Anyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Drivers who do rate comparisons will presumably move their business because there is a high probability of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent study showed that consumers who compared prices once a year saved about $3,400 over four years compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the lowest price on Cadillac ATS insurance in Scottsdale is why you’re here, then having a good understanding the best ways to find and compare car insurance can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
Really, the only way to get affordable car insurance rates is to regularly compare quotes from different companies in Scottsdale. You can shop around by following these steps.
- Read about how insurance companies determine prices and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as traffic violations and an unacceptable credit rating can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your existing policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new company or agent. Immediately upon receiving it, put the new proof of insurance paperwork in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get rates from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
If you have auto insurance now, you will surely be able to get lower rates using the concepts you’re about to learn. Quoting and buying the best auto insurance policy in Scottsdale is not that difficult. But Arizona car owners should learn how companies determine what you pay and use this information to your advantage.
Lower your car insurance rates with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list all their discounts very well, so the following is a list of both the well known and also the lesser-known ways to save on car insurance.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a house in Scottsdale can save you money since owning and maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Multi-car Discount – Drivers who insure multiple vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Paperwork-free – Many companies will provide an incentive for signing up on your computer.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may be able to get reduced rates.
- Telematics Data – Drivers who elect to allow data collection to track vehicle usage through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates if their driving habits are good.
- Sign Early and Save – Some larger companies give discounts for switching policies before your current expiration date. Ten percent is about the average savings.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The best car insurance companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm may include discounts for anti-theft, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, passive restraint, good student, and multiple autos.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including federal employee, multi-policy, seat belt use, air bags, and driver training.
- Progressive offers discounts including good student, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include good student, 55 and older, homeowners, teen driver, and early bird.
- American Family offers premium reductions for Steer into Savings, air bags, good driver, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, and accident-free.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for vehicle fuel type, defensive driver, air bag, bundle, anti-theft, good student, and driver training.
- AAA has savings for pay-in-full, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, multi-car, anti-theft, and good student.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every company to give you their best rates. Savings might not apply in your area.
The quickest method we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to realize most larger insurance companies will pay a fee to provide you with a free rate quote. The only thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information like how your vehicles are used, whether you are married, how much coverage you want, and how many miles driven. That rating data is automatically sent to multiple top-rated companies and you receive quotes very quickly.
To find the cheapest Cadillac ATS insurance rates, click here then complete the form.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Arizona. To find cheap car insurance in Scottsdale, AZ, we suggest you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but others are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
Consolidate policies with the same company – Most auto insurance companies provide a discount to insureds who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to as much as ten percent or more Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to compare Cadillac ATS rates in Scottsdale to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still be able to find better rates by insuring with multiple companies.
Know your credit history – Having a bad credit score is a big factor in determining premium rates. People that have very good credit scores tend to be more responsible than those with poor credit scores. If your credit score is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your Cadillac ATS if you clean up your credit.
Safety first – Cars with five star safety ratings get lower rates. These vehicles protect occupants better and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders.
Low coverage deductibles mean high premiums – Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your Cadillac from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply would be a broken side mirror, collision with an animal, or theft. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles define how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket before your auto insurance pays a claim. The higher the amount you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
City dwellers may pay more – Being located in less populated areas of the country can be a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer drivers corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to fewer liability claims. Urban drivers tend to have traffic congestion and more severe claims. Longer commute distances statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
The type of car makes a difference – The make and model of the car you need to insure makes a big difference in determining your rates. The most favorable rates are for lower cost passenger models, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
Job impacts prices – Jobs like doctors, social workers, and miners have the highest average rates in part from high stress levels and extremely grueling work hours. Other jobs like farmers, students and homemakers pay lower than average rates.
Cadillac ATS insurance loss probability – Car insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Vehicles that have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more for coverage. The data below shows the loss history for Cadillac ATS vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, as a total average, equals 100. Values under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate more frequent losses or larger claims.
|Specific Cadillac Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Cadillac ATS 4dr 2WD||121||97||103||107||96||90|
|Cadillac ATS 4dr 4WD||127||81||91||92||93||74|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Buying from insurance agencies
Certain consumers would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent. Buying from small agencies is important particularly in Scottsdale.
Upon completion of this short form, the quote information is immediately sent to participating agents in Scottsdale who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered to you. Get lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
When searching for a reliable insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies in Scottsdale are considered either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not locked into one company and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. If premiums increase, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When searching for an agent, you absolutely need to contact a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with which can be an advantage.
The following is a partial list of independent agencies in Scottsdale who can help you get pricing information.
- Leavitt Group – Powers-Leavitt Insurance Agency
14301 N 87th St Suite 308 – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (480) 348-1100 – View Map
- Hartford Insurance Agent
17470 N Pacesetter Way – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 657-2800 – View Map
- Pinnacle Ins Agency Inc.
8700 E Vista Bonita Dr – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 513-3131 – View Map
Agents of this type can only provide one company’s prices such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers often use the same agent mainly due to high brand loyalty rather than having low rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Scottsdale who can help you get price quote information.
- State Farm: Randy Mueller
10575 N 114th St – Scottsdale, AZ 85259 – (480) 391-9390 – View Map
- Jim Wurbel – State Farm Insurance Agent
10789 N 90th St Ste 101 – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (480) 860-1090 – View Map
- Roz Bankston – State Farm Insurance Agent
6900 E Camelback Rd #820 – Scottsdale, AZ 85251 – (480) 897-6500 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the price. Any good agent in Scottsdale should know the answers to these questions.
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Scottsdale?
- Does their agency support local causes in Scottsdale?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
If you get good responses as well as a affordable price, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that is professional and can properly insure your vehicles. Just be aware that you are able to cancel your policy whenever you choose to so never assume that you are obligated to your new company with no way out.
Auto insurance is not optional
Even though Scottsdale ATS insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability if you want to drive legally. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Cadillac has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will force you to have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Cadillac at a much higher rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your car but also your assets. It will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. An average driver in America is overpaying over $750 every year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to save money.
Scottsdale auto insurance company ratings
Choosing the highest-rated car insurance provider can be difficult considering how many companies sell coverage in Scottsdale. The rank data displayed below may help you choose which car insurance providers to look at comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Scottsdale Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Scottsdale Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
Find cheap rates by being thorough
Affordable Cadillac ATS insurance in Scottsdale can be found on the web and also from your neighborhood Scottsdale agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not provide rate quotes online and many times these smaller providers provide coverage only through local independent agencies.
As you quote Scottsdale car insurance, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, drivers have reduced full coverage and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, high prices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or denial of a claim. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
More learning opportunities
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Welfare Recipients in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Fusion in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)