Unbelievable but true according to a study the vast majority of insurance customers in Arizona kept their policy with the same company for at least four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. Consumers in the United States could save $859 a year just by shopping around, but most just don’t grasp the benefits if they changed companies.
The easiest way to find discount Toyota Prius Prime insurance is to regularly compare prices from different companies who can sell car insurance in Scottsdale. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- Try to learn about how your policy works and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as inattentive driving and an unacceptable credit rating can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your current company to cancel the current policy and submit the completed application along with a down payment to your new carrier. Be sure to place your new proof of insurance paperwork above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get quotes from as many companies as you can. This guarantees a fair price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Buying affordable car insurance in Scottsdale is quite easy if you know the best way to do it. If you are already insured or just want cheaper coverage, you can use these tips to get lower rates and still have adequate protection. Consumers just need to learn how to compare company rates online from multiple companies.
Cheap Scottsdale Toyota Prius Prime insurance
Reducing your insurance rates isn’t really that difficult. Drivers just need to take the time comparing price quotes from online providers.
It’s so fast and easy to compare quotes online that it replaces the need to call or drive to each insurance agency near you. The fact that you can get quotes online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a need for the peace of mind that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. Drivers can comparison shop online and get advice from an agent in your area.
The providers in the list below offer price comparisons in Scottsdale, AZ. If you wish to find the best auto insurance in AZ, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
Auto insurance companies don’t list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both the well known as well as the least known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Purchasing coverage when you have several vehicles with the same insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
- Own a Home – Just owning your own home may trigger a policy discount on insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Buy New and Save – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can get you a discount since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Successfully completing a class that teaches defensive driving techniques may get you a small discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger insurance companies have lower premium rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll and complete driver’s education in high school.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen with less frequency and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts as much as 30%.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off with some insurance companies.
We need to note that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works.
A list of companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, online quote discount, and online signing.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for anti-theft, air bags, emergency military deployment, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, and seat belt use.
- State Farm may have discounts that include good driver, student away at school, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, and multiple policy.
- Esurance offers discounts for homeowner, good student, DriveSense, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, paid-in-full, and online quote.
- The Hartford discounts include driver training, defensive driver, bundle, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, air bag, and good student.
When quoting, ask every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not apply in your area.
When to have guidance from an agent
Certain consumers would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Agents can help you build your policy and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
By using this simple form, your insurance data is immediately sent to participating agents in Scottsdale who want to provide quotes for your coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any agents since price quotes are sent instantly to you. If you want to compare rates from a specific insurance provider, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding a good company should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
If you need to find a good insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies that you can select. Insurance agencies in Scottsdale may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can write insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand why they differ since it can impact the selection process.
Agents in the exclusive channel can only place business with one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below are Scottsdale exclusive insurance agents that can give you comparison quotes.
Allstate Insurance: Schubert Insurance and Financial Svcs
20731 N Scottsdale Rd – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 515-6259 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not restricted to one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies amongst many companies and find you cheaper rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you need cheaper insurance rates, you will want to include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the best comparison.
Below is a list of independent insurance agents in Scottsdale who can help you get price quotes.
How Insurers Determine Toyota Prius Prime Insurance Costs
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for insurance. When you understand what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that may result in lower insurance prices.
Listed below are a few of the things that factor into your rates.
Improve your credit history and save – Credit score is a big factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit can be improved, you may save money insuring your Toyota Prius Prime by improving your rating. Insureds that have high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower ratings.
Continuous insurance coverage lowers insurance rates – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a quick way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance could earn you fines or a revoked license.
Premiums may be higher where you live – Choosing to live in less populated areas has it’s advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident. People who live in big cities have to deal with much more traffic and longer commutes to work. More time on the road means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
Youthful drivers cost more – Teen drivers in Arizona have been known to be inattentive and easily distracted in a vehicle and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. Older people are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.
Rates for males may be higher – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. This data doesn’t prove that women are BETTER drivers than men. They both are responsible for fender benders at about the same rate, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get ticketed for serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Teenage male drivers generally have the highest accident percentage and are penalized with high insurance rates.
Deter vehicle theft – Driving a car with advanced anti-theft systems can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping auto theft and help lower rates.
Safer occupants lowers premiums – Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. Highly rated vehicles reduce injuries and reduced instances of injuries translates directly to fewer claims and more competitive rates for policyholders.
Liability coverage – Liability insurance provides coverage if ever you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
Three reasons to not skimp on insurance
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle serves an important purpose.
First, most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your Toyota Prius Prime, most lenders will require that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Toyota at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects not only your Toyota but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Toyota as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in Arizona is wasting up to $825 a year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Low-cost Toyota Prius Prime insurance in Scottsdale can be purchased from both online companies in addition to many Scottsdale insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who don’t offer rate quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agencies.
When shopping online for auto insurance, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to lower your Toyota Prius Prime insurance car insurance rates in Scottsdale. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest car insurance rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Additional auto insurance information is available on the following sites:
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for Active Military in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 21 in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Scottsdale Car Insurance Quotes for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)