The best way to find more affordable auto insurance rates in Scottsdale is to compare prices regularly from insurers in Arizona. This can be done by following these steps.
- First, get a basic knowledge of car insurance and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like speeding and your credit history can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save money and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, give notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to your new company or agent. Immediately place the new certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location.
An important part of this process is that you use identical limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Statistics show that a large majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and 38% of customers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Scottsdale insurance shoppers could pocket nearly $700 a year just by shopping around, but most tend to underestimate how much savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Comparing rates for the best-priced protection in Scottsdale is not as hard as you think. Essentially each driver who compares rates for car insurance stands a good chance to find a lower-cost policy. But Arizona vehicle owners benefit from understanding the way companies charge you for coverage because rates fluctuate considerably.
When comparing insurance rates, know that comparing a large number of companies provides better odds of finding the best offered rates. Some companies don’t provide online price quotes, so it’s recommended that you also compare quotes from them as well.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Arizona. To get the best cheap auto insurance in Arizona, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Scottsdale, insuring your vehicle is required in Arizona but also provides important benefits.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ford has a loan, most lenders will require that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Ford at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Ford. It will also pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Scottsdale overpays as much as $700 annually so smart consumers compare quotes once a year at a minimum to save money.
Cheaper rates by receiving discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you might be missing out on some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Certain credits will be shown at the time you complete a quote, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Student in College – Children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Scottsdale and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some insurance companies will forgive one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you are claim-free before the accident.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents get the best car insurance rates as opposed to frequent claim filers.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Sign Early and Save – Some car insurance companies provide a discount for switching policies before your current expiration date. This discount can save up to 10%.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The best car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, homeowner, online signing, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- AAA may offer discounts for multi-car, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, education and occupation, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for multi-car, business and professional, distant student, pay in full, switch companies, good student, and mature driver.
- GEICO offers discounts including good student, multi-vehicle, air bags, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, five-year accident-free, and federal employee.
- Esurance has discounts for claim free, good driver, defensive driver, online quote, anti-lock brakes, online shopper, and safety device.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include multi-car, bundle discounts, homeowner, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, and accident prevention training.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including driver’s education, multiple autos, accident-free, defensive driving training, and multiple policy.
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in Scottsdale. If you would like to see a list of car insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in Scottsdale, click here to view.
Do I need an agent?
Some people still prefer to have an agent’s advice and there is nothing wrong with that. The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is you can get the best rates but also keep your business local. And supporting local agents is still important in Scottsdale.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your car insurance coverage. You never need to visit any agencies due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you can always jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
When narrowing the list to find a local insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they operate. Car insurance policy providers can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Agents in the independent channel do not write with just one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different car insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. If prices rise, the business is moved internally which makes it simple for you. If you are comparing rate quotes, you absolutely need to compare prices from independent agents to maximize your price options. A lot of them also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Scottsdale that may be able to give cheap rate quotes.
- Desert Mountain Insurance Services – Medical Malpractice
2918 N 67th Pl – Scottsdale, AZ 85251 – (480) 348-2200 – View Map
- Diemer Insurance Agency Inc
16050 N 76th St – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (480) 264-2854 – View Map
- Arizona Western Insurance Services
13951 N Scottsdale Rd # 234 – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (480) 483-3311 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can usually just insure with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Scottsdale who can help you get rate quotes.
- American Family Insurance – Denis Zdrale
7001 N Scottsdale Rd #1045 – Paradise Valley, AZ 85253 – (480) 951-0115 – View Map
- Brad Dunlap – State Farm® Insurance Agent
8436 E Shea Blvd c103 – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (480) 661-0801 – View Map
- Mike Bucca – State Farm Insurance Agent
7336 E Deer Valley Rd #105 – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 585-3665 – View Map
Picking the best auto insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Scottsdale?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
Upon getting positive feedback for all questions you ask and an acceptable price quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agency that can provide car insurance coverage. Keep in mind you are able to terminate coverage at any time so don’t feel that you are obligated to any specific company for a certain time period.
Affordable auto insurance premiums are out there
More affordable auto insurance in Scottsdale can be found on the web and with local Scottsdale insurance agents, so you need to quote Scottsdale auto insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not provide price quotes online and these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agencies.
We just showed you a lot of techniques to reduce Ford Shelby GT350 insurance prices online in Scottsdale. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Scottsdale auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies.
When getting Scottsdale auto insurance quotes online, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to buy enough coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Much more information about auto insurance in Arizona is located at the links below
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Forester in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Scottsdale Car Insurance Quotes for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)