A recent study showed that the majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and nearly the majority have never compared quotes from other companies. The average driver in America could save up to $860 a year just by shopping around, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to compare rates and save money.
To save the most money, the best way to get budget car insurance rates in Scottsdale is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers in Arizona. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price like speeding and an unacceptable credit history can be rectified by paying attention to minor details. Later in this article we will cover ideas to find cheap rates and find possible discounts that are available.
- Step 2: Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a completed application and payment to your new company or agent. When you receive it, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One thing to point out is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same level of coverage on each price quote and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. This enables a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
If you have auto insurance now, you will definitely be able to find the best rates using the tips covered below. Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Scottsdale can initially seem challenging. Although Arizona car owners must comprehend the way insurance companies sell online and use it to find better rates.
Insurance Premium Influencing Factors
Lots of things are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but other factors are not as apparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility. Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that may result in cheaper rates.
The itemized list below are most of the major factors used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
Adjust deductibles and save – The deductibles are how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are a windshield broken by a bird, collision with a deer, and having a roll-over accident. The more of the claim you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
Married drivers get cheaper costs – Being married helps lower the price on your policy. Marriage usually means you are more mature it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
Buy as much liability insurance as you can afford – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you when you are ruled to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
GPS tracking and theft deterrents systems cut premiums – Selecting a car model with an alarm system can earn a premium discount. Systems that thwart thieves such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help stop car theft.
Your address can affect price – Being located in small towns and rural areas may provide you with better prices when talking about auto insurance. Fewer drivers means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. People who live in big cities tend to have more auto accidents and more time behind the wheel. Longer commute distances means more chance of being in an accident.
Safer occupants lowers rates – Vehicles with high crash test scores cost less to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce injuries and fewer injuries means your insurance company pays less and cheaper rates on your policy.
Chrysler 200 claim probability – Auto insurance companies use historical loss data as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have a higher cost to insure. The table below demonstrates the historical loss data for Chrysler 200 vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Values below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more losses or statistically larger claims.
|Specific Chrysler Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chrysler 200 2WD||117||113||116||174||189||152|
|Chrysler 200 4WD||117||112||108||127|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lower your auto insurance rates with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list every discount very well, so we researched some of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that may be available.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less when compared to bad drivers.
- Safety Course Discount – Passing a course that instructs on driving safety can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers who elect to allow driving data submission to spy on where and when they drive remotely such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might see lower rates if their driving habits are good.
- Anti-theft System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles could earn discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Active Service Discounts – Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Early Signing – A few insurance companies allow discounts for buying a new policy before your current coverage expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Scottsdale car insurance online.
You can save money using discounts, but some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for pay in full, multi-car, distant student, teen driver, early shopping, bundle discounts, and switch companies.
- Esurance has discounts for anti-theft, good driver, multi-car, safety device, and defensive driver.
- State Farm includes discounts for good driver, multiple autos, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and good student.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, emergency military deployment, and five-year accident-free.
- Allstate has savings for multi-policy, FullPay discount, defensive driver, good payer, and 55 and retired.
If you want inexpensive Scottsdale car insurance quotes, ask all the companies the best way to save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be available in Scottsdale.
One last thing to lower rates
When getting Scottsdale car insurance quotes online, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where someone dropped physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Insureds switch companies for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, policy non-renewal, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or even high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Lower-priced Chrysler 200 insurance in Scottsdale is available on the web and from local insurance agents, so get free Scottsdale car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and these regional carriers sell through local independent agencies.
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for 16 Year Olds in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Scottsdale Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25 in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)