Are you tired of trying to find more competitive car insurance rates in Scottsdale, AZ? Scottsdale shoppers have a choice when shopping for the best price on Hyundai Ioniq insurance. You can either waste hours struggling with agents getting price quotes or use the internet to make rate comparisons. There are both good and bad ways to find car insurance online and we’ll show you the best way to quote coverages for a new or used Hyundai and find the cheapest rates either online or from Scottsdale insurance agents.
You should take the time to shop coverage around once or twice a year because insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you think you had the lowest rate on Hyundai Ioniq insurance in Scottsdale a couple years back there may be better deals available now. There are lots of tips to save on Ioniq insurance out there, but we’re going to give you some of the best techniques to quit paying high car insurance rates in Scottsdale.
Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Scottsdale is really not that difficult. If you’re already insured, you will be able to reduce the price you pay using the concepts covered in this article. Drivers just need to use the most efficient way to shop from multiple carriers.
The Hyundai Ioniq Insurance Cost Equation
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the things that help calculate the rates you pay for car insurance. If you understand what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could result in big savings.
- Save money with higher deductibles – Physical damage deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage insurance, also called ‘full coverage’, protects your car from damage. Examples of covered claims could be colliding with a stationary object, fire damage, or theft of your vehicle. The more expense you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive.
- Performance affects rates – The type of car, truck or SUV you are insuring makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. The best insurance prices are usually found on lower performance four cylinder passenger models, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Teenage drivers pay high costs – Inexperience drivers are statistically proven to get distracted easily in a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Adding a teenage driver to your car insurance policy can increase premiums substantially. More experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable.
- Is your vehicle theft-ready? – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Advanced theft deterrents like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help stop auto theft and help lower rates.
Cutting your Scottsdale car insurance rates is a fairly straight forward process. The only thing you need to do is invest a few minutes comparing rates to see which company has the cheapest Hyundai Ioniq rate quotes.
The car insurance companies shown below provide price quotes in Scottsdale, AZ. In order to find the best auto insurance in AZ, it’s highly recommended you get rates from several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Best reasons to buy auto insurance in Arizona
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Hyundai in Scottsdale, auto insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Ioniq, almost every bank will require that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may insure your Hyundai at an extremely high rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your vehicle. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having auto insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to save money.
Cheaper Hyundai Ioniq insurance in Scottsdale
Car insurance companies don’t list all discounts very well, so we researched some of the best known as well as the least known credits available to you.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not necessarily a discount, but some companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you are able to get better insurance rates.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds that choose to allow their company to spy on their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low annual miles can qualify you for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
Discounts lower rates, but some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky.
If you would like to view companies that offer discounts in Arizona, click here to view.
Are insurance agents a thing of the past?
Certain consumers would prefer to go talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Experienced insurance agents can help you build your policy and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Scottsdale who will return price quotes to get your business. You never need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent instantly to you. If you want to compare prices from a specific company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Deciding on a company should include more criteria than just the quoted price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Arizona?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Can you contact them at any time?
If you are wanting to find a local agent, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Agencies in Scottsdale can be classified as either exclusive or independent. Either one can write policy coverage, but it is important to understand the differences since it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can usually just insure with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents. Many people buy from exclusive agents mainly due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Scottsdale who can help you get rate quotes.
- Robert Smith – State Farm Insurance Agent
7505 E 6th Ave Ste 204 – Scottsdale, AZ 85251 – (480) 588-6456 – View Map
- American Family Insurance – J M Chapman Agency Inc
7055 E Thomas Rd – Scottsdale, AZ 85251 – (480) 945-7122 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Colby Neal Agency
9449 N 90th St #110 – Scottsdale, AZ 85258 – (480) 860-0860 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not employed by any specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find you the best rates. If you want to switch companies, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing insurance rates, you need to contact several independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. A lot of them also have access to companies you’ve never heard of that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Scottsdale willing to provide price quote information.
- Diemer Insurance Agency Inc
16050 N 76th St – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (480) 264-2854 – View Map
- Greene Insurance Group
17470 N Pacesetter Way – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 657-2800 – View Map
- Scottsdale Insurance Home
20875 N Pima Rd – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 712-0400 – View Map
Upon getting answers to your satisfaction to your questions as well as offering an affordable quote, you’ve probably found an auto insurance agent that is a good match to provide insurance coverage.
Scottsdale car insurance company ratings
Selecting a high-quality company is hard considering how many choices there are in Arizona. The rank data in the next section may help you select which companies to look at shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Scottsdale Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
- Mercury Insurance
The best rates come from being thorough
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Consumers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, poor customer service, lack of trust in their agent and even denial of a claim. Whatever your reason, finding a great new company is easier than you think.
We’ve covered many ideas to shop for Hyundai Ioniq insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Steps to finding cheaper rates for Hyundai Ioniq insurance in Scottsdale
The best way we recommend to get affordable Hyundai Ioniq insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Scottsdale. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
Step 1: Read and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many factors that cause high rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and bad credit can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
A crucial key to this process is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Veterans in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Scottsdale Car Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)