Unbelievable but true according to a study nearly 70% of drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for at least four years, and nearly half have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average insurance premium being $1,600, Arizona drivers could pocket roughly $730 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t believe the actual amount they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
The most effective way to find low-cost prices for Honda Pilot insurance in Scottsdale is to compare prices annually from companies who sell insurance in Arizona.
First, try to understand auto insurance and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and an unacceptable credit score can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the new rates to your existing rates to see if cheaper Pilot coverage is available in Scottsdale. If you can save some money, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to use identical coverages on each quote and to quote with as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Auto insurance providers offering low-cost price quotes in Arizona
The auto insurance companies shown below offer free quotes in Arizona. If you wish to find cheaper car insurance in Arizona, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Rate information and statistics
The information displayed next highlights detailed analysis of policy rates for Honda Pilot models. Being more informed about how rate quotes are formulated can help drivers make smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Pilot LX 2WD
|Pilot EX 2WD
|Pilot EX 4WD
|Pilot EX-L 2WD
|Pilot EX-L 4WD
|Pilot Touring 2WD
|Pilot Touring 4WD
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go
Above prices assume single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in specific garaging location which can decrease or increase price quotes substantially.
The illustration below highlights how deductible selection and can change Honda Pilot yearly insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Take policy discounts and save on Honda Pilot insurance in Scottsdale
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts to help offset the cost. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at quote time, but a few must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Good Student – This discount may save as much as 25% on a Scottsdale auto insurance quote. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better rates.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you are able to get a slight reduction on a Scottsdale auto insurance quote.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote Scottsdale auto insurance but check with your company.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Paperless Signup – Some companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy on the internet.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a lower premium rate if you buy auto and life insurance together.
You can save money using discounts, but some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, that’s just not realistic.
The information below shows the comparison of Honda Pilot car insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the premium. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
Large auto insurance companies and their offered discounts are:
- State Farm may offer discounts for multiple autos, multiple policy, accident-free, good driver, and passive restraint.
- Nationwide has discounts for multi-policy, defensive driving, Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, and anti-theft.
- GEICO has savings for emergency military deployment, military active duty, good student, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, and air bags.
- AAA includes discounts for anti-theft, pay-in-full, good driver, education and occupation, multi-car, and good student.
- 21st Century may include discounts for driver training, theft prevention, good student, homeowners, automatic seat belts, defensive driver, and student driver.
- The Hartford offers discounts including defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, driver training, bundle, air bag, anti-theft, and good student.
If you need low cost Scottsdale auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts might not be offered on policies in Scottsdale. To find providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Arizona, click here.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When choosing the best auto insurance coverage, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions might help in determining if your situation may require specific advice.
- Is my Honda Pilot covered if I use it for business?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Honda Pilot?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in Arizona?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Compare prices but buy from a local neighborhood Scottsdale car insurance agent
A lot of people would rather get advice from a local agent and we recommend doing that Good insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. One of the benefits of price shopping on the web is that you can find lower rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is especially important in Scottsdale.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Scottsdale that can give you free Scottsdale auto insurance quotes to get your business. You don’t have to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. If you want to quote rates from one company in particular, feel free to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Selecting an insurance company should depend on more than just the premium amount. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Does their agency support local causes in Scottsdale?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Arizona?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- If they are an independent agency in Scottsdale, which companies do they recommend?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
After receiving positive responses for all questions you ask as well as a affordable price, it’s possible that you found an insurer that can be relied on to insure your vehicles.
In this article, we presented many ideas to compare Honda Pilot insurance car insurance rates in Scottsdale. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Smaller companies can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
When buying insurance coverage, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
More information is available at these links:
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Teenage Females in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)