Do you think you bought an expensive auto insurance policy? Believe me, you are not the only one feeling buyer’s remorse.
A recent auto insurance study revealed that nearly 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. Many consumers in Scottsdale could save an average of nearly 50% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they underestimate the large savings they would see if they switched to a cheaper policy. Due to the abundance of companies to choose from that have cheaper insurance for a Dodge Ram 2500 in Scottsdale, it’s nearly impossible to pick a more affordable insurer.
Compare Scottsdale Dodge Ram 2500 insurance quotes
The providers in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Scottsdale, AZ. To get cheap car insurance in AZ, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Get cheaper Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Scottsdale with discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will automatically apply when you quote, but occasionally some discounts must be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Paperwork-free – Certain insurance companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy on their website.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Larger insurance carriers have a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Bundle and Save – If you combine your auto and home policies with one company they may give you a discount of up to 20% off your total Ram 2500 insurance premium.
- Drive Safe and Save – Accident-free drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accidents.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Teen drivers should successfully take a driver’s education course if it’s offered in school.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on Scottsdale car insurance quote when compared to drivers with a long claim history.
Don’t be surprised that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, that’s just not realistic. But all discounts will reduce your auto insurance premiums.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Ram 2500 car insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The costs are based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, marriage, multi-policy, and safe-driver discounts applied.
To locate insurers with discount rates in Arizona, click here to view.
Dodge Ram 2500 insurance coverage information
The data table shown next covers detailed analysis of insurance premium costs for Dodge Ram 2500 models. Having insight into how insurance quotes are established can help you make informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$164||$308||$318||$18||$96||$904||$75|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$164||$354||$318||$18||$96||$950||$79|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$164||$354||$318||$18||$96||$950||$79|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$164||$354||$318||$18||$96||$950||$79|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$164||$354||$318||$18||$96||$950||$79|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$164||$354||$318||$18||$96||$950||$79|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$182||$308||$318||$18||$96||$922||$77|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$182||$354||$318||$18||$96||$968||$81|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$182||$354||$318||$18||$96||$968||$81|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$182||$308||$318||$18||$96||$922||$77|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$182||$308||$318||$18||$96||$922||$77|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$182||$402||$318||$18||$96||$1,016||$85|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$182||$402||$318||$18||$96||$1,016||$85|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$182||$308||$318||$18||$96||$922||$77|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$182||$308||$318||$18||$96||$922||$77|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$182||$308||$318||$18||$96||$922||$77|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$200||$354||$318||$18||$96||$986||$82|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$200||$354||$318||$18||$96||$986||$82|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$200||$354||$318||$18||$96||$986||$82|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$200||$354||$318||$18||$96||$986||$82|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in Scottsdale location which can impact auto insurance rates noticeably.
The chart below demonstrates how deductible levels and can increase or decrease Dodge Ram 2500 insurance premiums for different age categories. The premiums assume a married male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper Scottsdale auto insurance rates
The diagram below demonstrates how citations and accidents increase Dodge Ram 2500 insurance costs for each age group. The data assumes a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage?
The chart below shows the comparison of Dodge Ram 2500 car insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying the minimum liability limits required in Arizona. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no exact formula to delete full coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Dodge Ram 2500 claim settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after the deductible is paid. If it’s costing in excess of $700 a year for full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are a few situations where eliminating full coverage is not a good idea. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Dodge Ram 2500 Insurance Cost Factors
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at the factors that help determine your policy premiums. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that may result in lower rates.
Shown below are a few of the things used by companies to determine your prices.
- Liability coverage – The liability coverage on your policy will protect you if ever a court rules you are at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Maintain insurance coverage – Driving any period of time without insurance is a big no-no and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage lapse. Not only will you pay higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could result in a steep fine or even jail time.
Performance impacts prices – The performance of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. Economy passenger models generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
The data below uses these variables: single male driver age 40, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Dodge Ram 2500 insurance rates compared to other makes and models that have a range of performance risks.
- Rates can be impacted by your job – Occupations like military personnel, social workers, and financial analysts usually pay higher premium rates due to intense work-related stress and long work days. Conversely, careers like scientists, engineers and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
- Big cities mean more claims – Having an address in less populated areas of the country is a good thing when talking about insurance. Less people translates into fewer accident claims and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Drivers who live in large Arizona cities have to deal with more auto accidents and a longer drive to work. More time commuting statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Scottsdale insurance agent
Some people just prefer to go talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Most agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is you can get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your information is emailed to participating agents in Scottsdale that provide free Scottsdale car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You don’t have to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an insurer needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Before buying a policy in Scottsdale, get answers to these questions.
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Scottsdale?
- What companies can they write with?
- How many years have they been established?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Scottsdale?
When looking for a local Scottsdale insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agents from which to choose. Agencies in Scottsdale can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it’s worth learning the differences because it can factor into your agent selection.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only write with one company like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are highly trained on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Scottsdale who may provide you with comparison quotes.
American Family Insurance – Winston Vineyard Agency LLC
9280 E Raintree Dr Ste 103 – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (480) 951-8890 – View Map
Allstate Insurance: Schubert Insurance and Financial Svcs
20731 N Scottsdale Rd – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 515-6259 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not restricted to one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many companies and get you the best rates possible. If you are not satisfied with one company, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing rates, it’s recommended you get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Scottsdale who can help you get rate quotes.
Arizona car insurance company ratings
Choosing a good quality insurance company is difficult considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Arizona. The company information shown below can help you decide which car insurance companies you want to consider comparing rates with.
Top 10 Scottsdale Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- State Farm – 90%
- Nationwide – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
- Liberty Mutual – 88%
Cheaper auto insurance rates are out there
Cheaper auto insurance in Scottsdale is definitely available from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Scottsdale, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not provide internet price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies work with independent insurance agencies.
When getting Scottsdale car insurance quotes online, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
How to buy low-cost Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Scottsdale
If you want to save money, the best way to quote cheaper Dodge Ram 2500 insurance is to compare quotes once a year from insurers in Scottsdale.
- Step 1: Read and learn about how auto insurance works and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as traffic citations, accidents, and a negative credit rating can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
An important part of this process is to try to compare the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many carriers as you can. This provides an accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Ride Shares in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)