The best way to get cheaper Dodge Stratus insurance in Scottsdale is to compare prices regularly from providers in Arizona.
Step 1: Try to learn a little about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and an imperfect credit score can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save some money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One piece of advice is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to look at as many auto insurance providers as possible. This enables a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
It’s amazing but the vast majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared insurance rates at all. Consumers in Arizona could save up to $730 every year just by getting comparison quotes, but most undervalue the big savings they would realize if they switched.
Lower your auto insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance is expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you get a quote, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active deployment in the military could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Waiver for an Accident – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual will forgive one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds who allow driving data collection to monitor driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise could see a rate decrease if they are good drivers.
- Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks with the same auto insurance company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though you would think all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount should help lower your policy premium.
To locate insurers that offer discounts in Scottsdale, click here.
Just remember that comparing more rates from different companies helps increase your odds of locating lower pricing. Not every company provides online Scottsdale Stratus insurance quotes, so it’s important to also get rates from them as well.
The car insurance companies shown below provide price comparisons in Arizona. In order to find the cheapest car insurance in Arizona, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Learn How to Get Car Insurance More Affordably
Lots of things are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but some are more transparent like where you live or how safe your car is. An important part of buying insurance is that you know a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. If you know what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
- Avoid tickets and save – Getting just one speeding ticket can increase rates substantially. Drivers who don’t get tickets pay lower auto insurance prices than bad drivers. Drivers who have received flagrant violations such as reckless driving or DUI may face state-mandated requirements to complete a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Why do you need liability? – Your policy’s liability coverage will protect you if you are found liable for an accident. It provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Safer vehicles means lower prices – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety reduce the chance of injuries and reduced instances of injuries means lower claim amounts and cheaper rates on your policy.
- Save money by raising physical damage deductibles – Physical damage coverage, also called ‘full coverage’, covers damage that occurs to your Dodge. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be a broken side mirror, vandalism, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Your deductibles define how much you are required to spend in the event of a claim. The more you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
How to know if you need help
When choosing a policy, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions can help discover if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Dodge Stratus?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- How much liability coverage do I need in Arizona?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Do I need an insurance agency?
Some consumers just prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! One of the great benefits of comparing car insurance online is that you can obtain better rates and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Scottsdale that can give you free Scottsdale car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact an agency due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. You can most likely find cheaper rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, just visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Scottsdale?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
Two types of Scottsdale auto insurance agents
If you are searching for a reputable agency, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Agents are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive agencies can only write with one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Scottsdale willing to provide price quote information.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These agents do not have single company limitations so they can write business through lots of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured. If you need lower rates, you will definitely want to include at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Scottsdale willing to provide rate quotes.
Buying the right vehicle insurance in Arizona is an important decision
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Dodge in Scottsdale, maintaining insurance is mandatory in Arizona but it also protects more than you think.
First, the majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Dodge Stratus has a lienholder, almost all lenders will stipulate that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Dodge for a lot more money and require you to fork over the higher price.
Third, insurance safeguards your Dodge and your assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying more than $869 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Which auto insurance company is best in Scottsdale?
Finding the highest-rated auto insurance provider is difficult considering how many choices you have in Scottsdale. The rank data below may help you select which auto insurance companies you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Compare but don’t skimp
Some insurance companies may not have rates over the internet and these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies. Low-cost Dodge Stratus insurance in Scottsdale is possible online and from local agencies, so you need to compare both to get a complete price analysis.
We just showed you some good ideas how to lower your Dodge Stratus insurance rates in Scottsdale. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. You may even find the lowest rates are with the smaller companies. These companies often have lower auto insurance rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Much more information about car insurance in Arizona can be found below: