Unthinkable but true, over 70% of drivers kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. Consumers in Scottsdale could save approximately $700 each year by just comparing quotes, but they assume it’s a waste of time to compare rate quotes online.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find affordable car insurance rates in Scottsdale is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies who sell insurance in Arizona. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Try to learn about how insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that increase rates like getting speeding tickets and a not-so-good credit history can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple insurance companies. Click to view companies
- Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Scottsdale. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Tell your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to your new carrier. Be sure to store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle.
An essential thing to point out is to make sure you enter identical coverages on every quote request and and to get price estimates from every insurance company. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Scottsdale insurance discounts for a Dodge Neon
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you might already qualify for some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain reductions will be credited when you get a quote, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Membership in Organizations – Belonging to qualifying clubs or civic groups may earn a discount when shopping for car insurance.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking a safe driver course may get you a small discount if your company offers it.
- Multiple Cars – Having all your vehicles with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Good Student – This discount may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Distant Student Discount – Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Scottsdale and do not have a car could get you a discount.
It’s important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A list of companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- American Family offers premium reductions for good student, Steer into Savings, good driver, accident-free, and air bags.
- State Farm may include discounts for student away at school, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, good student, passive restraint, and driver’s education.
- 21st Century discounts include driver training, anti-lock brakes, automatic seat belts, student driver, and air bags.
- Travelers offers discounts for continuous insurance, student away at school, driver training, good student, and multi-policy.
- GEICO has discounts for defensive driver, military active duty, air bags, multi-policy, and anti-lock brakes.
When quoting, ask every prospective company to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in every state. To see car insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Scottsdale, follow this link.
When comparing insurance rates, know that comparing all the rates in your area will increase your chances of finding better pricing.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Arizona. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to buying your policy, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Your financial needs are unique so your insurance should reflect that
For example, these questions might point out whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
Insurance agencies can help
Certain consumers just prefer to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is you may find lower rates and still have a local agent.
Once you complete this simple form, the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your car insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent as quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND a local agent. If you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, just jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Scottsdale?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
Once you have reasonable responses as well as offering an affordable quote, you’ve probably found a company that meets your needs to properly insure your vehicles. Just keep in mind you are able to cancel your policy when you choose so never assume that you are obligated to any specific agency for any length of time.
The cheapest Dodge Neon insurance in Scottsdale is possible from both online companies and with local Scottsdale insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies do not offer internet price quotes and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
We just covered a lot of ways to save on Dodge Neon insurance in Scottsdale. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Scottsdale auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Under 25 in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Teachers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)