It’s hard to believe, but most car insurance policyholders have been with the same company for at least four years, and nearly half have never compared quotes from other companies. Scottsdale consumers could save about $733 every year, but they don’t know the rate savings if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
The best way we recommend to get discount car insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from companies who provide auto insurance in Scottsdale. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Get an understanding of car insurance and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as getting speeding tickets and an unacceptable credit rating can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple sources. Get quotes now
- Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper Equus coverage is available in Scottsdale. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new company. Once coverage is bound, put the new certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of this process is to make sure you enter identical limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get prices from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Our goal in writing this article instruct you on how car insurance quotes work and also pocket some savings If you have insurance now, you will most likely be able to get lower rates using these tips. Smart buyers just have to use the tricks to shop their coverage around from many different companies.
Compare Scottsdale Hyundai Equus insurance price quotes
Most larger insurance companies allow consumers to get insurance quotes on their websites. Comparing Hyundai Equus insurance rates online is quite simple as you simply enter your coverage information into the quote form. Once you submit the form, the quote system orders information on your driving record and credit history and generates pricing information determined by many factors.
Being able to quote online for Hyundai Equus insurance in Scottsdale streamlines rate comparisons, and it is imperative to do this in order to find lower-cost rates.
To quickly compare rates using this form now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you complete the form with coverages and limits as close as possible to your current policy. This makes sure you will have a price comparison for the exact same coverage.
The following companies have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Arizona. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Three reasons car insurance is important
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Hyundai Equus in Scottsdale, paying for car insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Hyundai, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Hyundai for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your car insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average driver in Arizona overpays more than $830 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Buy Lower-cost Insurance with These Tips
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing the different types of things that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of factors are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, although some other factors are more transparent like where you live and annual miles driven.
- Your employer may affect rates – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Careers such as judges, police officers, and dentists tend to have higher rates than the rest of us attributed to job stress and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, jobs like farmers, engineers and homemakers receive lower rates.
- Save money with GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Choosing to buy a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Systems that thwart thieves such as OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can help prevent your car from being stolen.
- Performance impacts insurance costs – The performance of the car or truck you are buying insurance for makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. The lowest base rates are generally reserved for lower performance four cylinder passenger models, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Men drivers tend to cost more – Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. They both cause fender benders at a similar rate, but the males have costlier accidents. Men also get cited for more serious violations such as reckless driving.
- Big city or small town – Having an address in less populated areas has definite advantages when buying insurance. Less people means less chance of accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. Drivers in populated Arizona areas have traffic congestion and longer commutes to work. More time on the road statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- Get married and pay less – Getting married helps lower the price on your insurance policy. It translates into being more stable financially and statistics prove married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Many insurers provide a discount for people that purchase more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, you still need to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Keep claims to a minimum – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you shouldn’t be surprised to get increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance companies in Arizona generally give discounts to insureds who only file infrequent claims. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
Loss statistics for a Hyundai Equus – Insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that the data shows to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have higher rates.
The information below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Hyundai Equus vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is considered to be 100. Percentages below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values over 100 point to more losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Hyundai Equus Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Hyundai Equus 4dr 155 83 225 85BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discount Scottsdale auto insurance rates
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will be applied when you quote, but a few must be specially asked for before they will apply.
- Good Grades Discount – Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Insuring multiple cars or trucks with the same auto insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- E-sign Discounts – A few larger online companies provide a small discount for completing your application over the internet.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new Equus can save you some money compared to insuring an older model.
- Distant Student Discount – Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Scottsdale and do not have a car could get you a discount.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it’s just not the way it works.
The best auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO may include discounts for good student, multi-policy, seat belt use, air bags, federal employee, and anti-theft.
- MetLife may offer discounts for multi-policy, defensive driver, good student, claim-free, and good driver.
- State Farm offers discounts for good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, good driver, student away at school, passive restraint, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including accident-free, anti-theft, good driver, multi-car, good student, annual mileage, and professional/association.
- 21st Century includes discounts for good student, homeowners, driver training, defensive driver, and 55 and older.
- Allstate has savings for multi-policy, new car, good student, early signing, and good payer.
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in Scottsdale.
Car insurance quotes from local Scottsdale insurance agents
Certain consumers just want to buy from a local agent. Most agents can help determine the best coverages and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is definitely important in Scottsdale.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is transmitted to insurance agents in Scottsdale who will give you quotes for your business. There is no need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, just jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a local Scottsdale insurance agency, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they operate. Agents in Scottsdale are categorized either independent or exclusive. Either can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning how they differ because it may have an impact on which agent you choose.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are appointed with more than one company so they can quote policies with many different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparison shopping, you definitely need to check rates from multiple independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Most also write with different regional companies which can be an advantage.
Featured below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Scottsdale that can possibly get you free car insurance quotes.
- Crest Insurance Group
Ste 375, 7272 E Indian School Rd – Scottsdale, AZ 85251 – (480) 839-2252 – View Map
- Greene Insurance Group
17470 N Pacesetter Way – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 657-2800 – View Map
- Palomino Insurance Agency
8889 E Bell Rd – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (480) 483-8000 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These agents work for only one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Drivers often choose to use an exclusive agent partially due to the brand name rather than low rates.
Listed below are Scottsdale exclusive agencies that can give you rate quotes.
- John Collins – State Farm Insurance Agent
8140 E Cactus Rd Ste 700 – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (602) 466-3100 – View Map
- Mike Bucca – State Farm Insurance Agent
7336 E Deer Valley Rd #105 – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 585-3665 – View Map
- Robert Smith – State Farm Insurance Agent
7505 E 6th Ave Ste 204 – Scottsdale, AZ 85251 – (480) 588-6456 – View Map
Picking a insurance agency should depend on more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- How long have they been in business?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
Lower rates by being persistent
People leave their current company for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, being labeled a high risk driver, high prices and even denial of a claim. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company is easier than you think.
Some car insurance companies do not provide internet price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies. Budget-friendly car insurance in Scottsdale is attainable both online and also from your neighborhood Scottsdale agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.