If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates is to begin comparing prices regularly from providers in Scottsdale. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- It will benefit you to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can change to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a negative credit score can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices for many different companies. View rates
- Compare the new rates to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new company or agent. Once received, keep your new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of this process is that you use the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to look at as many carriers as you can. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
It’s easy to assume that auto insurance companies don’t want you shop around. Insureds who shop around at least once a year will, in all likelihood, switch companies because they stand a good chance of finding a lower-priced company. A survey found that drivers who compared rates regularly saved $3,500 over four years compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the lowest price for Chevy Bolt EV insurance is your ultimate target, understanding how to shop for insurance premiums can save time and make the process easier.
Best companies for competitive Chevy Bolt EV insurance in Arizona
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Arizona. To find cheap car insurance in Arizona, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Verify you’re applying every discount
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of a few of the more well known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Scottsdale auto insurance online. If you’re not getting every credit available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger companies have lower auto insurance rates if you buy life insurance.
- Organization Discounts – Being in qualifying employment or professional organizations can get you a small discount when shopping for auto insurance.
- Multi-car Discount – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles on the same auto insurance policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
We need to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
Larger auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including claim-free, accident-free, good driver, good student, multi-policy, and defensive driver.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include type of vehicle, age of vehicle, anti-theft, ease of repair, annual mileage, professional/association, and multi-policy.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for family plan, multi-policy, accident-free, good student, and business or organization.
- GEICO discounts include multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, anti-theft, daytime running lights, and seat belt use.
- AAA may include discounts for good student, pay-in-full, good driver, multi-policy, multi-car, AAA membership discount, and education and occupation.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company to give you their best rates. Savings might not be offered in Scottsdale. To see a list of insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts in Scottsdale, follow this link.
Are insurance agencies used anymore?
Many people just want to sit down with an agent and often times that is recommended Good agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. The best thing about comparing auto insurance online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Scottsdale that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered to your email. If you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you can always go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Choosing an insurer requires more thought than just the premium amount. Any agent in Scottsdale should be willing to answer these questions.
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Can you contact them at any time?
If you are searching for a reliable insurance agency, you should know the different types of agents to choose from. Auto insurance agencies can be described as either exclusive or independent. Both properly insure your vehicles, but it’s good to learn how they are different since it could factor into your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are contracted to one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price.
The following are Scottsdale exclusive agents willing to provide rate quotes.
American Family Insurance – Winston Vineyard Agency LLC
9280 E Raintree Dr Ste 103 – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (480) 951-8890 – View Map
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company and that gives them the ability to insure through many different auto insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to do anything. If you need lower rates, it’s recommended you include price quotes from multiple independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Below are independent agents in Scottsdale that can give you rate quotes.
How to find a good Arizona auto insurance company
Finding a good quality insurance company can be challenging considering how many choices drivers have in Arizona. The information in the next section could help you analyze which car insurance companies you want to consider to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Scottsdale Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
Top 10 Scottsdale Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
You just read a lot of tips how to compare Chevy Bolt EV insurance prices in Scottsdale. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Chevrolet Bolt EV insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with an unexpected company. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
More detailed insurance information can be read by following these links:
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)