If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find low-cost car insurance rates in Scottsdale is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies who sell insurance in Arizona. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- Step 1: Try to learn a little about how companies set rates and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as traffic citations and an imperfect credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article provides information to help prevent high rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application for the new coverage. Immediately upon receiving it, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A key point to remember is to try to use identical limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get prices from as many different companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
It’s astonishing, but the vast majority of Arizona car insurance customers kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. Most drivers in America could save $860 each year, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to do a rate comparison.
Eight Tips to Get Cheaper Scottsdale Insurance Premiums
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that are used to determine car insurance rates. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to big savings.
The items below are some of the most common factors used by companies to determine premiums.
Does car insurance cost less for women? – Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Both genders are responsible for fender benders at a similar rate, but the males get into accidents with more damage. Not only that, but men also get higher numbers of serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Male teenagers are most likely to cause an accident so they pay the highest premiums.
Lower deductibles cost more – The deductibles you choose define how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. Some examples of covered claims are colliding with a stationary object, fire damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The more damage repair cost the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Do you really need roadside assistance? – There are a lot of optional add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your car insurance policy. Coverage for things like rental car reimbursement, high-cost glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships may be costing you every month. The coverages may be enticing when you first buy your policy, but if they’re wasting money consider taking them off your policy.
Employer can influence rates – Do you work in a high-stress field? Occupational choices like military generals, police officers, and accountants usually pay higher premium rates because of job stress and lots of time spent at work. Other occupations like actors, students and retirees pay the least.
Having a spouse reduces risk – Walking down the aisle can actually save you money on car insurance. Having a significant other translates into being more stable financially and it’s proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Location can influence price – Having an address in a rural area is a positive aspect when buying car insurance. Less people translates into fewer accident claims in addition to fewer liability claims. People in densely populated areas have congested traffic and higher rates of accident claims. Longer commute distances means more chance of being in an accident.
Qualify for multi-policy discounts – Most companies will award better rates to customers who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you already get this discount, drivers will still want to compare other Scottsdale Magnum insurance rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates. Consumers may save money by splitting coverages up.
Premiums drop with age – Teen drivers in Arizona have a tendency to get distracted easily in a vehicle so car insurance rates are higher. Older insureds are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cost insurance companies less in claims, and are safer drivers.
Cheaper Scottsdale insurance rates with discounts
Some insurers do not list every available discount very well, so below is a list some of the best known as well as some of the hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Scottsdale auto insurance online.
- Professional Memberships – Being in a qualifying organization can get you a small discount on insurance.
- Good Grades Discount – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get better rates if you take out life insurance.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you combine your auto and home policies with one company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Driver Education Discount – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them successfully take a driver’s education course in school.
- Safe Drivers – Accident-free drivers could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A few companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders everywhere. If you would like to see a list of companies with the best discounts in Scottsdale, click this link.
Arizona auto insurance companies
Picking a highly-rated insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies sell insurance in Scottsdale. The rank data shown next could help you decide which coverage providers you want to consider purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 Scottsdale Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Scottsdale Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- State Farm – 90%
- Nationwide – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
Get the best coverage at the best price
People who switch companies do it for many reasons like questionable increases in premium, extreme rates for teen drivers, not issuing a premium refund and even delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason, finding a new company can be easier than you think.
We covered many tips how you can lower your Dodge Magnum insurance prices in Scottsdale. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest prices are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
To read more, take a look at the resources below:
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Scottsdale Car Insurance Quotes for Felons? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Scottsdale Car Insurance Quotes for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)