If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to save money on car insurance rates in Scottsdale is to begin comparing prices regularly from different companies in Arizona.
First, get a basic knowledge of what coverages are included in your policy and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that cause rate increases like getting speeding tickets and a not-so-good credit history can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if cheaper PT Cruiser coverage is available in Scottsdale. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Fourth, tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for the new policy. Once the application is submitted, keep your new proof of insurance certificate with your registration paperwork.
The critical component of shopping around is to make sure you enter identical coverages on each price quote and and to get prices from all possible companies. This provides a level playing field and maximum price selection.
We don’t have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. People who shop around for a cheaper policy are highly likely to switch to a new company because there is a good probability of finding good coverage at a lower price. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who routinely compared rates saved about $3,400 over four years compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the best rates on Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance is your intention, then having a grasp of how to shop for cheaper coverage can help make the process easier and more efficient.
If you are insured now, you will surely be able to find the best rates using the techniques covered below. Finding the cheapest coverage in Scottsdale can be much easier if you know how to start. Nevertheless, Arizona vehicle owners do need to understand how big insurance companies determine prices and use it to your advantage.
All major auto insurance companies allow consumers to get coverage price quotes from their websites. Getting online quotes for Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in Scottsdale is quite simple as you simply enter your personal and coverage information into the quote form. Once entered, their rating system will obtain reports for credit and driving violations and provides a quote based on these factors. Quoting online for Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance in Scottsdale helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s also necessary to do this in order to find a lower rate.
If you want to find out how much you can save on auto insurance, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you enter coverages and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. Doing this assures you are getting a rate comparison based on identical coverages.
The companies in the list below offer price comparisons in Arizona. To find the cheapest car insurance in Arizona, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Verify you’re getting every discount
Some insurers do not list all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known credits available to you.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking part in a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a vehicle that is new is cheaper since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Chrysler may allow you to get lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- College Student – Kids living away from Scottsdale attending college without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
- No Accidents – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but some companies like State Farm and Allstate permit an accident without raising rates if you have no claims for a certain period of time.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Policyholders that allow their insurance company to analyze driving manner by using a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
Remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The information below compares Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The costs are based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
A partial list of companies who might offer these benefits possibly include:
When quoting, ask all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in your area. To locate providers offering insurance discounts in Scottsdale, click here to view.
Chrysler PT Cruiser detailed coverage information
The coverage information shown below showcases different coverage prices for Chrysler PT Cruiser models. Learning a little about how policy premiums are figured can help you make decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|PT Cruiser 2WD 4-Dr
|PT Cruiser 2WD 4-Dr
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
Data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can influence insurance rates noticeably.
Analysis of deductible levels
When shopping for car insurance, a common question is how high or low should comp and collision deductibles be. The premium rates below can help you visualize the differences in price between low and high physical damage deductibles. The first rate table uses a $100 deductible and the second pricing table uses a $500 deductible.
|PT Cruiser 2WD 4-Dr
|PT Cruiser 2WD 4-Dr
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
|PT Cruiser 2WD 4-Dr
|PT Cruiser 2WD 4-Dr
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
Prices based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can influence price quotes significantly.
We can estimate from the data above that using a $100 deductible costs roughly $17 more each month or $204 annually across all Chrysler PT Cruiser models than choosing the higher $500 deductible. Because you would be required to pay $400 more if you turn in a claim with a $500 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you average at least 24 months between claim filings, you would probably come out ahead going with the higher deductible.
How to determine if raising deductibles makes sense
|Average monthly premium for $100 deductibles:
|Average monthly premium for $500 deductibles (subtract):
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:
|Difference between deductibles ($500 – $100):
|Divide difference by monthly savings:
|$400 / $17
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible
One thing to note is that higher deductibles means you will have to pay more of your own money when you file a claim. That will require enough disposable savings in the event you have to pay more for the deductible.
Chrysler PT Cruiser liability rates compared to full coverage
The information below illustrates the comparison of Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The price estimates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no set guideline of when to eliminate physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than about 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s pretend your Chrysler PT Cruiser book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $3,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premiums are more than $300 a year to have full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some scenarios where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Compare rates but work with a local Scottsdale insurance agent
Some consumers would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A good thing about price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheaper prices but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting small agencies is important particularly in Scottsdale.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your information is emailed to companies in Scottsdale who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can get cheaper auto insurance rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you need to get a price quote from one company in particular, you would need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Different types of Scottsdale auto insurance agents
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are two types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Scottsdale can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
These type of agents do not sell for just one brand so as a result can place your coverage through many companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If you want to switch companies, the agent simply finds a different carrier which requires no work on your part.
When comparing rates, you should always get some free quotes from several independent agencies to get the best comparison.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Scottsdale who may be able to give you price quotes.
Agents of this type have only one company to place business with like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They generally cannot give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agents in Scottsdale who can help you get comparison quotes.
Scott Holly – State Farm Insurance Agent
4014 N Goldwater Blvd Ste 202 – Scottsdale, AZ 85251 – (480) 949-7204 – View Map
Shelley Anderson – State Farm Insurance Agent
8080 E Gelding Dr d106 – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (480) 941-2257 – View Map
Choosing a insurance agency should include more criteria than just the quoted price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
Smart Consumers Know How to Buy Auto Insurance for Less
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of the rating factors that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs. Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your commute time.
The items below are just a few of the factors auto insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- More stress means more cost – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Occupations such as lawyers, business owners, and miners usually pay higher rates than the rest of us in part from intense work-related stress and incredibly demanding work hours. On the other hand, occupations such as scientists, students and retirees get better rates.
Gender as a rate factor – Statistics have proven women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn’t mean males are worse at driving than females. Women and men are in at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but men cause more damage. Men also statistically receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers generally have the highest accident percentage and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Chrysler PT Cruiser car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no claims or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Affects performance affects auto insurance prices – The performance of the car you are insuring makes a substantial difference in your premium level. Small economy passenger vehicles generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
The following chart assumes a married female driver age 20, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Chrysler PT Cruiser car insurance rates compared to other models that have a range of performance rating factors.
- Keep the miles off and save – Driving a lot of miles in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies calculate rates based on their usage. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time receive lower rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It’s always a good idea to double check that your auto insurance policy correctly shows annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having the wrong rating on your PT Cruiser is just wasting money.
- Optional features impact rates – Choosing to buy a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help prevent car theft.
- Bump up deductibles to lower rates – Deductibles for physical damage state the amount of money the insured will be required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Protection for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your car. Some coverage claims are colliding with a stationary object, collision with a deer, or theft of your vehicle. The more of the claim you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Good drivers pay better rates – Attentive drivers receive lower rates than their less careful counterparts. Even a single chargeable violation may increase your cost to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who have gotten dangerous citations such as reckless driving or DUI may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
The example below shows how traffic citations and at-fault claims raise Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The information is based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though Scottsdale PT Cruiser insurance rates can get expensive, car insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Chrysler for a lot more money and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. The average driver in America is wasting up to $869 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Best car insurance company in Arizona
Selecting the top insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many different companies sell coverage in Scottsdale. The ranking information shown below may help you pick which providers you want to consider comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Scottsdale Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- State Farm – 90%
- Nationwide – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
Top 10 Scottsdale Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Don’t give up on cheap premiums
As you quote Scottsdale car insurance, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price.
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can lower your Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance car insurance rates in Scottsdale. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Chrysler PT Cruiser insurance quotes. You may even find the most savings is with the smaller companies. Regional companies can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Immigrants in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- How Much are Scottsdale Auto Insurance Rates for a Company Car? (FAQ)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)