Want to learn how to find the cheapest Honda CR-Z insurance in Scottsdale? Nobody looks forward to buying insurance, especially when they are aware that they could lower their rates if they shopped around.
Unfortunately, most consumers have remained with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never shopped around. Scottsdale drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but they don’t invest the time required to compare rates online.
Steps to quoting cheaper Honda CR-Z insurance in Scottsdale
The recommended way to get cheaper car insurance rates in Scottsdale is to regularly compare quotes from different companies in Arizona. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Try to comprehend how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can take to prevent rate increases. Many things that increase rates like inattentive driving and a less-than-favorable credit score can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article gives information to help keep prices low and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Step 2: Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple insurance companies. Click to view companies
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Give notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. Immediately upon receiving it, put the certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The key thing to remember is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverage information on every quote request and and to analyze as many companies as you can. This ensures a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Many insurance companies compete for your hard-earned dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every company to get the best rate on Honda CR-Z insurance in Scottsdale.
Best companies for Honda CR-Z insurance
The following companies have been selected to offer price comparisons in Arizona. To find the cheapest auto insurance in Scottsdale, AZ, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
You may qualify for discounts for Honda CR-Z insurance in Scottsdale
Companies that sell car insurance do not list all discounts very well, so here is a list both the well known as well as some of the hidden ways to save on auto insurance. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you could be getting lower rates.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and will qualify for a discount on a Scottsdale auto insurance quote.
- Online Discount – Some auto insurance companies give back up to $50 for signing up on the internet.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some auto insurance companies give discounts for buying a new policy before your current expiration date. It could save around 10% when you buy Scottsdale auto insurance online.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking time to complete a defensive driving class may get you a small discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Good Grades Discount – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more compared to accident prone drivers.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to participate in a local driver’s education class in high school.
As a footnote on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you aren’t that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will positively reduce your premiums.
To find companies that offer discounts in Arizona, click here.
How do Insurers Determine Honda CR-Z Insurance Costs?
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that help determine your policy premiums. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to lower rates.
The list below includes some of the factors insurance companies consider when setting prices.
Men pay more for insurance coverage – The statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. This data doesn’t prove that women are better drivers. Men and women are responsible for fender benders in similar percentages, but men tend to have higher claims. Not only that, but men also get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
Rates may be lower depending on your vocation – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance? Jobs such as lawyers, air traffic controllers, and medical professionals generally have higher rates than average due to high stress and incredibly demanding work hours. On the flip side, careers like professors, historians and performers receive lower rates.
Discounts for multiple policies – Lots of insurance companies afford a discount to policyholders who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to check prices from other companies to ensure the best deal.
Save money with higher physical damage deductibles – Insurance for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, vandalism, and damage caused by flying debris. The deductibles you choose state the amount of money the insured will be required to pay in the event of a claim. The more money you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Having a spouse can save you money – Having a wife or husband may save some money on your policy. It means you’re more stable financially and it’s proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Liability insurance risk factors – Your policy’s liability coverage will protect you when you are found to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide legal defense coverage starting from day one. Liability insurance is pretty cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
Safer vehicles cost less to insure – Cars with five star safety ratings get lower rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce injuries and reduced instances of injuries means less claims paid passed on to you as lower rates. If the Honda CR-Z has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you may be receiving a better rate.
A insurance lapse can increase rates – Having a gap between insurance policy dates can be a sure-fire way to pay more for insurance. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
Honda CR-Z insurance loss statistics – Companies use data from past claims when setting premium rates. Vehicles that statistically have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more for specific coverages.
The next table illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Honda CR-Z vehicles. For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as a total average, is considered to be 100. Values under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
|Make and Model
|Honda CR-Z Hybrid
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance agent or online?
A lot of people prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Experienced insurance agents can help you build your policy and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and also buy local. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Scottsdale.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes for your car insurance coverage. You never need to contact any agents as quotes are delivered to you instantly. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, you can always go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
When researching a local Scottsdale insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies that you can choose from. Agents are classified as either exclusive or independent. Both can write policy coverage, but it’s important to know why they differ since it can affect your selection of an agent.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel do not have single company limitations and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move the coverage in-house which makes it simple for you. When shopping rates, we highly recommend that you include rate quotes from at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Shown below are Scottsdale independent agents who may be able to give you free price quotes.
Agents of this type are contracted to one company like Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which can be an advantage.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Scottsdale that can give you price quote information.
Picking the best car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- How are they compensated?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- How long has the business existed?
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
Lower-priced auto insurance in Scottsdale is possible from both online companies and with local Scottsdale insurance agents, so get free Scottsdale auto insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers may not provide internet price quotes and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to shop for Honda CR-Z insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices come from the least-expected company. These companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
How to find better rates for Honda CR-Z insurance in Scottsdale
The easiest way to find cheaper auto insurance rates in Scottsdale is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers in Arizona.
First, it will benefit you to learn about the different coverages in a policy and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a negative credit history can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple sources. View a list of agents
Third, compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One thing to point out is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Additional auto insurance information is located below:
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Good Drivers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Scottsdale Car Insurance Quotes for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Fusion in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)