Unimaginable but true, the vast majority of auto insurance customers have remained with the same auto insurance company for a minimum of four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. Arizona drivers can cut their rates by about $733 a year by just comparing quotes, but they think it’s difficult to compare other rate quotes.
Truthfully, the best way to find discount Cadillac XLR insurance in Scottsdale is to compare prices once a year from providers in Arizona. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like high-risk driving behaviors and a bad credit rating can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find better rates, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
A tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and to quote with as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
The are a couple different ways to obtain and compare prices from companies that offer auto insurance in Arizona. The quickest method to lower the rate you pay for insurance consists of shopping online.
When comparison shopping, quoting more will increase your chances of finding the best offered rates.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide price quotes in Scottsdale, AZ. If your goal is to find cheap car insurance in Scottsdale, we suggest you visit several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Cheap Cadillac XLR insurance quotes in Scottsdale
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the next list breaks down some of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts that may be available.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease but check with your company.
- Good Student Discount – Excelling in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Older drivers may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having a deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Passing a class that teaches safe driver techniques could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
A quick disclaimer, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will definitely reduce the cost of coverage.
The best auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- GEICO discounts include anti-lock brakes, military active duty, driver training, membership and employees, and air bags.
- MetLife includes discounts for good driver, claim-free, accident-free, multi-policy, good student, defensive driver
- State Farm offers discounts for good driver, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, safe vehicle, and multiple policy.
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, online signing, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including anti-theft, ease of repair, age of vehicle, good student, and multi-car.
- 21st Century has savings for driver training, theft prevention, defensive driver, automatic seat belts, anti-lock brakes, and homeowners.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including utility vehicle, senior citizen, teenSMART discount, anti-lock brakes, passive restraint, and multi-policy.
If you need affordable Scottsdale car insurance quotes, ask every prospective company to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in Scottsdale. To find insurers who offer auto insurance discounts in Scottsdale, click here to view.
Should I talk to an agent?
Certain consumers prefer to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from small agencies is important especially in Scottsdale.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the quote information is emailed to participating agents in Scottsdale that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered to you. You can find better rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to compare prices from one company in particular, feel free to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
When narrowing the list to find a good insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they function. Agents can either be independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, you should always check rates from a couple of independent agencies to maximize your price options. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller companies which may provide better rates.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Scottsdale who may be able to give you pricing information.
- Desert Mountain Insurance Services – Medical Malpractice
2918 N 67th Pl – Scottsdale, AZ 85251 – (480) 348-2200 – View Map
- Arizona Western Insurance Services
13951 N Scottsdale Rd # 234 – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (480) 483-3311 – View Map
- Bennett and Porter Insurance | Wealth Management
3200 N Hayden Rd #310 – Scottsdale, AZ 85251 – (480) 212-1150 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive have only one company to place business with like State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand legacy instead of buying on price only.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Scottsdale who can help you get price quotes.
- Joe Dufek – State Farm Insurance Agent
5425 E Bell Rd #108 – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (602) 493-5300 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Denis Zdrale
7001 N Scottsdale Rd #1045 – Paradise Valley, AZ 85253 – (480) 951-0115 – View Map
- Dennis Dowling – State Farm Insurance Agent
5310 E Shea Blvd #3 – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (602) 996-8811 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. A good agent in Scottsdale will have answers to these questions.
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- How many companies do they write for?
Car insurance coverages and their meanings
Knowing the specifics of your policy aids in choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Car insurance terms can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for expenses such as dental work, rehabilitation expenses, X-ray expenses, doctor visits and funeral costs. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive auto coverage
This pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like hitting a deer, fire damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and hail damage. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability car insurance
This coverage will cover damage that occurs to people or other property. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 15/30/10 that translate to a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $10,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers things such as medical expenses, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, emergency aid, legal defense fees and attorney fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. Arizona requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/10 but drivers should carry more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below shows why buying minimum limits may not be enough coverage.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a ditch and rolling your car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. You can also raise the deductible on your XLR to bring the cost down.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Cadillac XLR.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (Arizona limits are 15/30/10), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Usually these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Cheaper insurance premiums are out there
You just read some good ideas how to shop for Cadillac XLR insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Scottsdale car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a small local company.
When you buy Scottsdale car insurance online, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price.
Cheaper insurance in Scottsdale can be bought from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. Some companies may not have rates over the internet and many times these smaller companies sell through independent insurance agents.
Even more information can be read at these sites:
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Scottsdale Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25 in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)