How long has it been since you sat down and looked for the cheapest Ford Fusion insurance in Scottsdale? Buying low-cost Scottsdale Ford Fusion insurance quotes may be difficult for consumers who are beginners to quoting and online price comparisons. With such a large number of agents and insurers available, how can you possibly compare every company in order to find better prices?
How to find the cheapest rates for Ford Fusion insurance in Scottsdale
Really, the only way to get low-cost Ford Fusion insurance in Scottsdale is to begin comparing prices regularly from providers in Arizona. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Try to understand what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many factors that cause rate increases like tickets, at-fault accidents, and an unfavorable credit rating can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Read the full article for more ideas to get low prices and find hidden discounts.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple sources. Compare rates
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
An important note is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get quotes from every insurance company. Doing this provides a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
It’s well known that insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Insureds who shop for lower prices will, in all likelihood, switch to a new company because the odds are good of finding a lower rate. A recent insurance study revealed that drivers who routinely compared rates saved about $3,500 over four years compared to people who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on Ford Fusion insurance in Scottsdale is why you’re reading this, understanding how to find companies and compare insurance rates can save time and money.
Best Ford Fusion insurance rate quotes in Arizona
The companies in the list below offer price quotes in Arizona. If you wish to find the best cheap auto insurance in Scottsdale, AZ, we recommend you get rate quotes from several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Detailed insurance information
The coverage table shown below showcases a range of rate quotes for Ford Fusion models. Having a good understanding how insurance premiums are established can assist in making decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$124||$252||$338||$20||$102||$836||$70|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$138||$298||$338||$20||$102||$896||$75|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$138||$344||$424||$26||$126||$1,058||$88|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$138||$298||$338||$20||$102||$896||$75|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$138||$298||$338||$20||$102||$896||$75|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$154||$344||$338||$20||$102||$958||$80|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$154||$344||$338||$20||$102||$958||$80|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in specific garaging location which can decrease or increase auto insurance rates substantially.
The chart below illustrates how your deductible choice and can change Ford Fusion insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. Data assumes a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the factors that help determine your premiums. If you know what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that may result in big savings.
The list below includes some of the most common factors that factor into your premiums.
Men pay more for insurance – Statistics demonstrate females are less aggressive when driving. It does not mean women are better drivers. Both sexes are responsible for accidents at a similar rate, but the males get into accidents with more damage. Men also get more serious tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Teenage male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
The example below illustrates the difference between Ford Fusion yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no violations or accidents, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Liability protection limits on your policy – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage is the protection if a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is relatively inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Only buy what you need – Policies have additional extra coverages you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Coverage for things like coverage for rental cars, death and dismemberment, and additional equipment coverage are probably not needed. These coverages may sound good when buying your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them and pocket the money.
Get hitched and pay less – Having a wife or husband helps lower the price when buying auto insurance. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and statistics show drivers who are married are more cautious.
Vehicle risk affects rates – The performance of the car you drive makes a big difference in how high your rates are. Economy passenger vehicles usually have the lowest rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The following chart is based on a married female driver age 20, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Ford Fusion rates compared to other models that have a range of performances.
Low physical damage deductibles can be expensive – The deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. Insurance for physical damage, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, protects your car from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply could be rear-ending another vehicle, animal collisions, and having a roll-over accident. The larger the amount you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Ford Fusion insurance loss data – Insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that historically have higher losses will have a higher premium rate.
The next table shows the collected loss data for Ford Fusion vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, as a total average, equals 100. Numbers below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford Fusion 2WD||110||95||108||116||111||105|
|Ford Fusion 4WD||115||85||120||88||77||71|
|Ford Fusion Hybrid||125||97||98||92||93||95|
|Ford Fusion Plug-in Hybrid||128||87||91||88||91||107|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
These discounts can lower your auto insurance rates
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of quoting, but a few need to be manually applied before being credited.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of a qualifying organization may earn a discount on your bill.
- Driver’s Education for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies allow you one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Driver Safety – Passing a course teaching safe driver skills is a good idea and can lower rates and also improve your driving technique.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Scottsdale car insurance quote compared to accident prone drivers.
- Distant Student Discount – Kids who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some larger companies provide a discount for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current Fusion insurance policy. It could save around 10% when you buy Scottsdale car insurance online.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Paperless Signup – Certain insurance companies will provide an incentive for signing up online.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The illustration below compares Ford Fusion car insurance costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
If you would like to see a list of insurers who offer cheap Ford Fusion insurance quotes in Scottsdale in Arizona, follow this link.
What if I want to buy from local Scottsdale auto insurance agents?
Some consumers still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find cheap insurance rates and still choose a local agent. Supporting local agents is important especially in Scottsdale.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your information is sent to participating agents in Scottsdale who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. You won’t even need to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Auto insurance agents in Scottsdale come in two varieties
If you need to find a local Scottsdale insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Insurance agents are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel often have many company appointments and that gives them the ability to insure through many different insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to include price quotes from multiple independent agents for maximum quote selection. Many independent agencies also insure through small mutual carriers which could offer lower prices.
Listed below is a partial list of independent agencies in Scottsdale who may provide pricing information.
- Summit Insurance Advisors
5425 E Bell Rd – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (480) 214-3544 – View Map
- Palomino Insurance Agency
8889 E Bell Rd – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (480) 483-8000 – View Map
- Crest Insurance Group, LLC
7900 E Thompson Peak Pkwy # 10 – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 860-6453 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can usually just insure with one company like State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some consumers prefer to purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of the brand name rather than having low rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Scottsdale who can help you get price quotes.
- Brad Dunlap – State Farm® Insurance Agent
8436 E Shea Blvd c103 – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (480) 661-0801 – View Map
- Brenda Wix – State Farm Insurance Agent
6401 E Thomas Rd Suite 102 – Scottsdale, AZ 85251 – (480) 994-9200 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Colby Neal Agency
9449 N 90th St #110 – Scottsdale, AZ 85258 – (480) 860-0860 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Scottsdale?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
Car insurance companies ranked
Ending up with the highest-rated insurer can be challenging considering how many different companies sell coverage in Arizona. The company ratings listed below may help you decide which coverage providers you want to consider purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Scottsdale Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
How do I know if I need professional advice?
Always remember that when buying the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance needs to address that.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my Ford Fusion is totaled?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Cheap auto insurance premiums are out there
You just learned many ways to shop for Ford Fusion insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Ford Fusion insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a small mutual company. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where someone dropped physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Steps to buying low-cost Ford Fusion insurance in Scottsdale
To save the most money, the best way to find cheaper Ford Fusion insurance in Scottsdale is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers in Arizona.
- Gain an understanding of how insurance works and the things you can change to lower rates. Many factors that result in higher rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and bad credit can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available in Scottsdale. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for your new policy. Once coverage is bound, place the new certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to try to use the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
Additional auto insurance information is available on the following sites:
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)