Are you searching for the cheapest Pontiac Aztek insurance in Scottsdale? Car owners new to comparing auto insurance quotes on the internet can find locating cheaper Aztek insurance can be quite difficult.
Steps to finding affordable Pontiac Aztek insurance in Scottsdale
If you want to save money, the best way to save money on auto insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from different companies who provide auto insurance in Scottsdale. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- Try to understand how companies set rates and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as inattentive driving and a not-so-good credit rating can be amended by paying attention to minor details. This article gives additional ideas to help prevent costly coverage and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
A recent study showed that nearly 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for at least four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. American insurance shoppers can save almost $859 each year by just comparing quotes, but most undervalue the benefits if they switched.
You need to compare premium rates periodically since rates change regularly. If you had the lowest rate on Pontiac Aztek insurance in Scottsdale at your last renewal you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re going to learn one of the best ways to find lower rates on auto insurance.
Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Scottsdale is much easier if you have a good place to start. If you are insured now, you will surely be able to find the best rates using the ideas covered in this article. But Arizona vehicle owners need to have an understanding of how insurance companies sell insurance online because rates are impacted by many factors.
Keep in mind that more quotes will enable you to find a better price.
The companies in the list below offer price quotes in Arizona. If your goal is to find cheaper car insurance in Scottsdale, AZ, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
Choosing the best Aztek insurance in Arizona is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Pontiac Aztek in Scottsdale, maintaining insurance serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Pontiac Aztek has a loan, almost all lenders will stipulate that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Pontiac at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects not only your Pontiac Aztek but also your financial assets. It will also cover medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having auto insurance outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $830 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Scottsdale Insurance Costs are Influenced by These Factors
The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that aid in calculating your car insurance rates. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with lower premium levels.
The factors shown below are most of the major factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rate level.
- Never have car insurance lapses – Driving with no insurance is not a good idea and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in fines or a revoked license.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Lots of insurance companies allow discounts to clients that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you already get this discount, you still need to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money.There is a good possibility that you can save money by buying car insurance from a different company.
- Extra policy coverages are wasting money – There are quite a few additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your car insurance policy. Add-on coverages like rental car coverage, death and dismemberment, and extra equipment coverage could be just wasting money. They may sound like good ideas when deciding what coverages you need, but if you don’t need them consider taking them off your policy.
- Lower mileage equals lower premium – Driving a lot of miles annually the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that do not get driven very much can get a lower rate than cars that get driven a lot. Ask your agent if your vehicle rating is showing the correct usage for each vehicle. Improper usage on your Aztek can result in significantly higher rates.
- Which gender costs less? – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women tend to be less risk to insure than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Males and females are responsible for at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species have accidents that have higher claims. Men also tend to get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
Affordable rates by taking advantage of discounts
Some companies don’t necessarily list every discount they offer very well, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and the harder-to-find discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Scottsdale auto insurance online.
- No Accidents – Scottsdale drivers who stay claim-free are rewarded with significantly better rates on Scottsdale auto insurance quote as compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to participate in a local driver’s education class if it’s offered in school.
- Life Insurance – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a small discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers over the age of 55 may be able to get a slight reduction on a Scottsdale auto insurance quote.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies offer discounts for signing up before your current Aztek insurance policy expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Professional Memberships – Joining a qualifying organization may earn a discount when getting a Scottsdale auto insurance quote.
- Student in College – Children who live away from home to go to college and do not have a car could get you a discount.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it’s just not the way it works. But all discounts will definitely lower your auto insurance premiums.
A few popular companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, good student, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, and driver’s education.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, and online signing.
- Progressive offers discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife may have discounts that include multi-policy, claim-free, good student, good driver, defensive driver, accident-free
- Farm Bureau has discounts for multi-vehicle, renewal discount, driver training, youthful driver, safe driver, and multi-policy.
- GEICO includes discounts for seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, air bags, emergency military deployment, and federal employee.
- SAFECO discounts include teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, drive less, and anti-theft.
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts may not apply in Scottsdale. To choose insurers that offer multiple discounts in Arizona, click here.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
Always remember that when buying the best insurance coverage, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- If my Pontiac Aztek is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Insurance agent or online?
Some consumers would rather talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and also buy local.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance data is emailed to companies in Scottsdale that can give you free Scottsdale auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to find an agent since price quotes are sent to your email. You can get cheaper car insurance rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to get a comparison quote for a specific company, just visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Picking an provider needs to be determined by more than just a low price. These questions are important to ask:
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Scottsdale?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
When looking for a reliable agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents from which to choose. Scottsdale agents can be described as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Agents that elect to be exclusive normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. They are unable to shop your coverage around so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers often use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the brand name rather than low price.
The following are Scottsdale exclusive insurance agents who can help you get price quotes.
- Dan Vukovic – State Farm Insurance Agent
7077 E Bell Rd #207 – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (480) 949-5433 – View Map
- State Farm: Randy Mueller
10575 N 114th St – Scottsdale, AZ 85259 – (480) 391-9390 – View Map
- Shelley Anderson – State Farm Insurance Agent
8080 E Gelding Dr d106 – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (480) 941-2257 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents do not work for one specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you get insurance quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison. Most also have access to companies that do not advertise much which could offer lower prices.
Below are Scottsdale independent insurance agents who can help you get rate quotes.
- Arizona Insurance Services
7950 E Acoma Dr # 205 – Scottsdale, AZ 85260 – (480) 778-9700 – View Map
- Summit Insurance Advisors
5425 E Bell Rd – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (480) 214-3544 – View Map
- Colonial General Insurance Co
8475 E Hartford Dr – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 991-7889 – View Map
Best car insurance company in Arizona
Picking the top insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many companies sell coverage in Arizona. The ranking information in the next section may help you pick which providers you want to consider comparing rates with.
Top 10 Scottsdale Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Scottsdale Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
More effort can pay off
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to find affordable Pontiac Aztek insurance in Scottsdale. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Scottsdale auto insurance, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Pontiac Aztek rate quotes. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies. These companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Some insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents. Cheap Pontiac Aztek insurance in Scottsdale is possible from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Scottsdale, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection.
As you restructure your insurance plan, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
How to find affordable quotes for Pontiac Aztek insurance in Scottsdale
Really, the only way to get discount auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Scottsdale. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- It will benefit you to learn about how your policy works and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like at-fault accidents and a poor credit rating can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
A key point to remember is to make sure you’re comparing similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and to quote with as many auto insurance providers as possible. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
Additional information can be found at the links below
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Scottsdale Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Drivers with a DUI in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)