Inconceivable but true, over 70% of drivers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and just short of a majority have never even compared rates from other companies. Arizona insurance shoppers could save an average of as much as 50% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to compare rate quotes online.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get the cheapest car insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Scottsdale.
- First, gain an understanding of what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as getting speeding tickets and a negative credit rating can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely. Read the full article for instructions to help reduce premium rates and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from many different companies. Compare rates
- Third, compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on Verano insurance. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy and submit a completed policy application and payment for your new policy. Immediately keep the new proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One thing to point out is that you use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to compare as many different companies as possible. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
Where can I get cheap Scottsdale Buick Verano insurance?
To find cheap rates, there are a couple of ways to get quotes from different Scottsdale insurance companies. The fastest way to compare rates is simply to get online rate quotes.
Comparing free rate quotes online is easy and it, makes it obsolete to waste gas driving to different Scottsdale agent offices. The fact that you can get quotes online eliminates this option unless you’re the type of person who wants the professional guidance only provided by licensed Scottsdale agents. Although you can price shop your coverage online and get advice from an agent in your area.
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that comparing more quotes helps increase your odds of locating the best price.
The companies in the list below provide quotes in Arizona. If you wish to find cheap auto insurance in AZ, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Scottsdale insurance discounts for a Buick Verano
Some insurers don’t always list the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on auto insurance.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more on Verano insurance in Scottsdale.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Multi-car Discount – Drivers who insure multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Drive Safe and Save – Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more as compared to drivers with claims.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Military Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not a discount per se, but companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles can earn discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Scottsdale Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Some companies that may offer most of these discounts are:
When quoting, ask every insurance company the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts might not apply in your area. To see providers that offer some of these discounts in Arizona, follow this link.
Learn How to Find Car Insurance More Affordably
Lots of things are considered when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, although others are less apparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility. One of the most helpful ways to save on car insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with big savings.
Don’t cancel your coverage without a new one in place – Allowing your coverage to lapse can be a fast way to increase your rates. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
Cautious drivers have lower rates – Drivers who don’t get tickets receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Only having one driving citation may increase your cost substantially. Drivers who have serious violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to maintain a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Deter theft and lower rates – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you some money. Theft prevention features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar help track and prevent auto theft.
Long commutes cost more – The higher the mileage driven every year the more it will cost to insure it. Most insurance companies rate vehicles based on their usage. Vehicles left parked in the garage receive better premium rates than those used for commuting. It’s a good idea to make sure your car insurance policy properly reflects the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money. An incorrectly rated Verano is just wasting money.
Eliminate add-on coverages – There are a ton of add-on coverages that you can buy on your car insurance policy. Coverage for things like replacement cost coverage, accidental death, and membership fees may be wasting your money. They may sound like good ideas when buying your policy, but if you have no use for them consider taking them off your policy.
Experienced drivers are lower risk – Teen drivers in Arizona are statistically shown to be less responsible with other occupants in the car and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. Older, more experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations.
Do you know you’re credit history? – Having a bad credit score factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit rating can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Buick Verano by repairing your credit. Insureds that have very good credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers who have poor credit.
You might pay higher rates if you are single – Having a significant other actually saves money when buying car insurance. Marriage usually means you are more mature and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Insurance losses for a Buick Verano – Insurers study historical loss data to help determine the price you pay. Vehicles that are shown to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have increased rates.
The table shown below demonstrates the loss history for Buick Verano vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as an average, is a value of 100. Values that are below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Neighborhood agents and auto insurance
Some people just prefer to get advice from a local agent. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is important especially in Scottsdale.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is submitted to companies in Scottsdale who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. Get lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right company shouldn’t rely on just a low price. Before buying a policy in Scottsdale, get answers to these questions.
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
After getting reasonable responses to your questions as well as offering an affordable quote, chances are good that you have found an provider that will provide auto insurance coverage. Just understand that you have the power to cancel a policy for any reason so never feel you’re contractually obligated to a specific company with no way out.
Arizona auto insurance companies
Selecting the best insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many different companies sell coverage in Scottsdale. The ranking data in the lists below can help you choose which auto insurers to look at buying from.
Top 10 Scottsdale Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- State Farm – 90%
- Nationwide – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
Some insurance companies may not have rates over the internet and usually these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agencies. Affordable Buick Verano insurance in Scottsdale is attainable both online as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture.
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. The aim is to buy enough coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Scottsdale Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Scottsdale Car Insurance Quotes for Felons? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Government Employees in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)