Cutting costs on Chevy Spark insurance in Scottsdale may be challenging for people who have little experience online price comparisons. Drivers have so many agents and companies to choose from that it can easily turn into a big hassle to find the perfect company for you.
Unthinkable but true, over 70% of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never compared insurance rates at all. Drivers in Arizona could save approximately 50% every year, but most tend to underestimate the amount of money they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
You need to price shop coverage every six months since insurance prices are constantly changing. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates on Chevy Spark insurance in Scottsdale a couple years back a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Don’t believe everything you read about Spark insurance online but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some guaranteed methods to stop overpaying for insurance in Scottsdale.
How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
Many different elements are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, although some other factors are more obscure such as your credit history or your commute time.
Listed below are just a few of the factors car insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
Don’t let your car insurance lapse – Driving your car without having proper coverage is illegal and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage might get you fines or a revoked license. You may need to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Arizona motor vehicle department.
Discounts for auto and home policies – Lots of insurance companies provide discounts to insureds who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s in your best interest to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal.
More performance means higher costs – The type of car, truck or SUV you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in determining your rates. The lowest rates are usually for lower performance four cylinder passenger models, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Small coverages can add up – There are a ton of extra add-on coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t diligent. Add-on coverages like rental car coverage, better glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may seem good initially, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
When shopping for affordable Scottsdale car insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways of comparing rate quotes from many insurance companies in Arizona. The best way to compare rates consists of shopping online. When quoting insurance, remember that comparing more quotes helps increase your odds of locating better pricing. Some smaller insurers do not give online Scottsdale Spark insurance quotes, so it’s recommended that you also compare price quotes from them, too.
The providers in the list below can provide free quotes in Scottsdale, AZ. If you wish to find cheaper auto insurance in Arizona, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies in order to find the lowest rates.
Why you need quality insurance for your Spark
Even though Scottsdale Spark insurance rates can get expensive, paying for insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability in order to be legal. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will require you to carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and make you pay for it.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. An average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so smart consumers compare quotes each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Lower-cost Scottsdale car insurance quotes with discounts
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but there may be some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of purchase, but a few must be asked for before you get the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you could be getting lower rates.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Chevy can earn lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a course teaching driver safety skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Simply owning a home can save a few bucks since home ownership demonstrates responsibility.
- No Claim Discounts – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
You can save money using discounts, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren’t that lucky.
Large car insurance companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- State Farm may include discounts for safe vehicle, multiple autos, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, and student away at school.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, and continuous coverage.
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and online signing.
- MetLife includes discounts for accident-free, defensive driver, good student, good driver, and multi-policy.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe driver, good student, and renewal discount.
- GEICO may offer discounts for membership and employees, daytime running lights, federal employee, military active duty, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include safe driver, accident prevention training, multi-car, teen safety rewards, anti-theft, and bundle discounts.
Check with each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some credits may not be offered in Scottsdale.
Local Scottsdale insurance agents
A lot of people just want to talk to a local agent and that can be a great decision The best thing about comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance rates but also keep your business local.
After filling out this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to leave your house because prices are sent to you. You’ll get the best rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, you would need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurer should include more criteria than just the quoted price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- How are they compensated?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
How to choose the best auto insurance agent in Scottsdale
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a local Scottsdale insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies in Scottsdale are either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some insured continue to purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to loyalty to the company instead of buying on price only.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Scottsdale willing to provide comparison quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Rebecca Navarre Agency Inc.
8096 N 85th Way d101 – Scottsdale, AZ 85258 – (480) 905-0102 – View Map
- Gary Garrett – State Farm Insurance Agent
15678 N Frank Lloyd Wright Blvd – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (480) 314-0314 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – Winston Vineyard Agency LLC
9280 E Raintree Dr Ste 103 – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (480) 951-8890 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent do not work for one specific company so they can quote policies through many companies and potentially find a lower price. If your premiums go up, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing auto insurance prices, it’s recommended you include price quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to have the best price comparison. Many independent agencies also insure through small mutual carriers that many times have cheaper rates.
The following are independent agents in Scottsdale willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Good’s Insurance Agency, Inc. – South West
33725 N Scottsdale Rd #125h – Scottsdale, AZ 85266 – (877) 208-6690 – View Map
- Citywide Insurance
13802 N Scottsdale Rd #106 – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (480) 607-7537 – View Map
- Pinnacle Ins Agency Inc.
8700 E Vista Bonita Dr – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 513-3131 – View Map
If you get acceptable answers to your questions and an affordable coverage quote, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that can be trusted to adequately provide auto insurance. Just remember it’s your policy and you can cancel coverage for any reason so never feel you are locked into the auto insurance policy for any length of time.
Insurance agents can help
When quoting and choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. You are unique.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Do I have ACV or replacement cost coverage?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Chevy Spark to commute?
- Does low annual mileage earn a discount?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
Don’t give up on cheaper premiums
When shopping online for auto insurance, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
The cheapest Chevy Spark insurance in Scottsdale is possible both online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not have internet price quotes and many times these smaller companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
You just learned many tips how you can save on Chevy Spark insurance in Scottsdale. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the most savings is with an unexpected company.
Steps to buying affordable Chevy Spark insurance in Scottsdale
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get affordable Chevy Spark insurance is to annually compare prices from companies in Scottsdale. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Try to understand individual coverages and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like at-fault accidents and a low credit score can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of companies. Click to view companies
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to your new insurance company. When you receive it, store the proof of insurance paperwork above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get rates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This enables an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Additional information is located on the following sites:
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Electric Cars in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Scottsdale Car Insurance for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Scottsdale Car Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Scottsdale Car Insurance for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)