A recent study showed that the vast majority of consumers have bought insurance from the same company for four years or more, and approximately 40% of consumers have never quoted insurance rates at all. With the average insurance premium being $1,580, Arizona drivers could save almost 50% every year by just shopping around, but they think it’s difficult to go online and compare rates.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find cheaper quotes for auto insurance rates in Scottsdale is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Arizona. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- First, try to learn a little about how auto insurance works and the steps you can take to keep rates in check. Many factors that cause rate increases like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. View rates
- Third, compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Scottsdale. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to try to use similar coverage information on every quote and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and a thorough price selection.
If you have insurance now, you will most likely be able to shop for the lowest rates using the ideas covered in this article. This article’s intent is to familiarize you with the most effective ways to compare rates and some tips to save money. Nevertheless, Arizona vehicle owners should learn the way insurance companies price insurance differently and use it to find better rates.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Companies don’t list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below details both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Scottsdale auto insurance online.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Mature drivers can get a slight reduction on a Scottsdale auto insurance quote.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than less cautious drivers.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and earn discounts up to 10% off your Scottsdale auto insurance quote.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a home in Scottsdale may trigger a policy discount on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Professional Memberships – Affiliation with certain professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your bill.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
Please keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
- GEICO discounts include good student, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, anti-theft, military active duty, daytime running lights, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple autos, anti-theft, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and student away at school.
- Esurance has discounts for paid-in-full, multi-car, good student, anti-theft, online quote, defensive driver, and claim free.
- The Hartford offers discounts including good student, anti-theft, driver training, defensive driver, and air bag.
If you want affordable Scottsdale auto insurance quotes, ask all the companies to apply every possible discount. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in Scottsdale.
The quickest method we recommend to get rate comparisons for Chrysler Pacifica insurance in Scottsdale is to take advantage of the fact most insurance companies participate in online systems to give rate comparisons. To get started, all you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information such as if you have a valid license, whether you drive to work or school, level of coverage desired, and if you require a SR-22. Your details is instantly provided to many of the top insurers and they provide comparison quotes almost instantly.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Chrysler Pacifica now, click here and complete the quick form.
The car insurance companies shown below provide price quotes in Arizona. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Scottsdale, AZ, we recommend you get rates from several of them to get the most affordable price.
What Determines Chrysler Pacifica Insurance Costs?
Many different elements are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, although some other factors are not as apparent such as your marital status or your financial responsibility. An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that help determine your policy premiums. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that can earn you cheaper rates.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces used by insurance companies to determine prices.
- Keep the miles off and save – Driving a lot of miles every year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most insurance companies charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Autos that do not get driven very much can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that have high annual mileage. It’s always a good idea to double check that your insurance declarations sheet correctly shows the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Pacifica is just wasting money.
- Increase coverage deductibles and save – Insurance for physical damage to your car, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, insures against damage to your Chrysler. Examples of covered claims are a broken side mirror, damage from fire, and windstorm damage. Your deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. The larger the amount the insured is willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Rental and towing coverage may not be needed – There are a ton of additional coverages that sound like a good idea at the time but may not be useful. Add-on coverages like rental car reimbursement, towing coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment when buying your policy, but if they’re wasting money think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Don’t cut corners with liability coverage – The liability section of your policy will afford coverage if you are determined to be liable for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. It is affordable coverage as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
- Bad credit hurts insurance prices – A driver’s credit rating can be a huge factor in determining your rates. So if your credit history could use some work, you could potentially save money when insuring your Chrysler Pacifica by taking the time to improve your credit score. Insureds with high credit scores tend to file fewer claims than those with worse credit.
- Traffic violations are costly – Even a single citation may increase your cost forty percent or more. Drivers with clean records pay less for auto insurance as compared to careless drivers. Drivers with severe violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Male prices may be higher – Statistics demonstrate that females take fewer risks when driving. It does not mean females are better drivers. They both tend to get into auto accidents in similar percentages, but guys have accidents that have higher claims. They also get cited for more serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- Urban areas may pay more – Choosing to live in less populated areas of the country has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. Residents of big cities tend to have more road rage incidents and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers and short commutes means a lower chance of having an accident and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
You may require the services of an agent
Some people would rather buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended An additional benefit of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get lower prices but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is definitely important in Scottsdale.
Once you complete this quick form, your information is transmitted to insurance agents in Scottsdale who will return price quotes to get your business. There is no reason to find an agent because prices are sent to you. It’s the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Different types of auto insurance agents in Scottsdale
If you are searching for a reliable agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they function. Insurance agencies in Scottsdale may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not restricted to one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, you will want to compare prices from independent agents to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with small mutual carriers who may have lower rates.
The following is a partial list of independent agencies in Scottsdale that may be able to provide free car insurance rate quotes.
- Citywide Insurance
13802 N Scottsdale Rd #106 – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (480) 607-7537 – View Map
- Vanyo Insurance Group
8040 E Morgan Trail #5A – Scottsdale, AZ 85258 – (480) 998-4014 – View Map
- Arizona Insurance Services
7950 E Acoma Dr # 205 – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (480) 778-9700 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only provide one company’s prices and examples are American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. These agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Many people choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of the brand legacy rather than low price.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Scottsdale that can give you comparison quotes.
- Manny Birch – State Farm Insurance Agent
7297 N Scottsdale Rd Ste 1001 – Scottsdale, AZ 85253 – (602) 279-4383 – View Map
- Jim Wurbel – State Farm Insurance Agent
10789 N 90th St Ste 101 – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (480) 860-1090 – View Map
- Dwayne Aaron – State Farm Insurance Agent
14555 N Scottsdale Rd #120 – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (480) 948-2005 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent requires more thought than just a low price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Is there a local claims center in Scottsdale?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Arizona?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Who are their largest clients?
Why you need quality insurance for your Pacifica
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Scottsdale, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Chrysler, most banks will require you to buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chrysler for a lot more money and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your car. It will also cover many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying auto insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver overpays more than $830 a year so compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Quote more and you will save more
Consumers leave their current company for many reasons like poor customer service, policy non-renewal, high prices or even delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company is not as hard as you think.
We just covered many tips how you can find affordable Chrysler Pacifica insurance in Scottsdale. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Scottsdale auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a small local company.
Discount Chrysler Pacifica insurance in Scottsdale is possible online in addition to local insurance agencies, so get free Scottsdale auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. Some insurance providers may not provide price quotes online and these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agents.
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Scottsdale Auto Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Impreza? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for High School Students in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Business Use in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)