It takes a little time, but the best way to find lower priced Nissan Xterra insurance is to compare prices regularly from insurers who sell insurance in Scottsdale. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Read about how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic citations and bad credit can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover ideas to prevent rate hikes and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
The most important part of shopping around is to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to analyze as many different companies as possible. This enables an accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
We don’t have to point out that fact that insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Consumers who shop around annually are highly likely to move their business because they stand a good chance of finding coverage at a more affordable price. A recent auto insurance study discovered that consumers who compared rates once a year saved an average of $3,400 over four years compared to other drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the best rates on Nissan Xterra insurance is the reason for your visit, understanding the best way to shop and compare auto insurance can save time, money, and frustration.
Locating the best rates in Scottsdale is actually very simple if you learn how to start. If you have a policy now or are shopping for new coverage, you can follow these tips to cut your premiums and possibly find even better coverage. Consumers just have to use the quickest way to quote multiple rates from many different companies.
Finding a lower price on insurance isn’t really that difficult. All you need to do is spend a few minutes getting comparison quotes from some recommended companies.
The providers in the list below are ready to provide price quotes in Arizona. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in Scottsdale, AZ, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Three main reasons to buy insurance
Even though Scottsdale Xterra insurance rates can get expensive, paying for insurance serves several important purposes.
First, the majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your Nissan Xterra, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Nissan for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
Third, insurance protects not only your Nissan but also your assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays as much as $800 each year so smart consumers compare quotes at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Nissan Xterra coverage analysis
The premium table below highlights detailed analysis of insurance prices for Nissan Xterra models. Being able to understand how insurance rates are determined can help guide drivers when making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Xterra X 2WD||$174||$248||$282||$16||$84||$804||$67|
|Xterra S 2WD||$174||$248||$282||$16||$84||$804||$67|
|Xterra S 4WD||$174||$248||$282||$16||$84||$804||$67|
|Xterra X 4WD||$174||$248||$282||$16||$84||$804||$67|
|Xterra Off Road 4WD||$198||$318||$282||$16||$84||$898||$75|
|Xterra SE 2WD||$198||$318||$282||$16||$84||$898||$75|
|Xterra SE 4WD||$198||$318||$282||$16||$84||$898||$75|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in Scottsdale location which can change price quotes greatly.
Careless driving habits raise Scottsdale insurance rates
The illustration below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault collisions can increase Nissan Xterra insurance rates for each age group. Data assumes a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Get cheaper rates by earning discounts
Some insurance providers don’t list all discounts very well, so we researched a few of the more well known as well as the least known credits available to bring down your rates.
- Scottsdale Homeowners Pay Less – Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings since owning and maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one company you may earn up to 20% off your total Xterra insurance premium.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car model can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Auto/Life Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a break if you buy a life policy as well.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government could qualify for a slight premium decrease but check with your company.
- Student Discounts – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers can get lower premium rates.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
The example below shows the comparison of Nissan Xterra insurance prices with and without discounts applied. The data assumes a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, multi-policy, claim-free, marriage, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide are included below.
- State Farm discounts include driver’s education, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, defensive driving training, and passive restraint.
- GEICO may include discounts for good student, air bags, five-year accident-free, military active duty, and daytime running lights.
- Allstate has savings for multi-policy, eSmart discount, teenSMART discount, good payer, utility vehicle, and resident student.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including drive less, teen safe driver, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, accident prevention training, and anti-theft.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for youthful driver, 55 and retired, renewal discount, safe driver, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-policy, and good student.
- AAA includes discounts for multi-policy, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, anti-theft, and good student.
When getting free Scottsdale auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every prospective company how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in every state. To locate insurers that offer many of these discounts in Arizona, click here to view.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same insurance coverage
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance should reflect that
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Will my Nissan Xterra be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Does my Nissan Xterra qualify for pleasure use?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Best car insurance company in Scottsdale
Choosing the right company can be challenging considering how many companies there are in Arizona. The company rank data in the next section may help you select which insurers to look at to insure your vehicles.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies