Are you researching more affordable auto insurance rates in Scottsdale, AZ? Scottsdale shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for affordable Hyundai Elantra insurance. They can either waste time calling around trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for auto insurance and we’ll show you the proper way to compare rates for a new or used Hyundai and locate the best price possible.
Consumers need to compare prices every six months due to the fact that insurance rates tend to go up over time. Just because you found the best premium rates on Hyundai Elantra insurance in Scottsdale a year ago there may be better deals available now. There is a lot of bad advice regarding Elantra insurance on the web, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some of the best ways to find cheap auto insurance in Scottsdale.
The following companies have been selected to offer price quotes in Arizona. If you wish to find the best cheap car insurance in Scottsdale, we suggest you get prices from several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Car insurance analysis for a Hyundai Elantra
The coverage table shown next showcases a range of insurance policy prices for Hyundai Elantra models. Learning how policy premiums are determined can benefit drivers when making informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$108||$198||$268||$16||$80||$670||$56|
|Elantra Blue 4-Dr Sedan||$108||$284||$314||$18||$94||$818||$68|
|Elantra GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$124||$284||$314||$18||$94||$834||$70|
|Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$124||$284||$314||$18||$94||$834||$70|
|Elantra SE Touring Station Wagon||$124||$240||$268||$16||$80||$728||$61|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in specific location which can increase or decrease auto insurance rates noticeably.
The example below highlights how deductible selection and can impact Hyundai Elantra insurance costs for different age categories. The data is based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Age, gender, and Hyundai Elantra insurance
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Hyundai Elantra premium costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no violations or accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Three reasons to not skimp on auto insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Hyundai Elantra in Scottsdale, auto insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, most lenders will stipulate that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Hyundai for a much higher rate and force you to pay for it.
- Auto insurance preserves your Hyundai Elantra and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your Elantra more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. An average driver in America is overpaying over $810 a year so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Hyundai Elantra Insurance Price Factors
Many factors are used in the calculation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but some are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
The list below includes a few of the “ingredients” insurance companies consider when setting prices.
Youthful drivers are expensive to insure – Drivers with little experience are proven to be inattentive when driving with friends so insurance rates are higher. Older drivers are more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.
The following data is based on a single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Being married reduces risk – Having a wife or husband may earn you lower rates on insurance. Having a significant other means you’re less irresponsible it has been statistically shown that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- High credit rating translates to low costs – An insured’s credit history factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Insureds with very high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with bad credit. Therefore, if your credit history can be improved, you could be paying less to insure your Hyundai Elantra by improving your rating.
- Rates are affected by your address – Choosing to live in areas with lower population is a positive aspect when insuring your vehicles. Less people translates into fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. Residents of big cities have congested traffic and more severe claims. More time behind the wheel means more chance of being in an accident.
Drive a fast vehicle and pay more – The performance of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in how high your rates are. The best insurance prices are usually for economy passenger vehicles, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
The following data uses these assumptions: single female driver age 30, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Hyundai Elantra policy rates compared to other vehicles that have a range of risk factors.
Insurance loss data for a Hyundai Elantra – Companies use data from past claims to calculate a price that will offset losses. Models that tend to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have a higher premium rate.
The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Hyundai Elantra vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole equals 100. Values under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while percentages above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Hyundai Elantra Vehicles Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Hyundai Elantra 102 102 90 133 137 117 Hyundai Elantra GT 95 91 95 112 114 107BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When to get professional advice
When selecting insurance from an agent or online, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether you will benefit from professional help.
- What are the liability requirements in my state?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- What happens if I owe more than my Hyundai Elantra is worth?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
People switch companies for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, delays in paying claims, high prices or delays in responding to claim requests. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
Cheap Hyundai Elantra insurance in Scottsdale can be found both online and from local agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agencies.
You just read a lot of ways to get a better price on Hyundai Elantra insurance in Scottsdale. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Scottsdale auto insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Steps to buying cheaper Hyundai Elantra insurance in Scottsdale
The best way we recommend to get more affordable Hyundai Elantra insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from insurers in Scottsdale.
First, gain an understanding of how companies set rates and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many things that are responsible for high rates like speeding tickets, careless driving and a low credit score can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple insurance companies. Get quotes now
Third, compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper Elantra coverage is available in Scottsdale. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit a completed application and payment to your new insurance company. As soon as you can, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork with the vehicle registration.
The most important part of this process is to compare identical limits and deductibles on every quote and and to look at as many companies as possible. This enables a level playing field and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Additional information can be found on the following sites:
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Scottsdale Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tacoma in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Scottsdale Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with Good Credit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for 17 Year Olds in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford F-150 in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)