If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find low-cost prices for car insurance rates in Scottsdale is to start doing an annual price comparison from companies who sell auto insurance in Arizona.
Step 1: Read and learn about how car insurance works and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many factors that cause rate increases such as high-risk driving behaviors and a bad credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if cheaper Juke coverage is available in Scottsdale. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application for your new policy. Immediately upon receiving it, place the new certificate of insurance in your vehicle.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is that you use similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get prices from as many carriers as you can. Doing this ensures a level playing field and the best price selection.
It’s shocking but nearly 70% of drivers have bought car insurance from the same company for four years or more, and 38% of drivers have never compared rate quotes at all. The average driver in Arizona could pocket nearly 50% a year, but they just feel it’s too hard to shop around.
Why You Might Pay Lower Rates in Scottsdale
Lots of factors are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but other criteria are more transparent like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
The items below are a few of the things used by companies to determine your prices.
Insurance is expensive for younger drivers – Older people are proven to be safer behind the wheel, file fewer claims, and usually have better credit. Teenage drivers have been known to get distracted easily when driving with friends so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
Big cities have higher rates – Living in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a positive aspect when buying auto insurance. Fewer drivers corresponds to lower accident rates. People in densely populated areas tend to have more road rage incidents and much longer commute distances. More time on the road means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
Miles impacts premiums – The higher the miles on your Nissan annually the more it will cost to insure it. The majority of insurers calculate rates based upon how much you drive. Cars that are left in the garage receive lower rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Verify your policy reflects the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Juke may be costing you.
Reserve policy claims for larger damages – Insurance companies in Arizona award discounts to drivers who are claim-free. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for more catastrophic claims.
Nissan Juke claim probability – Insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to help determine the price you pay. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have a higher premium rate. The table below outlines the collected loss data for Nissan Juke vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is equal to 100. Values that are 100 or less represent a good loss history, while values over 100 point to more losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Nissan Juke 2WD||101||104||77||111||134||113|
|Nissan Juke 4WD||107||112||75||120||115||105|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
The companies in the list below provide comparison quotes in Arizona. In order to find cheap car insurance in Scottsdale, we suggest you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Auto insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the potentially high cost of Nissan Juke insurance, paying for auto insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Nissan has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Nissan at a more expensive rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your Nissan. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is wasting up to $810 a year so you should quote rates every year to save money.
Discount Scottsdale car insurance rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you buy Scottsdale car insurance online.
- Early Switch Discount – A few insurance companies offer discounts for signing up before your current Juke insurance policy expires. You could save around 10% when you buy Scottsdale car insurance online.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% depending on your company.
- Driver Education Discount – Cut your cost by having your teen driver participate in a local driver’s education class in high school.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less when compared with bad drivers.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save up to 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Active Service Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member may lower your rates slightly.
- Memberships – Being a member of certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on car insurance.
- Good Student – Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a Scottsdale car insurance quote. This discount can apply up to age 25.
You should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To see providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Arizona, follow this link.
Insurance agent or online?
Many drivers still prefer to sit down with an agent and we recommend doing that Licensed agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance online is you can get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Scottsdale who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to search for any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. If you wish to compare prices from a specific insurance provider, you just need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Finding a good company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- How are they compensated?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
When narrowing the list to find a reputable agency, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Agents can either be exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either type can sell insurance policies, but it’s good to learn the difference between them because it can factor into the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type have only one company to place business with and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which can be an advantage.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Scottsdale that can give you rate quotes.
Shelley Anderson – State Farm Insurance Agent
8080 E Gelding Dr d106 – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (480) 941-2257 – View Map
Agents that elect to be independent can sell policies from many different companies so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, the agent simply finds a different carrier and the insured can keep the same agent.
When searching for an agent, you absolutely need to get quotes from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
The following is a list of independent agents in Scottsdale who can help you get rate quotes.
Cheap car insurance premiums are out there
Cheap Nissan Juke insurance in Scottsdale is attainable both online and from local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some car insurance companies do not provide price quotes online and usually these small, regional companies only sell through independent agencies.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to compare Nissan Juke insurance prices in Scottsdale. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, an insured dropped full coverage only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Safe Drivers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Scottsdale Auto Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Impreza? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Scottsdale Car Insurance for Young Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Honda Accord in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for First-time Drivers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)