Truthfully, the best way to find affordable Mercury Montego insurance in Scottsdale is to compare prices regularly from different companies that insure vehicles in Arizona.
- Try to learn a little about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many things that result in higher prices like traffic citations and an unacceptable credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on Montego insurance. If you can save money and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Give notification to your agent or company of your decision to cancel your existing policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to the new company. Make sure you place the new proof of insurance certificate with your registration paperwork.
One tip to remember is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and the best price selection.
It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Drivers who rate shop once a year are very likely to buy a new policy because they have good chances of finding a lower-priced company. A recent study showed that consumers who shopped around annually saved an average of $850 each year compared to people who never shopped around.
If finding the most affordable Mercury Montego insurance in Scottsdale is your ultimate goal, then having some insight into how to get rate quotes and compare coverage rates can help simplify the process.
It’s important to know that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps increase your odds of locating the best rates.
The companies in the list below offer free rate quotes in Arizona. To buy the best car insurance in Scottsdale, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Why you need auto insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Mercury in Scottsdale, buying auto insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Montego has a loan, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Mercury at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves both your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having auto insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially if you ever need it. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying over $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Don’t overlook these Mercury Montego insurance discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some discounts will apply at the time of purchase, but a few must be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on Montego insurance in Scottsdale.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
- Distant Student Discount – Children who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Select larger companies give a discount for switching policies prior to the expiration date on your current Montego insurance policy. It could save around 10% when you buy Scottsdale car insurance online.
- Good Driver Discounts – Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think you could get a free insurance policy, that’s just not realistic.
If you would like to see a list of insurance companies with significant discounts in Arizona, follow this link.
Insurance agents near you
A small number of people would prefer to go talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision The best thing about comparing rates online is you can get cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Scottsdale.
After completing this quick form, your insurance data is submitted to companies in Scottsdale who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. You never need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, just find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
If you prefer to buy insurance from a local insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Scottsdale agents can be described as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Agents that elect to be independent can sell policies from many different companies so they can write business amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If you want to switch companies, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything. If you need cheaper insurance rates, you should always get quotes from several independent agencies to have the best price comparison. Many can place coverage with smaller regional carriers that many times have cheaper rates.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Scottsdale that may be able to give you price quote information.
- Bennett and Porter Insurance | Wealth Management
3200 N Hayden Rd #310 – Scottsdale, AZ 85251 – (480) 212-1150 – View Map
- Arizona Insurance Services
7950 E Acoma Dr # 205 – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (480) 778-9700 – View Map
- Citywide Insurance
13802 N Scottsdale Rd #106 – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (480) 607-7537 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only write with one company like State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. They receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents mostly because of high brand loyalty rather than low price.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Scottsdale willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance: Colby Neal Agency
9449 N 90th St #110 – Scottsdale, AZ 85258 – (480) 860-0860 – View Map
- Dwayne Aaron – State Farm Insurance Agent
14555 N Scottsdale Rd #120 – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (480) 948-2005 – View Map
- Jordan Bowden – State Farm Insurance Agent
10135 E Vía Linda D127 – Scottsdale, AZ 85258 – (480) 634-6315 – View Map
Selecting an insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just the price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Arizona?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Scottsdale?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- If they are an independent agency in Scottsdale, which companies do they recommend?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
When to get professional advice
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Every insured’s situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Affordable auto insurance premiums are possible
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
The cheapest Mercury Montego insurance in Scottsdale can be found from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Scottsdale, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not have price quotes online and many times these smaller providers only sell through local independent agents.
We just presented a lot of tips how to compare Mercury Montego insurance premium rates in Scottsdale. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with an unexpected company. Smaller companies can often provide lower prices in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Other learning opportunities
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Nurses in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)