Want to know how to find more affordable Honda CR-V insurance in Scottsdale? When searching for cheaper insurance, are you frustrated by the wide range of auto insurance providers that you can choose from? Drivers have so many providers to choose from that it can quickly become a real hassle to compare premium rates on Honda CR-V insurance. Scottsdale is a great city to live in, but high auto insurance prices makes it very hard to afford enough coverage.
Anyone knows that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. People who shop for lower prices are highly likely to switch to a new company because of the high probability of getting low-cost coverage. A study discovered that consumers who regularly shopped around saved approximately $72 a month compared to those who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding budget-friendly insurance in Scottsdale is your ultimate target, knowing how to get price quotes and compare car insurance can save time and money.
Auto insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Companies don’t always advertise all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find some of the more common and also the lesser-known auto insurance savings.
- E-sign – Certain larger companies will give you a small discount just for signing your application on the internet.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active deployment in the military could qualify you for better rates.
- No Accidents – Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Drivers Education – Teen drivers should take driver’s ed class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Accident Waiver – This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies permit an accident without the usual rate increase if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- New Car Discount – Buying auto insurance coverage on a new vehicle may earn a small discount compared to insuring an older model.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers can possibly qualify for lower premium rates.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
The illustration below shows the difference between Honda CR-V car insurance rates with and without discounts applied. Data assumes a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, multi-car, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
The best auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, good student, and online signing.
- GEICO may have discounts that include good student, seat belt use, multi-policy, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for driver’s education, multiple policy, student away at school, good driver, safe vehicle, passive restraint, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Esurance offers discounts including defensive driver, online shopper, anti-lock brakes, DriveSense, emergency road assistance, multi-car, and Switch & Save.
- The Hartford discounts include vehicle fuel type, air bag, good student, defensive driver, and driver training.
If you are trying to find low cost Scottsdale car insurance quotes, ask every insurance company how you can save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in Scottsdale. For a list of insurance companies that offer discounts in Arizona, click here.
When shopping for Honda CR-V insurance in Scottsdale there are multiple ways to obtain and compare prices from companies that offer car insurance in Arizona. The simplest method to find competitive Honda CR-V insurance rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online. When quoting car insurance, remember that comparing all the rates in your area increases the chance that you will find more affordable insurance.
The companies shown below provide quotes in Arizona. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in Arizona, we suggest you compare several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Rates and statistics
The table displayed below outlines detailed analysis of policy rates for Honda CR-V models. Having a good understanding how policy premiums are figured can aid in making informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CR-V LX 2WD||$122||$232||$308||$18||$92||$772||$64|
|CR-V EX 2WD||$122||$232||$308||$18||$92||$772||$64|
|CR-V LX 4WD||$122||$232||$308||$18||$92||$772||$64|
|CR-V EX 4WD||$140||$232||$308||$18||$92||$790||$66|
|CR-V EX-L 2WD||$140||$232||$308||$18||$92||$790||$66|
|CR-V EX-L 4WD||$140||$232||$308||$18||$92||$790||$66|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in garaging location in Scottsdale which can affect premiums noticeably.
The diagram below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can impact Honda CR-V insurance costs for each different age category. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Local Scottsdale auto insurance agents
Many people would rather go talk to an agent and we recommend doing that The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find lower auto insurance rates but also keep your business local. And buying from local agents is definitely important in Scottsdale.
After completing this form (opens in new window), the quote information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Scottsdale that provide free Scottsdale car insurance quotes to get your business. You never need to search for an agent because prices are sent to you directly. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND a local agent. If you wish to quote rates for a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Types of auto insurance agents in Scottsdale
If you are wanting to find a good insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Agencies in Scottsdale are classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents do not write with just one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies and get you the best rates possible. If they quote lower rates, your policy is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing car insurance rates, we recommend you get several quotes from multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most also write with smaller mutual companies which could offer lower prices.
Shown below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Scottsdale who can help you get cheap rate quotes.
- Crest Insurance Group, LLC
7900 E Thompson Peak Pkwy # 10 – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 860-6453 – View Map
- Pinnacle Ins Agency Inc.
8700 E Vista Bonita Dr – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 513-3131 – View Map
- Crest Insurance Group
Ste 375, 7272 E Indian School Rd – Scottsdale, AZ 85251 – (480) 839-2252 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive are contracted to one company such as Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Consumers sometimes purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the brand rather than low rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Scottsdale that are able to give comparison quotes.
- State Farm: Randy Mueller
10575 N 114th St – Scottsdale, AZ 85259 – (480) 391-9390 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Marc Sollee
6320 E Thomas Rd #303 – Scottsdale, AZ 85251 – (480) 900-8010 – View Map
- Denise Knobbe – State Farm Insurance Agent
10814 N Scottsdale Rd – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (480) 905-1019 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent should depend on more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- If they are an independent agency in Scottsdale, which companies do they recommend?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Scottsdale?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
Cover all your bases
You just read many ideas to compare Honda CR-V insurance car insurance rates in Scottsdale. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, lack of trust in their agent, questionable increases in premium and delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Budget-conscious Honda CR-V insurance can be purchased on the web and from local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies do not provide rates over the internet and many times these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
How to find cheaper quotes for Honda CR-V insurance in Scottsdale
Truthfully, the best way to find affordable quotes for Honda CR-V insurance in Scottsdale is to compare prices annually from insurers in Arizona. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
First, it will benefit you to learn about individual coverages and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many things that cause rate increases like your driving record and a less-than-favorable credit history can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
Second, compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for many different companies.
Third, compare the quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper price is available in Scottsdale. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important note is to compare the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to get prices from every company you can. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
To read more, take a look at these articles:
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)