If you want to save the most money, the best way to get cheaper GMC Sonoma insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from providers that sell auto insurance in Scottsdale.
- Try to understand the different coverages in a policy and the measures you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that drive up the price like getting speeding tickets and a substandard credit history can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for the new policy. Be sure to store the proof of insurance certificate in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to remember is to make sure you’re comparing similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to analyze as many different companies as possible. This ensures a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
Smart shoppers know that insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. People who compare price quotes will, in all likelihood, switch to a new company because there is a good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A study discovered that consumers who regularly shopped around saved about $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the most affordable insurance is your intention, then having a grasp of how to choose a company and compare insurance coverage can make the process more efficient.
If you already have coverage or need a new policy, you will benefit by learning to buy cheaper auto insurance while maintaining coverages. Locating the best insurance company for you in Scottsdale is really not that difficult. Drivers just need to learn the proper methods to get comparison quotes online from multiple companies.
Best companies for GMC Sonoma insurance
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Arizona. If you want to find cheap car insurance in Scottsdale, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
Six discounts for cheap insurance rates
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you may qualify for discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain credits will be shown at quote time, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for before being credited.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Good Grades Discount – A discount for being a good student may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of 20% or more.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more on Sonoma insurance in Scottsdale.
- College Student – Children who are attending college and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
- Government Employees – Federal government employees may qualify for a discount when you quote Scottsdale car insurance with select insurance companies.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way.
Auto insurance companies that may offer quotes with these discounts include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above might not be offered in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Scottsdale, click here to view.
Compare prices but work with a neighborhood Scottsdale auto insurance agent
Many people would prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a smart move Professional agents can answer important questions and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheaper prices and also buy local.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your information is transmitted to insurance agents in Scottsdale who can give free rate quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Picking an provider shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. These are valid questions to ask:
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Arizona?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Which family members are covered?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
If you want to buy insurance from a local agent, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Scottsdale agents are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both can sell insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning the subtle differences because it can influence the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel generally can only insure with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Scottsdale willing to provide price quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type often have affiliation with several companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies and find you cheaper rates. If prices rise, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to do anything. If you are comparing insurance prices, it’s recommended you contact a few independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
Below are independent agencies in Scottsdale that are able to give price quote information.
Best car insurance in Scottsdale
Insuring your vehicle with the right insurance provider can be challenging considering how many choices drivers have in Arizona. The company ratings shown next may help you choose which insurers to look at shopping your coverage with.
Top 10 Scottsdale Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Top 10 Scottsdale Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
Different people need different car insurance coverages
When selecting your policy for your vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance needs to address that.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Learn about car insurance coverages for a GMC Sonoma
Understanding the coverages of a car insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find the normal coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Collision insurance covers damage to your Sonoma from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims like damaging your car on a curb, hitting a mailbox, scraping a guard rail and hitting a parking meter. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also increase the deductible on your Sonoma to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like vandalism, damage from flooding, rock chips in glass and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your GMC Sonoma.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (Arizona limits are 15/30/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Insurance for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for expenses for rehabilitation expenses, prosthetic devices, doctor visits and nursing services. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Coverage for liability
This coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 15/30/10 which means $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $30,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things like bail bonds, structural damage, funeral expenses, legal defense fees and court costs. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. Arizona requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/10 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The illustration below shows why buying the state minimum limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Cheap coverage is out there
The cheapest GMC Sonoma insurance in Scottsdale can be found online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some car insurance companies do not provide rates over the internet and these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
While you’re price shopping online, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Teenage Females in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Scottsdale Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Scottsdale Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Scottsdale Auto Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets? (FAQ)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)