The recommended way to get budget Lexus GS 450h insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies that insure vehicles in Scottsdale.
- Spend some time learning about individual coverages and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many things that result in higher rates such as your driving record and poor credit history can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Continue reading for ideas to get lower rates and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on GS 450h insurance in Scottsdale. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A good piece of advice is that you use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as you can. Doing this provides a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
Unbelievable but true according to a study nearly 70% of customers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for four years or more, and 38% of drivers have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. Most drivers in Scottsdale can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare rates online.
The companies in the list below can provide quotes in Arizona. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in AZ, we suggest you compare several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Earn discounts on Scottsdale auto insurance
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize every available discount very well, so the list below gives a summary of both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden auto insurance savings.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for cheaper prices.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of up to 25% or more.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Participating in a class that teaches driver safety techniques could earn you a small percentage discount and make you a better driver.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning a house in Scottsdale may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home is proof of financial responsibility.
You can save money using discounts, but most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
The chart below compares Lexus GS 450h auto insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. Data assumes a male driver, no claims or driving citations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-car, marriage, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- State Farm discounts include good student, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, multiple autos, and defensive driving training.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and good student.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, good student, multi-policy, online signing, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for claim-free, multi-policy, good student, accident-free, good driver, defensive driver
- Farm Bureau has discounts for multi-vehicle, driver training, multi-policy, good student, 55 and retired, and renewal discount.
- GEICO includes discounts for emergency military deployment, anti-theft, seat belt use, air bags, defensive driver, and five-year accident-free.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for bundle discounts, drive less, multi-car, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, and homeowner.
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts might not apply in Scottsdale.
Insurance rate breakdown
The coverage table shown below showcases a range of coverage costs for Lexus GS 450h models. Learning as much as possible about how insurance quotes are calculated can aid in making decisions when shopping around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|GS 450H Hybrid||$346||$700||$306||$18||$92||$1,462||$122|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in vehicle location which can alter price quotes considerably.
Irresponsible driving raises your rates
The example below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can affect Lexus GS 450h car insurance costs for different age categories. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Comparison of insurance rates by gender
The example below visualizes the comparison of Lexus GS 450h car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The costs are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Lexus GS 450h Insurance Rate Factors
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that are used to determine your premiums. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that can earn you big savings. Multiple criteria are used when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but some are less apparent such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
The list below includes some of the items insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
Know your credit score – Having a bad credit score factor in determining what you pay. If your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your Lexus GS 450h by improving your rating. Consumers who have very high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit.
Raise deductibles and save – Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are required to spend in the event of a claim. Physical damage protection, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims are rear-ending another vehicle, hail damage, and damage from wind. The more the insured is willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
Car features that cut rates – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart your car from being stolen.
Your age impacts your costs – Teen drivers in Arizona are known to be inattentive and easily distracted behind the wheel and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. Parents adding a teen driver onto your insurance will cause a huge premium hike. Older drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and are safer drivers.
The following data uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Keep the miles off and save – The more you drive each year the higher your rate. A lot of insurance companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use receive lower rates than those that get driven frequently. A policy that improperly rates your GS 450h may be costing you. Ask your agent if your insurance declarations sheet reflects annual mileage.
Incidental coverages could be costing you – There are many additional extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t diligent. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, better glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage could be just wasting money. They may seem good at first, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Bundle policies and save money – Many insurance companies give better rates for people that purchase more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s in your best interest to get quotes from other companies to ensure the best deal. You may still be able to find a better deal by buying insurance from a different company.
Your stress level may be raising your rates – Careers such as judges, social workers, and accountants tend to have higher average rates in part from intense work requirements and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, jobs like scientists, students and performers pay the least.
Insurance loss data for a Lexus GS 450h – Auto insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle when they calculate premium prices for each model. Vehicles that tend to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have a higher premium rate.
The table below shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Lexus GS 450h vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Values that are below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased probability of a larger loss.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Lexus GS 450h Hybrid 4dr||208||250|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance quotes from local Scottsdale insurance agencies
Some people just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Experienced insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help in the event of a claim. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheap insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
Upon completion of this short form, the coverage information is sent to agents in your area that can provide free Scottsdale auto insurance quotes to get your business. You don’t have to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific company, just jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Selecting a insurer should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. A good agent in Scottsdale will have answers to these questions.
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
If you are wanting to find a reliable insurance agency, there are two types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Agents in Scottsdale are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both types can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s important to point out the differences since it may influence buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers often use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the prominent brand name and strong financial ratings.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Scottsdale who can help you get rate quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Jim Kreisman
9590 E Ironwood Square Dr #230 – Scottsdale, AZ 85258 – (480) 491-8585 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: David Kulwin Agency
8238 E Thomas Rd – Scottsdale, AZ 85251 – (480) 505-1220 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – J M Chapman Agency Inc
7055 E Thomas Rd – Scottsdale, AZ 85251 – (480) 945-7122 – View Map
These type of agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they can quote policies through many different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will want to include a few independent agents to have the best price comparison. Most can insure with smaller companies which could offer lower prices.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Scottsdale willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Diemer Insurance Agency Inc
16050 N 76th St – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (480) 264-2854 – View Map
- Desert Mountain Insurance Services – Medical Malpractice
2918 N 67th Pl – Scottsdale, AZ 85251 – (480) 348-2200 – View Map
- Colonial General Insurance Co
8475 E Hartford Dr – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 991-7889 – View Map
Don’t assume everyone needs the same auto insurance coverage
When selecting a policy, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether you may require specific advice.
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Affordable insurance is out there
Cheaper Lexus GS 450h insurance in Scottsdale can be bought from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Scottsdale, so you need to shop Scottsdale auto insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
When you buy Scottsdale auto insurance online, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost while still protecting your assets.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to find cheaper Lexus GS 450h insurance in Scottsdale. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest rates come from a small mutual company.
More detailed insurance information is located in the articles below:
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Scottsdale Auto Insurance for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)