Remarkably, a study showed that nearly 70% of drivers kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and about 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. Arizona insurance shoppers could cut their rates by 50% a year, but most undervalue the large savings they would see if they changed companies.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get discount Fiat 500 insurance in Scottsdale is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Arizona.
- First, take a little time to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a negative credit history can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article provides more details to help prevent costly coverage and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save some money, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your current company to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application for your new policy. Once the application is submitted, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance with your registration paperwork.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to try to use the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Eight Tips to Get More Affordable Scottsdale Insurance Premiums
Many different elements are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but some are less obvious such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
- Drive less and get lower premiums – The higher the miles on your Fiat in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most insurance companies charge to insure your cars based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars used primarily for pleasure use receive lower rates than those that get driven frequently. Having an incorrect usage rating on your 500 can result in significantly higher rates. It’s a good idea to make sure your policy states the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Car plus home equals more savings – Some insurers afford discounts to clients who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s in your best interest to compare other Scottsdale 500 insurance rates to ensure the best deal. You may still be able to save even more than the discount by buying insurance from a different company.
- Vehicles with better crash test results mean better insurance rates – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection means your insurance company pays less which can result in lower premiums.
- Driving citations drive up rates – Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to those with violations. Even a single citation can increase the cost of insurance to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers with flagrant citations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to maintain a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
- Cheaper rates using alarms and GPS tracking – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
- Impacts performance impacts auto insurance costs – The performance of the car you are insuring makes a significant difference in your rates. The most favorable rates tend to be for economy passenger models, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Insurance rates and age – Teenage drivers in Arizona tend to be inattentive and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher insurance rates. Having to add a beginning driver onto a policy can break the bank. Older, more experienced drivers are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers.
- Your credit history is important – Credit history can be an important factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Therefore, if your credit history is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your Fiat 500 by improving your rating. Drivers with very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with poor credit scores.
Insurance losses for a Fiat 500 – Auto insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that have higher number or severity of losses will cost more for specific coverages. The data below shows the actual insurance loss data for Fiat 500 vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is set at 100. Percentage numbers below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentages above 100 show a trend for more claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Fiat 500 Insurance Loss Statistics Specific Fiat Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Fiat 500 72 76 66 96 89 84 Fiat 500 Convertible 76 79 60 85 Fiat 500 Electric 73 59 76 60 Fiat 500L 112 80 102 128 93 97BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Low cost Fiat 500 insurance prices in Scottsdale, Arizona
Most of the larger companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive provide coverage prices direct online. Getting Fiat 500 insurance prices online is easy for anyone as you just type in the coverage amounts you desire on the page. Behind the scenes, their quoting system sends out for reports for credit and driving violations and returns pricing information determined by many factors. Getting online quotes for Fiat 500 insurance in Scottsdale makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes in order to find the most affordable possible premiums on auto insurance.
To find out how much you can save on auto insurance, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you enter the limits and deductibles exactly as they are listed on your policy. This helps ensure you will get comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in Scottsdale, AZ. If your goal is to find the best cheap auto insurance in Scottsdale, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Insurance does more than just repair your car
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Fiat at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your Fiat and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Fiat gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your 500 outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is wasting up to $820 a year so shop around once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are competitive.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you may qualify for discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. A few discounts will automatically apply when you quote, but a few must be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Safety Course Discount – Participating in a class that teaches driver safety techniques is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance and insure them with the same company you may save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active deployment in the military may lower your prices slightly.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like GEICO and Allstate will allow you to have one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Responsible Drivers – Accident-free drivers could pay up to 40% less than less cautious drivers.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with substantially lower premium rates.
- Student Driver Training – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
A quick disclaimer, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic.
Larger insurance companies and their possible discounts are included below.
- State Farm discounts include multiple autos, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, and passive restraint.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
- Progressive has discounts for online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- MetLife has savings for good student, accident-free, claim-free, good driver, multi-policy, and defensive driver.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts including good student, multi-policy, driver training, 55 and retired, and youthful driver.
- GEICO offers discounts for good student, anti-theft, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, military active duty, multi-policy, and seat belt use.
- SAFECO may include discounts for homeowner, multi-car, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, and teen safe driver.
If you want affordable Fiat 500 insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering how many discounts you can get. A few discounts might not be offered everywhere. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that offer many of these discounts in Scottsdale, click here to view.
Get rate quotes but work with a neighborhood Scottsdale auto insurance agent
Certain consumers would prefer to have an agent’s advice and often times that is recommended Good insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheaper rates and still buy from a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Scottsdale that provide free Scottsdale auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you can always visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Deciding on an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the price. Any agent in Scottsdale should be willing to answer these questions.
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- What companies can they write with?
- How long has their agency been in business in Scottsdale?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Scottsdale?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
When finding a reputable agency, you should know the different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Agents are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types of agents can sell car insurance policies, but it is important to understand how they differ since it could factor into which agent you choose.
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Scottsdale that are able to give comparison quotes.
Independent agents are not required to write business for one company and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part. When searching for an agent, you need to compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Scottsdale willing to provide price quotes.
Upon receiving positive feedback to these questions and affordable Fiat 500 insurance rates in Scottsdale quotes, it’s possible that you found a car insurance agent that will provide car insurance coverage.
How to find a good Arizona car insurance company
Insuring your vehicle with a highly-rated company can be challenging considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in Scottsdale. The rank data listed below may help you choose which coverage providers you want to consider when shopping your coverage around.
Top 10 Scottsdale Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- State Farm – 90%
- Nationwide – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
Top 10 Scottsdale Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
More effort can pay off
We just showed you some good ideas how to find cheap Fiat 500 insurance in Scottsdale. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Scottsdale auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best car insurance rates are with an unexpected company. Some small companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price while still protecting your assets.
To learn more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Scottsdale Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)