Do you want an efficient way to compare more competitive Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Scottsdale? Locating cheaper insurance for a Honda Accord Hybrid in Arizona can turn out to be a painful process, but you can follow a few tricks and make it easy. There is a right way and a wrong way to buy insurance so you’re going to learn the proper way to quote coverages for a new or used Honda and get the cheapest rates.
Consumers need to compare prices yearly due to the fact that insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you had the best rates on Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Scottsdale a year ago the chances are good that you can find a lower premium rate today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate one of the best ways to buy cheaper Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Scottsdale.
Cut Insurance Costs with These Tips
Many different elements are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but other factors are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are.
The factors shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by insurance companies to determine rates.
Credit rating impacts premium costs – Your credit score will be a significant factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. If your credit score is low, you could pay less to insure your Honda Accord Hybrid if you improve your credit rating. Drivers with excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with worse credit.
Battle of the sexes – Statistics demonstrate women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that females are better drivers. Both genders are in accidents at a similar rate, but the males tend to have higher claims. In addition to higher claims, males also have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 are most likely to cause an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
High performance vehicles cost more to insure – The make and model of the vehicle you own makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. Small economy passenger cars generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
No policy lapses saves money – Letting your insurance expire will be a quick way to bump up your car insurance costs. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you fines or a revoked license.
Mature drivers pay less – Older, more experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Drivers with little experience have a tendency to be inattentive in a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
You may save more by combining policies – Lots of insurance companies allow better rates to customers that purchase more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten or even fifteen percent. Even with this discount applied, it’s in your best interest to get quotes from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still be able to find a better deal even if you insure with multiple companies
Honda Accord Hybrid historical loss data – Car insurance companies use historical loss data in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that the statistics show to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have a higher premium rate. The table below outlines the insurance loss data used by companies for Honda Accord Hybrid vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is set at 100. Values that are below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Honda Accord Hybrid||96||80||98||89||76||84|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Honda Accord Hybrid insurance discounts in Scottsdale
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts to reduce the price significantly. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of quoting, but some need to be asked about before being credited.
- Distant Student – Children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Driver Safety – Passing a class that teaches driver safety techniques could earn you a small percentage discount if you qualify.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to fasten their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the medical payments premium.
- Paper-free Discount – Some larger companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on your computer.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you could save 5% or more.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Larger car insurance companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple policy, defensive driving training, good student, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, and student away at school.
- Nationwide offers discounts including defensive driving, business or organization, easy pay, multi-policy, and Farm Bureau membership.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for defensive driver, seat belt use, good student, driver training, and membership and employees.
- AAA has savings for good student, anti-theft, pay-in-full, good driver, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, and multi-car.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include defensive driver, automatic seat belts, homeowners, driver training, good student, and theft prevention.
- The Hartford may include discounts for bundle, good student, anti-theft, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, air bag, and driver training.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policies in Scottsdale. To locate insurance companies offering car insurance discounts in Arizona, click here to view.
Quote often and quote early
While you’re price shopping online, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, someone dropped physical damage coverage only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Consumers leave their current company for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy cancellation, extreme rates for teen drivers and being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
There are still a few companies who may not have the ability to get a quote online and these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agents. Lower-priced insurance in Scottsdale is available on the web and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
How to find lower priced Honda Accord Hybrid insurance in Scottsdale
Really, the only way to find cheaper Honda Accord Hybrid insurance is to compare quotes annually from providers who sell insurance in Scottsdale.
- Try to understand what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many things that increase rates such as getting speeding tickets and poor credit history can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Scottsdale. If you can save some money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key aspect of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get prices from as many companies as possible. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Much more information about insurance in Arizona can be read on the following sites:
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Used Cars in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Active Military in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Accord in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)