How long has it been since you compared quotes for more affordable insurance rates in Scottsdale, AZ? Scottsdale consumers have options when looking for the best price on BMW Alpina B7 insurance. You can either waste hours contacting agents getting price quotes or leverage the internet to get rate quotes. There is a right way and a wrong way to compare insurance rates so you’re going to learn the quickest way to quote coverages for a BMW and get the cheapest rates.
Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Scottsdale can be easy if you know a few tricks. If you have insurance now, you will definitely be able to reduce premiums using the ideas you’re about to read. Drivers only have to learn how to compare different rates from many different companies online.
BMW Alpina B7 Insurance Costs Can Be More Affordable
Part of the insurance buying process is learning a few of the rating criteria that help calculate the price you pay for insurance. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that may result in lower premium levels. Lots of things are considered when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are less apparent such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
- Premiums drop with age – Youthful drivers in Arizona are statistically proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle therefore insurance rates are much higher. More mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and receive fewer citations.
- Being married is a bonus – Having a significant other may save some money on your insurance policy. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that married couples file fewer claims.
- Policy add-ons add up – Insurance policies have a lot of additional extra coverages that can waste your money if you aren’t careful. Insurance for things like replacement cost coverage, accidental death, and Farm Bureau memberships are some examples. You may think they are a good idea at first, but if you don’t need them think about removing them and cutting costs.
- High insurance claims frequency drives up premiums – If you file a lot of claims you should expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in Arizona award lower rates to drivers who only file infrequent claims. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
How to lower your BMW Alpina B7 insurance cost in Scottsdale, Arizona
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Scottsdale, AZ. To locate the cheapest car insurance in AZ, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Auto insurance protects more than just your car
Despite the high cost, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Alpina B7, more than likely the lender will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your BMW at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher price.
- Auto insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also cover many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having auto insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays more than $825 a year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Save money by earning discounts
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but there are discounts available that may help make it more affordable. Some discounts will apply at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be specifically requested in order for you to get them. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are throwing money away.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies give discounts for renewing your policy before your current Alpina B7 insurance policy expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car instead of a used Alpina B7 can save you some money because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accident claims.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a course teaching safe driver skills could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Paperwork-free – A few larger online companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy digitally online.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your auto and home insurance with one company they may give you a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or former government employment could cut as much as 10% off depending on your company.
Remember that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, that’s just not realistic. But all discounts will definitely lower your overall bill.
To find providers that offer some of these discounts in Arizona, click here.
When to have guidance from an insurance agency
Many drivers prefer to talk to an insurance agent. Insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to.
By using this simple form, the coverage information gets sent to agents in your area that can provide free Scottsdale car insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. You don’t have to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent directly to your email. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. A good agent in Scottsdale will have answers to these questions.
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Are they full-time agents?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
Two different types of auto insurance agents
If you want to buy car insurance from a reliable agent, you should know the types of agencies that you can select. Agents in Scottsdale may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either type can provide car insurance policies, but it’s important to know the difference in the companies they write for since it could factor into the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide one company’s prices like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Many people buy insurance from these agents partially due to the brand rather than low price.
Listed below are Scottsdale exclusive insurance agencies who may provide you with price quotes.
- Joe Lankau – State Farm Insurance Agent
10458 E Jomax Rd #105 – Scottsdale, AZ 85262 – (480) 585-5003 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Marc Sollee
6320 E Thomas Rd #303 – Scottsdale, AZ 85251 – (480) 900-8010 – View Map
- John Collins – State Farm Insurance Agent
8140 E Cactus Rd Ste 700 – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (602) 466-3100 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent do not work for one specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company and that require little work on your part.
When comparing car insurance rates, you need to include several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from. They also have the ability to place coverage with different regional companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Scottsdale willing to provide price quotes.
- Citywide Insurance
13802 N Scottsdale Rd #106 – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (480) 607-7537 – View Map
- Crest Insurance Group, LLC
7900 E Thompson Peak Pkwy # 10 – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 860-6453 – View Map
- Crest Insurance Group
Ste 375, 7272 E Indian School Rd – Scottsdale, AZ 85251 – (480) 839-2252 – View Map
Car insurance savings summarized
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, an insured dropped liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, extreme rates for teen drivers, unfair underwriting practices and lack of trust in their agent. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company can be easier than you think.
Lower-priced car insurance in Scottsdale can be sourced both online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some car insurance companies may not offer internet price quotes and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agencies.
Steps to finding lower priced BMW Alpina B7 insurance in Scottsdale
If you want to save money, the best way to get budget BMW Alpina B7 insurance in Scottsdale is to compare quotes once a year from different companies that sell auto insurance in Arizona. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- Read and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many factors that result in higher rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and your credit history can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the new rates to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current coverage and submit a completed policy application and payment to the new company. Once the paperwork is finalized, place the new certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
An essential thing to point out is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rates from as many different companies as possible. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
More tips and info about car insurance is available in these articles:
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)