Shockingly, a large majority of drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and nearly half have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Many consumers in Scottsdale can cut their rates by as much as 50% a year, but they just feel it’s too hard to go online and compare rates.
The recommended way to get the cheapest Land Rover LR3 insurance in Scottsdale is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies who sell insurance in Arizona.
- Read about how auto insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that cause high rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and an imperfect credit history can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current coverage and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to the newly selected company. As soon as you can, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork with your vehicle’s registration.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get rates from as many different companies as possible. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
When quoting auto insurance, remember that comparing all the rates in your area will enable you to find a lower rate. Some companies don’t provide price estimates online, so it’s important to compare price estimates from them, too.
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Scottsdale, AZ. To buy the best auto insurance in Scottsdale, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Affordable rates by receiving discounts
Auto insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you can get discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you purchase, but some need to be manually applied before being credited.
- Buy New and Save – Putting insurance coverage on a new LR3 can get you a discount due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking a course in defensive driving could cut 5% off your bill and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a break if you buy life insurance.
- Driving Data Discount – People who choose to allow data collection to scrutinize vehicle usage remotely such as State Farm’s In-Drive may get a rate reduction if they show good driving skills.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who live away from home at college and do not take a car to college can receive lower rates.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage if your claims history is clear prior to being involved in the accident.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and will qualify for a discount on a Scottsdale auto insurance quote.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Auto insurance companies that possibly offer some of the discounts shown above include:
If you want cheaper Scottsdale auto insurance quotes, ask each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in Scottsdale.
Independent or exclusive insurance agencies
Many drivers just want to have an agent’s advice and that is not a bad decision A good thing about comparing rates online is the fact that you can find the best rates but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting local agencies is especially important in Scottsdale.
After completing this quick form, the quote information is transmitted to participating agents in Scottsdale that can provide free Scottsdale auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you need to get a price quote from a particular provider, you just need to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Best auto insurance agent in Scottsdale
If you want to buy auto insurance from a local Scottsdale insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies in Scottsdale can be categorized as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents are not limited to a single company so they can write business through many different auto insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If your agent finds better pricing, an independent agent can move your coverage and you can keep the same agent.
When shopping rates, you definitely need to get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. They often place coverage with less well-known companies who may have lower rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Scottsdale that may be able to give free rate quotes.
- Palomino Insurance Agency
8889 E Bell Rd – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (480) 483-8000 – View Map
- Bennett and Porter Insurance | Wealth Management
3200 N Hayden Rd #310 – Scottsdale, AZ 85251 – (480) 212-1150 – View Map
- Citywide Insurance
13802 N Scottsdale Rd #106 – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (480) 607-7537 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type have only one company to place business with like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some consumers prefer to use the same exclusive agent partially due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Scottsdale willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Dennis Dowling – State Farm Insurance Agent
5310 E Shea Blvd #3 – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (602) 996-8811 – View Map
- Dan Vukovic – State Farm Insurance Agent
7077 E Bell Rd #207 – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (480) 949-5433 – View Map
- Athena Olson – State Farm Insurance Agent
8170 N 86th Pl #105 – Scottsdale, AZ 85258 – (480) 398-1266 – View Map
Selecting a insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Arizona?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
Once you have good answers to all your questions and a good coverage price, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that will insure your vehicles.
Everyone needs different auto insurance coverages
When quoting and choosing your policy for your vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are unique to you.
For example, these questions might help in determining if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Land Rover LR3?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Lower Your Scottsdale Insurance Rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that help determine your policy premiums. When consumers understand what influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you cheaper rates. Many factors are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, although others are not quite as obvious such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
The factors shown below are just a few of the factors that factor into your premiums.
- Premiums drop with age – Young drivers in Arizona are known to get distracted easily when driving with friends and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. If you’ve ever had to add a beginning driver to your auto insurance policy will cause a huge premium hike. More mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cause fewer claims and accidents, and are safer drivers.
- Insurance rates in urban areas – Being located in a small town may provide you with better prices when buying auto insurance. Less people means less chance of accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Urban drivers tend to have congested traffic and a longer drive to work. More time commuting means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Vehicles with better crash test results lower rates – Safe vehicles are cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you.
- Do you really need to file those auto insurance claims? – Car insurance companies in Arizona award the best rates to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Good credit saves on auto insurance – Having a bad credit rating is a large factor in determining premium rates. So if your credit history is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your Land Rover LR3 by repairing your credit. People that have high credit scores tend to file fewer claims than drivers who have worse credit.
- Maintain auto insurance coverage – Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse is a sure-fire way to increase your auto insurance rates. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance might get you a steep fine or even jail time. You may have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Arizona DMV.
- Only buy what you need – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that can waste your money if you aren’t careful. Coverage for things like vanishing deductibles, high-cost glass coverage, and motor club memberships are examples of these. They may seem good when discussing your needs, but if they’re wasting money remove them and pocket the money.
Auto insurance is not optional in Arizona
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Land Rover LR3 in Scottsdale, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
First, most states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Land Rover LR3 has a lienholder, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Land Rover for a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
Third, auto insurance preserves both your assets and your Land Rover LR3. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $865 each year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Keep this in mind when shopping around
When shopping online for insurance, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate.
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, high prices, delays in responding to claim requests and even policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching insurance companies can be easier than you think.
We just covered some good ideas how to save on Land Rover LR3 insurance in Scottsdale. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Land Rover LR3 rate quotes. You may even find the best prices are with the smaller companies.
Additional information is available below:
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Scottsdale, Arizona? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford F-150 in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)