Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that the vast majority of auto insurance customers have bought auto insurance from the same company for at least the last four years, and just short of a majority have never compared quotes from other companies. Scottsdale insurance shoppers could save as much as $730 each year, but they just don’t want to save money by comparing rate quotes.
It takes a little time, but the best way to find discount Chevy Bolt insurance is to do an annual price comparison from companies who sell insurance in Scottsdale.
- Step 1: Try to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a bad credit rating can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on Bolt insurance in Scottsdale. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new company or agent. Immediately upon receiving it, safely store the certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One thing to remember is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
If you have insurance now or need new coverage, you will benefit by learning to reduce the price you pay and still get good coverage. These techniques will let you in on how to compare rates easily and also save some money in the process You only need an understanding of the most time-saving way to find the lowest price using one simple form.
The quickest method to compare insurance rates in your area is to take advantage of the fact all the major auto insurance companies pay for the opportunity to compare their rates. The one thing you need to do is provide a little information like whether you are single or married, what you do for a living, if a SR-22 is needed, and if you went to college. Your insurance information is submitted instantly to multiple auto insurance providers and they return cost estimate almost instantly.
To get price quotes for your Chevy Bolt now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The following companies have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Arizona. If your goal is to find cheaper auto insurance in Scottsdale, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts that you may not know about. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Drivers Ed for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of up to 20% and get you the cheapest Chevrolet Bolt insurance in Scottsdale.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Allstate, Progressive, and GEICO will let one accident slide without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags can get savings as much as 30%.
- Own a Home – Just owning your own home can earn you a little savings since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
- College Student – College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Scottsdale without a vehicle on campus could qualify for this discount.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you can avoid the installment charge.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
Companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- American Family may include discounts for Steer into Savings, mySafetyValet, defensive driver, good driver, good student, bundled insurance, and TimeAway discount.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for multi-policy, accident-free, business or organization, family plan, and anti-theft.
- MetLife may have discounts that include good driver, multi-policy, good student, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- 21st Century includes discounts for student driver, defensive driver, teen driver, 55 and older, early bird, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for homeowner, business and professional, good student, switch companies, alternative fuel, pay in full, and bundle discounts.
- Allstate has discounts for utility vehicle, teenSMART discount, farm vehicle, good payer, new car, and anti-theft.
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in your state. To locate providers who offer cheap Chevy Bolt insurance quotes in Arizona, click this link.
Can’t I compare rate quotes from local Scottsdale auto insurance agents?
Some people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find the best rates and also buy local. Buying from and supporting local agents is still important in Scottsdale.
Once you complete this short form, your information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Scottsdale that give free quotes for your coverage. You never need to leave your house since price quotes are sent to you. If you need to compare rates from one company in particular, you would need to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
What types of car insurance agents are in Scottsdale?
If you are wanting to find a local Scottsdale insurance agency, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they operate. Scottsdale agents may be either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either type can write policy coverage, but it’s important to point out the difference in the companies they write for because it can factor into the kind of agent you use.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents can quote rates with many companies so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s recommended you check rates from independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices. Most also have access to small regional insurance companies which can save you money.
Featured below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Scottsdale who can help you get rate quotes.
- Vanyo Insurance Group
8040 E Morgan Trail #5A – Scottsdale, AZ 85258 – (480) 998-4014 – View Map
- Bennett and Porter Insurance | Wealth Management
3200 N Hayden Rd #310 – Scottsdale, AZ 85251 – (480) 212-1150 – View Map
- Desert Mountain Insurance Services – Medical Malpractice
2918 N 67th Pl – Scottsdale, AZ 85251 – (480) 348-2200 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type generally can only insure with one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are highly trained on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. A lot of people buy from the same agent for years mainly due to loyalty to the company instead of buying on price only.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Scottsdale who can help you get price quote information.
- Joe Dufek – State Farm Insurance Agent
5425 E Bell Rd #108 – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (602) 493-5300 – View Map
- Brandon Mueller – State Farm Insurance Agent
6149 N Scottsdale Rd #106 – Scottsdale, AZ 85250 – (480) 991-0119 – View Map
- Craig Smith – Farmers Insurance – Scottsdale
9332 E Raintree Dr #140 – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (480) 657-7906 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agency requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. A good agent in Scottsdale will have answers to these questions.
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- How are claims handled?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
Upon getting satisfactory answers to any questions you may have and an affordable coverage quote, you may have just found an insurance agent that is professional and can insure your vehicles.
How Your Bolt Insurance Rates are Determined
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that help calculate insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to big savings. Many things are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but some are less apparent such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
Listed below are a few of the things utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rates.
- Save money with high credit – Having a good credit history factor in determining premium rates. Therefore, if your credit score can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your Chevrolet Bolt if you clean up your credit. Insureds with very good credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with bad credit.
- Lower rates by increasing comp and collision deductibles – Your deductibles are how much you are required to pay if you file a covered claim. Protection for physical damage, aka comp and collision, protects your car from damage. A few examples of covered claims are colliding with a stationary object, collision with a deer, and having a roll-over accident. The more expense you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- With age comes responsibility – Older, more experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations. Youthful drivers are statistically shown to be careless and easily distracted when driving with friends therefore insurance rates are much higher.
- Insure your auto and home with one company – The majority of insurance companies give discounts to insureds who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to as much as ten percent or more Even if you’re getting this discount it’s still a good idea to get quotes from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Higher prices for specific employers – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Jobs such as military generals, police officers, and accountants usually pay higher rates than the rest of us because of intense work-related stress and lengthy work days. Other occupations like scientists, historians and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
- Commute or pleasure use – The higher the miles on your Chevy every year the more you’ll pay to insure it. The majority of insurers calculate rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos that do not get driven very much cost less to insure than those used for commuting. Having the wrong rating on your Bolt can result in significantly higher rates. Double check that your insurance policy properly reflects the right rating data, because it can save money.
Three reasons to insure your Chevy vehicle
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Bolt insurance, insurance is required in Arizona but it also protects you in many ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, almost every bank will require you to have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and make you pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects not only your Chevy Bolt but also your financial assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average driver in Arizona is overpaying over $700 annually so shop around each time the policy renews to help ensure money is not being wasted.
A conclusion for your car insurance search
Some car insurance companies do not offer online quoting and many times these smaller companies sell through independent insurance agencies. The cheapest Chevy Bolt insurance in Scottsdale can be purchased from both online companies and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection.
We’ve covered some good ideas how to shop for Chevy Bolt insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Chevrolet Bolt insurance quotes. You may even find the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
While you’re price shopping online, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to regret that they should have had better coverage. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
More detailed car insurance information can be found by following these links:
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 16 Year Olds in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Scottsdale Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)