Truthfully, the best way to get budget car insurance rates in Scottsdale is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Arizona. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about how insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent high rates. Many factors that cause rate increases such as getting speeding tickets and a less-than-favorable credit history can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple companies. Find a Scottsdale insurance agent
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
The most important part of shopping around is to compare the same amount of coverage on each price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as you can. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
It’s well known that insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Drivers who compare rates at least once a year are inclined to switch car insurance companies because there are good odds of finding discount prices. A survey found that drivers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved an average of $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the best rates on auto insurance is your objective, then having an understanding of the best way to quote and compare insurance premiums can help make the process easier.
Reducing your Subaru Baja insurance rates is surprisingly easy. All that’s required is to take a few minutes comparing free Scottsdale auto insurance quotes to see which company has inexpensive Scottsdale auto insurance quotes.
Getting free rates online is quite simple, and it takes the place of having to drive around to and from local Scottsdale insurance agencies. Quoting Subaru Baja insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you require the professional guidance that only a licensed agent can provide. Some companies do allow you to get the lowest quotes online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Arizona. To buy cheaper auto insurance in Scottsdale, AZ, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why you need auto insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Subaru in Scottsdale, insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, almost all lenders will stipulate that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Subaru at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your Subaru. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. But the average driver in Arizona is overpaying over $830 a year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Affordable rates on Subaru Baja insurance in Scottsdale with these seven auto insurance discounts
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some discounts apply automatically when you quote, but a few must be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking part in a course that instructs on driving safety could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Telematics Devices – People who choose to allow their insurance company to track where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system such as State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks as long as the data is positive.
- Club Memberships – Participating in qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break on your bill.
- Distant College Student Discount – College-age children living away from Scottsdale attending college and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will help lower the amount you pay for coverage.
To locate auto insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts in Arizona, click here to view.
You may need specialized auto insurance coverage
When quoting and choosing proper insurance coverage, there really isn’t a “best” method to buy coverage. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- If my Subaru Baja is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.