How many times have you said it’s time to compare cheaper Honda Clarity insurance in Scottsdale? Did you come to the realization that you have high-priced Honda Clarity insurance in Scottsdale? Don’t feel bad because there are lots of Scottsdale residents who feel the same.
Regrettably, nearly 70% of drivers kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and nearly the majority have never compared rates with other companies. Arizona drivers can cut their rates by about $733 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t know the actual amount they would save if they switch to a new company. Having so many options when it comes to auto insurance, it can be difficult for people to pick a more affordable company.
Getting cheap Honda Clarity car insurance pricing is pretty simple and can save money. The only requirement is to invest a few minutes to compare rate quotes provided by online insurance companies.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it makes it a waste of time to go to each insurance agency near you. Comparing Honda Clarity insurance rates online has reduced the need for local agents unless you want the personal advice of a local agency. It is possible to find lower rates online but buy the policy through an agent.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in Scottsdale, AZ. To locate the best auto insurance in Arizona, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Affordable Honda Clarity insurance in Scottsdale
Some providers do not advertise every discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains some of the more common as well as some of the hidden ways to save on car insurance.
- Drivers Ed for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Claim Free – Scottsdale drivers who stay claim-free can save substantially as compared to bad drivers.
- Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple vehicles on the same car insurance policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member may lower your rates slightly.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking a class that teaches defensive driving techniques could earn you a small percentage discount and make you a better driver.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts should help reduce your overall bill.
To find insurers with significant discounts in Arizona, follow this link.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that play a part in calculating your premiums. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get big savings.
The items below are most of the major factors insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- High coverage deductibles save money – Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some examples of covered claims are a broken side mirror, collision with an animal, and windstorm damage. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles tell how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The higher the amount you’re willing to pay, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Cars with good safety ratings are cheaper to insure – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to be cheaper to insure. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and reduced instances of injuries means less money paid by your insurance company which can mean better rates for you.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – There are quite a few extra bells and whistles that can waste your money but may not be useful. Coverages like personal injury protection, accidental death, and extra life insurance coverage could be just wasting money. They may seem like a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but now you might not need them so remove them and pocket the money.
- Rates can drop if you have more than one policy – Most major insurers apply a discount to insureds that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you may still want to shop around to help guarantee you have the best rates. Consumers may find lower rates by buying from different companies
- Your spouse saves you money – Your spouse may cut your premiums on insurance. Having a significant other may mean you are more mature and responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married couples file fewer claims.
Auto insurance agents can help
Certain consumers would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Good agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get lower premium rates and also buy local. Supporting local insurance agencies is especially important in Scottsdale.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the quote information is transmitted to participating agents in Scottsdale who want to provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to do any legwork because prices are sent immediately to your email address. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive car insurance agents
If you are wanting to find a local Scottsdale insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Scottsdale agents are classified as either independent or exclusive. Either can provide car insurance policies, but it is important to understand the difference in the companies they write for because it can influence which type of agent you select.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not required to write business for one company so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to do anything. If you need lower rates, you definitely need to compare prices from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Scottsdale that may be able to give you price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents receive extensive training on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
The following are exclusive agents in Scottsdale who can help you get price quotes.
Scott Holly – State Farm Insurance Agent
4014 N Goldwater Blvd Ste 202 – Scottsdale, AZ 85251 – (480) 949-7204 – View Map
John Collins – State Farm Insurance Agent
8140 E Cactus Rd Ste 700 – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (602) 466-3100 – View Map
Picking an car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Get answers to these questions too.
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in Arizona?
- If they are an independent agency in Scottsdale, which companies do they recommend?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
One last thing to lower rates
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to reduce Honda Clarity insurance premium rates online in Scottsdale. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest Honda Clarity rate quotes. You may even discover the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies often have lower prices on specific markets than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
Some insurance companies do not offer internet price quotes and usually these smaller providers prefer to sell through local independent agents. The cheapest Honda Clarity insurance in Scottsdale is possible both online as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
Steps to buying lower priced Honda Clarity insurance in Scottsdale
The best way we recommend to find better pricing on Honda Clarity insurance in Scottsdale is to regularly compare quotes from providers who sell auto insurance in Arizona. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about how insurance works and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like your driving record and an unfavorable credit rating can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies. Start a quote
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper Clarity coverage is available in Scottsdale. If you can save some money and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to the newly selected company. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
One bit of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
To read more, feel free to visit these articles:
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Forester in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest After a Speeding Ticket in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)