Really, the only way to get affordable car insurance rates in Scottsdale is to compare quotes annually from providers who provide car insurance in Arizona. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Learn about how companies set rates and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that increase rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and poor credit history can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Compare the quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Tell your current company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to your new company or agent. As soon as coverage is bound, store the certificate of insurance in your vehicle.
The critical component of shopping around is to compare identical limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
It’s an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. People who perform rate comparisons will presumably switch companies because they stand a good chance of finding a lower-priced policy. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who compared price quotes annually saved on average $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the lowest rates on Jeep Cherokee insurance in Scottsdale is why you’re here, then learning about how to quote prices and compare coverage rates can help make the process easier and more efficient.
If you have coverage now or are shopping for new coverage, you can use these tips to lower your rates and possibly find even better coverage. Locating the best rates in Scottsdale is not that difficult. Consumers only need an understanding of the quickest way to buy auto insurance from multiple carriers.
You Can Change Your Insurance Rates
Lots of factors are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but others are less obvious such as your marital status and annual miles driven. One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of the different types of things that aid in calculating your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to big savings.
The factors shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by your company to calculate premiums.
Bad credit hurts insurance rates – An insured’s credit rating is likely to be a major factor in calculating your premium rate. Drivers with excellent credit scores tend to be better risks to insure than drivers who have worse credit. So if your credit score could use some work, you could pay less to insure your Jeep Cherokee by improving your rating.
Job can influence premiums – Occupational choices like real estate brokers, air traffic controllers, and accountants generally pay higher rates than average because of high stress and lots of time spent at work. Other occupations such as scientists, students and retirees get better rates.
No policy lapses saves money – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a fast way to increase your rates. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance could earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
Cars with good safety ratings cost less to insure – Vehicles that have high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Vehicles engineered for safety protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates.
Costs and your address – Having an address in areas with lower population is a positive aspect when buying auto insurance. Urban drivers have more road rage incidents and much longer commute distances. Less people living in that area means less chance of accidents.
The more you drive the more you pay – The more you drive your Jeep every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of companies rate vehicles based on their usage. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates than cars that get driven a lot. It’s a good idea to make sure your auto insurance policy correctly shows the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Cherokee is throwing money out the window.
Frequent auto insurance claims will cost you – Car insurance companies in Arizona provide the best rates to people who are not frequent claim filers. If you file a lot of claims you can look forward to increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your car insurance is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Insurance loss data for Jeep Cherokee vehicles – Car insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles to help calculate premium prices. Vehicles that historically have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have higher rates for specific coverages. The table below shows the insurance loss data for Jeep Cherokee vehicles.
For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is represented as 100. Numbers below 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Jeep Cherokee 4dr 2WD||76||105||77||87||90||109|
|Jeep Cherokee 4dr 4WD||78||115||82||75||79||103|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Take policy discounts and save on Jeep Cherokee insurance in Scottsdale
Some providers don’t always list every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous credits available to bring down your rates. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you may be paying too high a price.
- Renewal Discounts – Select larger companies give a discount for buying a new policy before your current coverage expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to analyze driving habits remotely such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
- Driver’s Education for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your bill.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down on your Jeep can earn better premium rates on cars that stay parked.
- Good Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Student in College – College-age children living away from Scottsdale attending college and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
- Driver Training Discounts – Completing a safe driver course could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
As a sidenote, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
To find insurers that offer the discounts shown above in Arizona, click this link.
Quote more to save more
Budget-conscious Jeep Cherokee insurance is possible online in addition to many Scottsdale insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies do not offer online rate quotes and many times these smaller companies only sell through local independent agents.
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)