We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Drivers who shop around at least once a year are likely to buy a different policy because of the high probability of finding a lower rate. A recent study showed that consumers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved on average $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the best rates on car insurance in Scottsdale is the reason you’re reading this, then having a grasp of how to find companies and compare coverages can help you succeed in saving money.
The easiest way to get affordable auto insurance rates in Scottsdale is to compare prices at least once a year from different companies that insure vehicles in Arizona.
- Spend some time learning about how auto insurance works and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide prices for many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Scottsdale. If you find a better price and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important bit of advice to remember is that you use the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and many rates to choose from.
Locating the best rates in Scottsdale is actually quite simple. If you have a current auto insurance policy, you will definitely be able to reduce premiums using the concepts covered in this article. But Arizona vehicle owners need to learn the methods companies use to charge you for coverage and use this information to your advantage.
Best companies for Subaru BRZ insurance
The providers in the list below offer price comparisons in Scottsdale, AZ. To find the best car insurance in Scottsdale, we suggest you get rates from several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Reduce your car insurance rates with these five discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but some need to be specially asked for before you get the savings. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Require your teen driver to enroll in driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Options like air bags or automatic seat belts may get savings as much as 30%.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from Scottsdale and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Professional Organizations – Joining qualifying clubs or civic groups is a simple method to lower premiums on your next renewal.
Discounts lower rates, but most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, that’s just not realistic.
Car insurance companies that may include these discounts possibly include:
If you need lower rates, check with all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts might not apply in Scottsdale. If you would like to view companies who offer discounts in Arizona, click this link.
Insurance agents near you
Certain consumers just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Scottsdale that provide free Scottsdale car insurance quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent since price quotes are sent to your email. You can find lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you need to compare prices for a specific company, just find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Any good agent in Scottsdale should know the answers to these questions.
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Does their agency support local causes in Scottsdale?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Arizona?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Scottsdale?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
Below are agents in Scottsdale that are able to give comparison quotes for Subaru BRZ insurance in Scottsdale.
Scott Holly – State Farm Insurance Agent
4014 N Goldwater Blvd Ste 202 – Scottsdale, AZ 85251 – (480) 949-7204 – View Map
If you receive positive responses to all your questions as well as cheaper BRZ insurance quotes, you have narrowed it down to an insurance company that is professional and can service your policy.
Arizona auto insurance companies ranked
Selecting the top company is hard considering how many choices you have in Arizona. The company information in the next section may help you pick which car insurance companies to look at shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Scottsdale Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- State Farm – 90%
- Nationwide – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
Top 10 Scottsdale Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
When to get professional advice
Always keep in mind that when comparing proper insurance coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different so this has to be addressed.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- What if I total my Subaru BRZ and owe more than it’s worth?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- What is GAP insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Car insurance coverages for a Subaru BRZ
Understanding the coverages of your auto insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are typical coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, driving through your garage door, crashing into a building and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also raise the deductible on your BRZ to bring the cost down.
Auto liability insurance
Liability coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 15/30/10 which means $15,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as court costs, bail bonds and funeral expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as large an amount as possible. Arizona requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/10 but drivers should carry more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below shows why buying the state minimum limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many Arizona drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 15/30/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
This will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as fire damage, hail damage, hitting a bird, damage from flooding and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum payout a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for short-term medical expenses like X-ray expenses, pain medications, prosthetic devices and ambulance fees. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers both the driver and occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In too many instances, someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Some insurance companies may not provide price quotes online and many times these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies. Discount Subaru BRZ insurance can be purchased on the web in addition to many Scottsdale insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Additional information is located on the following sites:
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Immigrants in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Scottsdale Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)