makes it obsolete to spend time driving to and from local Scottsdale insurance agencies. The fact that you can get quotes online eliminates the middleman unless you want the professional assistance of a local Scottsdale agent. Drivers can find lower rates online and still use a local agent. When price shopping your coverage, comparing a wide range of rates will enable you to find better pricing. Not every company does online Scottsdale X1 insurance quotes, so it’s important to also get price quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Scottsdale, AZ. In order to find cheap car insurance in Scottsdale, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Cheaper Scottsdale car insurance rates with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so the following list contains both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance coverage on a new X1 can be considerably cheaper because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- ABS Brakes – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Scottsdale Homeowners Pay Less – Just owning your own home can get you a discount due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
As a sidenote, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it’s just not the way it works. But any discount will help lower your premiums.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- State Farm has discounts for good driver, defensive driving training, multiple policy, good student, student away at school, anti-theft, and accident-free.
- American Family offers discounts including defensive driver, bundled insurance, good student, early bird, and Steer into Savings.
- AAA has savings for education and occupation, multi-policy, good student, good driver, and anti-theft.
- GEICO offers discounts for military active duty, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, air bags, and daytime running lights.
- Mercury Insurance offers premium reductions for location of vehicle, multi-policy, anti-theft, multi-car, good driver, age of vehicle, and annual mileage.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for switch companies, mature driver, distant student, bundle discounts, good student, and alternative fuel.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, multi-policy, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
Before you buy a policy, ask every company to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in your area. If you would like to see a list of car insurance companies who offer free BMW X1 insurance quotes in Arizona, click here.
Smart Consumers Can Cut Insurance Costs
Many different elements are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, although others are not as apparent such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
The itemized list below are some of the things used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
- Certain employers raise rates – Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs like judges, architects, and emergency personnel generally have higher premium rates due to intense work situations and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, occupations such as actors, engineers and retirees get better rates.
- Younger drivers pay more – Older, more experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable. Inexperience drivers are proven to get distracted easily with other occupants in the car and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Rural areas have lower prices – Having an address in small towns and rural areas has definite advantages when shopping for auto insurance. Less people corresponds to lower accident rates as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Residents of big cities tend to have more aggressive driving styles and more severe claims. Longer commute distances means higher likelihood of an accident.
- Don’t skimp on liability coverage – The liability coverage on your policy will provide protection in the event that you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. It is affordable coverage compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Vehicles with better crash test results save money – Safer cars get lower rates. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries means less claims paid passed on to you as lower rates. If the BMW X1 has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may cost less to insure.
- Single drivers may have higher premiums – Being married may earn you lower rates on your auto insurance policy. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be less irresponsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
BMW X1 insurance loss data – Auto insurance companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle when determining insurance rates. Vehicles that tend to have higher claim amounts or frequency will be charged more to insure.
The information below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for BMW X1 vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Values that are under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
BMW X1 Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury BMW X1 4dr 2WD 99 86 113 90 95 87 BMW X1 4dr 4WD 103 96 120 73 69 82BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Buying from insurance agents
A small number of people prefer to buy from a licensed agent. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance rates and still have a local agent. And providing support for neighborhood agents is definitely important in Scottsdale.
Once you complete this quick form, your insurance data is sent to local insurance agents that provide free Scottsdale auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent to your email. You’ll get the best rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
If you would like to find a good Scottsdale insurance agent, you should know the different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Car insurance policy providers can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent do not work for one specific company so they can quote policies amongst many companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing rates, you will definitely want to compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Featured below is a partial list of independent agents in Scottsdale that may be able to give you price quotes.
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agencies in Scottsdale that can give you price quotes.
Selecting a insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Scottsdale?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
Your auto insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to a policy for your vehicles, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Compare but don’t skimp
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can find affordable BMW X1 insurance in Scottsdale. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest BMW X1 rate quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest rates are with the least-expected company.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, high rates after DUI convictions, denial of a claim and high prices. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Scottsdale Car Insurance Quotes for Felons? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Government Employees in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Focus in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4 in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)