How long has it been since you compared cheaper Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance in Scottsdale? Nobody that owns a car loves paying for auto insurance, especially when they know they could find better rates elsewhere.
Inconceivable but true, nearly 70% of customers have remained with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. Drivers in Arizona could pocket nearly $700 a year, but they don’t believe how much they could save if they changed companies.
How to save money on Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance in Scottsdale
The best way we recommend to find cheaper prices for car insurance rates is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurance carriers in Scottsdale.
- Step 1: Get an understanding of how car insurance works and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many factors that drive up the price like speeding and poor credit history can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Keep reading for information to get better rates and get bigger discounts.
- Step 2: Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper Fusion Hybrid coverage is available in Scottsdale. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the new insurer. As soon as coverage is bound, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you use similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
There is such a variety of insurers to buy insurance from, and though it is a good thing to be able to choose, more choices can make it harder to adequately compare rates for Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance in Scottsdale.
Cheap Ford insurance rate quotes in Scottsdale
The companies in the list below offer quotes in Arizona. To get cheap car insurance in Arizona, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get the most affordable price.
Data for Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance
The rate information displayed below showcases a range of insurance policy prices for Ford Fusion Hybrid models. Being able to understand how insurance premiums are formulated helps drivers make smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$206||$418||$382||$22||$114||$1,142||$95|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can affect premium rates substantially.
Cautious Scottsdale drivers save money
The example below illustrates how speeding tickets and fender-benders raise Ford Fusion Hybrid auto insurance rates for each age group. The data assumes a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Ford Fusion Hybrid annual premiums for males versus females
The illustration below shows the comparison of Ford Fusion Hybrid auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data is based on no claims, a clean driving record, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The diagram below shows the difference between Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance prices with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The rate quotes are based on no claims or violations, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There isn’t a written rule that works best for making the decision to drop full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Ford Fusion Hybrid settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $6,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premium cost is more than $600 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some conditions where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Discounts for cheaper auto insurance rates
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not know about. Some of these discounts will be visible when you complete an application, but some need to be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- E-sign Discounts – Certain larger companies will provide an incentive simply for signing online.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Being a homeowner can save a few bucks due to the fact that maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Driver Safety – Taking time to complete a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- College Student Discount – Children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Scottsdale and do not take a car to college may be able to be covered for less.
- Early Switch Discount – Some auto insurance companies give discounts for switching to them before your current expiration date. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Telematics Discount – People who choose to allow data collection to analyze when and where they use their vehicle by installing a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system might see lower rates if they are good drivers.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you’re over the age of 55, you could receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you can actually save on your bill.
You can save money using discounts, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The rates are based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
To find companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Scottsdale, follow this link.
Cut Insurance Costs with These Tips
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are more obscure like where you live or your commute time. When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand the rating factors that go into determining your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you lower auto insurance prices.
- More stress means more cost – Jobs such as military generals, air traffic controllers, and accountants usually pay higher rates than the rest of us due to intense work-related stress and long work days. Other occupations like actors, athletes and performers pay the least.
- Vehicle options that lower auto insurance rates – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help stop car theft.
Drive a fast car, truck or SUV and pay more – The make and model of the vehicle you need to insure makes a huge difference in your auto insurance rates. Small economy passenger vehicles generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The following data is based on a single female driver age 20, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Ford Fusion Hybrid policy rates compared to other models that have a range of risk factors.
- Liability insurance – Liability coverage will protect you in the event that you are ruled to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides for a legal defense to defend your case. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- High policy claims frequency drives up auto insurance rates – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you should expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in Arizona generally give most affordable rates to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. Auto insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance loss data – Companies include the past claim trends for vehicles as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that tend to have increased claim numbers or amounts will cost more to insure.
The information below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Ford Fusion Hybrid vehicles. For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average is equal to 100. Values that are 100 or less mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Ford Fusion Hybrid Models Specific Ford Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Fusion Hybrid 125 97 98 92 93 95BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
When it comes to a policy, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Your financial needs are unique.
For example, these questions could help you determine if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Ford Fusion Hybrid?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
When should I get advice from an insurance agency?
Certain consumers still prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a smart move Good insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find better rates and still have an agent to talk to. And buying from small agencies is important particularly in Scottsdale.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your business. You won’t even need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
When finding local Scottsdale agents, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Scottsdale are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both handle car insurance, but it’s worth learning the difference in how they write coverage because it can factor into buying decisions.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent do not work for one specific company and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing car insurance rates, it’s recommended you contact several independent agencies for the best price selection.
Featured below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Scottsdale that can give you free car insurance rate quotes.
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below are Scottsdale exclusive agencies that are able to give price quote information.
Dennis Dowling – State Farm Insurance Agent
5310 E Shea Blvd #3 – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (602) 996-8811 – View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Any agent in Scottsdale should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
After you get acceptable answers to your questions and a good coverage price, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that can be trusted to service your policy.
Arizona auto insurance companies ranked
Buying coverage from the top company is hard considering how many companies provide coverage in Arizona. The ranking information in the next section could help you decide which auto insurers to look at comparing price quotes from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Persistence will pay off
Discount Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance in Scottsdale is attainable on the web as well as from independent agents in Scottsdale, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers do not offer price quotes online and usually these regional carriers sell through independent insurance agencies.
In this article, we covered many ways to find affordable Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance in Scottsdale. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Ford Fusion Hybrid rate quotes. Drivers may even discover the best car insurance rates are with a small local company.
Insureds who switch companies do it for many reasons like poor customer service, not issuing a premium refund, being labeled a high risk driver and extreme rates for teen drivers. Whatever your reason, switching auto insurance companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Steps to finding low-cost Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance in Scottsdale
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to save money on Ford Fusion Hybrid insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from different companies that sell auto insurance in Scottsdale.
Step 1: Read and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as careless driving and your credit history can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application for your new coverage. As soon as you can, keep your new proof of insurance certificate above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
An important part of this process is to use similar coverage information on every price quote and and to get rates from every company you can. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
Other learning opportunities
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a School Permit in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for First-time Drivers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Ride Shares in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25 in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)