A recent insurance study revealed that the vast majority of drivers have bought insurance from the same company for well over three years, and nearly the majority have never compared insurance rates at all. Most drivers in Scottsdale can cut their rates by up to $733 a year by just shopping around, but most just don’t grasp how much savings they would realize if they replace their high priced policy.
The best way we recommend to get cheaper Honda HR-V insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from providers who provide auto insurance in Scottsdale.
Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of car insurance and the things you can change to lower rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a not-so-good credit rating can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for the details to help prevent costly coverage and get bigger discounts.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies. Start a quote
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on HR-V insurance. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new company. Once the application is submitted, put the certificate of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One important bit of advice is to try to compare similar coverage information on every price quote and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
Our objective in writing this article is to teach you a little about how auto insurance companies operate and some tricks to saving. If you have coverage now, you will most likely be able to get lower rates using this strategy. Shoppers just need to learn the most time-saving way to compare rate quotes instantly.
Most major insurance companies provide price estimates direct online. Getting quotes for Honda HR-V insurance in Scottsdale doesn’t take a lot of time because you just enter the amount of coverage you want into the form. When the form is submitted, the system orders reports for credit and driving violations and generates a price based on many factors.
Using the web to get price quotes for Honda HR-V insurance in Scottsdale makes comparing rates easy, and it is imperative to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find a better rate.
To compare rates now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you type in deductibles and limits identical to your current policy. This guarantees you are getting a price comparison for similar insurance coverage.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Arizona. To find the cheapest car insurance in Scottsdale, it’s highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates for Honda HR-V insurance in Scottsdale
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be asked about before they will apply.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Older drivers can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- No Accidents – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags may qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit may lower your prices slightly.
Don’t be surprised that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The best auto insurance companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for multi-vehicle, safe driver, 55 and retired, renewal discount, youthful driver, driver training, and good student.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for defensive driver, good driver, claim-free, accident-free, good student, and multi-policy.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, and continuous coverage.
- AAA offers discounts including pay-in-full, multi-car, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, and good student.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, air bags, mySafetyValet, defensive driver, good student, and accident-free.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, daytime running lights, military active duty, and defensive driver.
- State Farm discounts include accident-free, multiple autos, multiple policy, driver’s education, anti-theft, passive restraint, and Drive Safe & Save.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company how many discounts you can get. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in your state. To see a list of companies who offer discounts in Arizona, click this link.
Protect more than your Honda vehicle
Despite the potentially high cost of Honda HR-V insurance, car insurance is required in Arizona but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your HR-V has a lienholder, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Honda for a much higher rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your Honda HR-V and your assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average American driver is overpaying more than $825 a year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Compare prices but buy from a neighborhood Scottsdale auto insurance agent
Some consumers would prefer to talk to a local agent and that is OK! Good agents are trained risk managers and help file insurance claims. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can find lower premium rates and also buy local. Buying from local insurance agents is important especially in Scottsdale.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent directly to you. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
The different types of car insurance agents
When looking for a reliable insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different agency structures that you can choose from. Car insurance agents in Scottsdale are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types can sell car insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand how they are different since it can impact buying decisions.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can quote rates with many companies so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies and get you the best rates possible. To transfer your coverage to a different company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you stay with the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will definitely want to get some free quotes from at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many can place coverage with small regional insurance companies which may have better rates.
The following is a partial list of independent agencies in Scottsdale who may be able to give you rate quotes.
- Crest Insurance Group, LLC
7900 E Thompson Peak Pkwy # 10 – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 860-6453 – View Map
- JVP Insurance Agency
10025 E Dynamite Blvd – Scottsdale, AZ 85262 – (480) 473-3100 – View Map
- Greene Insurance Group
17470 N Pacesetter Way – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 657-2800 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are usually well trained on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers often buy from exclusive agents mostly because of loyalty to the company rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below are Scottsdale exclusive insurance agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Jim Kreisman
9590 E Ironwood Square Dr #230 – Scottsdale, AZ 85258 – (480) 491-8585 – View Map
- Mike Bucca – State Farm Insurance Agent
7336 E Deer Valley Rd #105 – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 585-3665 – View Map
- Dan Vukovic – State Farm Insurance Agent
7077 E Bell Rd #207 – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (480) 949-5433 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- What companies can they write with?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Is coverage determined by price?