It’s safe to conclude that car insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. People who perform rate comparisons are highly likely to buy a new policy because they have good chances of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent study showed that consumers who regularly shopped around saved an average of $3,450 over four years compared to those who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding discount rates on Chevy Aveo insurance in Scottsdale is your ultimate objective, understanding the best way to shop and compare insurance coverage can make the process less intimidating.
Truthfully, the best way to get budget Chevy Aveo insurance in Scottsdale is to regularly compare quotes from providers who sell insurance in Arizona. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- Take a little time to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like traffic tickets, fender benders, and an imperfect credit rating can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover more details to help reduce premium rates and earn a bigger discount.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper Aveo coverage is available in Scottsdale. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you’re comparing similar coverage information on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This guarantees a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
If you are insured now or just want a better rate, use these tips to get lower rates and still get good coverage. Locating more affordable protection in Scottsdale is not as hard as you think. Consumers just need to understand the fastest way to compare prices using one simple form.
Get Cheaper Insurance Premiums by Understanding These Factors
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but other factors are not as apparent like where you live or your commute time. Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that go into determining the price you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The items below are some of the major factors used by your company to calculate your premiums.
Be proud to be claim-free – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Insurance companies in Arizona give cheaper rates to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. Auto insurance is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Poor credit decisions can cost you – An insured’s credit history is a large factor in calculating your premium rate. Consumers who have very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with poor credit scores. If your credit is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your Chevrolet Aveo by improving your rating.
Five star IIHS safety rating saves money – Safe vehicles are cheaper to insure. These vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower rates of occupant injuries means less claims paid and lower rates for you. If your Chevy Aveo is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may cost less to insure.
How’s your driving record? – Good drivers have lower premiums than bad drivers. Just one driving citation may increase your cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who have gotten careless citations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 form with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The example below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault accidents can affect Chevy Aveo insurance prices for different age categories. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Is you employer costing you more? – Careers such as fire fighters, police officers, and accountants tend to have higher average rates in part from intense work requirements and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, jobs like professors, engineers and the unemployed generally pay rates lower than average.
The type of car, truck or SUV makes a difference – The performance level of the vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in your car insurance bill. Lower performance four cylinder passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The following data assumes a single female driver age 20, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Chevrolet Aveo rates compared to other models that have a range of performances.
Getting a cheaper price on Chevy Aveo insurance is not a difficult process. Consumers just need to invest a few minutes getting comparison quotes online with multiple companies.
The following companies are ready to provide quotes in Arizona. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Insurance rate breakdown
The price information displayed below highlights different insurance rates for Chevy Aveo models. Having a good understanding how insurance prices are calculated can be of help when making smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Aveo LS 4-Dr Hatchback||$232||$460||$300||$18||$90||$1,100||$92|
|Aveo LS 4-Dr Sedan||$232||$460||$300||$18||$90||$1,100||$92|
|Aveo LT 4-Dr Hatchback||$262||$460||$300||$18||$90||$1,130||$94|
|Aveo LT 4-Dr Sedan||$262||$460||$300||$18||$90||$1,130||$94|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Information does not factor in garaging location in Scottsdale which can lower or raise insurance rates considerably.
The illustration below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can influence Chevy Aveo annual premium costs for different insured age categories. The rate quotes are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Yearly auto insurance costs for men versus women
The illustration below shows the comparison of Chevy Aveo premium costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The illustration below compares Chevy Aveo auto insurance rates with full coverage and liability only. The information is based on no violations or accidents, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no written rule to stop buying comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Chevy Aveo replacement cost is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $8,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it’s costing you more than $800 annually for full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some circumstances where buying only liability insurance is not advised. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Why you need vehicle insurance in Arizona
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chevy Aveo in Scottsdale, insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to be legal. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chevy at a more expensive rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Chevy as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying insurance outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average driver in Arizona is overpaying over $830 a year so shop around once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Get discounts to get affordable Scottsdale car insurance rates
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list all possible discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known and also the more inconspicuous car insurance savings.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member can result in better premium rates.
- Own a Home – Just owning your own home can help you save on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like GEICO and Allstate will let one accident slide without raising rates with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
- Driver Training Discounts – Passing a defensive driving class could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify for a discount when you quote Scottsdale auto insurance depending on your car insurance provider.
- Resident Student – Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Scottsdale and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Chevy Aveo insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The rates are based on a male driver, no violations or claims, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, multi-car, marriage, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
To find insurers that offer discounts in Scottsdale, click here to view.
Local Scottsdale auto insurance agents
Many drivers would prefer to buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that Professional insurance agents can answer important questions and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find cheap auto insurance rates and also buy local. And buying from local insurance agents is important especially in Scottsdale.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is sent to participating agents in Scottsdale who can give free rate quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. If you want to quote rates from a particular provider, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Scottsdale auto insurance agents come in two flavors
If you would like to find a reliable insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Auto insurance agents in Scottsdale are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both can write auto insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the subtle differences since it can impact which type of agent you select.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type do not have single company limitations and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency.
If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, it’s a good idea to get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller mutual companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Scottsdale that can give you free price quotes.
- Colonial General Insurance Co
8475 E Hartford Dr – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 991-7889 – View Map
- Arizona Western Insurance Services
13951 N Scottsdale Rd # 234 – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (480) 483-3311 – View Map
- Jeremy Mueller Insurance Inc
8700 E Pinnacle Peak Rd # 110 – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 515-5223 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are highly trained on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. A lot of people buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the brand and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below are Scottsdale exclusive agents who can help you get rate quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Denis Zdrale
7001 N Scottsdale Rd #1045 – Paradise Valley, AZ 85253 – (480) 951-0115 – View Map
- Joe Dufek – State Farm Insurance Agent
5425 E Bell Rd #108 – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (602) 493-5300 – View Map
- Jim Wurbel – State Farm Insurance Agent
10789 N 90th St Ste 101 – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (480) 860-1090 – View Map
Deciding on a insurance agent requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you should ask.
- What companies can they write with?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Scottsdale?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Does their agency support local causes in Scottsdale?
- How long has their agency been open in Scottsdale?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
Smart consumers save more
You just read some good ideas how to compare Chevy Aveo insurance premium rates in Scottsdale. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Chevrolet Aveo insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies.
Budget-friendly car insurance in Scottsdale can be purchased on the web and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some car insurance companies don’t offer internet price quotes and many times these regional carriers only sell through local independent agencies.
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as policy non-renewal, extreme rates for teen drivers, high prices or poor customer service. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right car insurance provider is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Scottsdale Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Scottsdale Car Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)