Unfortunately, most drivers in Arizona have bought insurance from the same company for at least four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never shopped around. The average driver in America could save approximately $860 a year, but they don’t want to take the time to compare rates.
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get more affordable Toyota Venza insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers who provide car insurance in Scottsdale. This can be done by following these guidelines.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about the different coverages in a policy and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices from many different companies. Get quotes now
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Notify your company or agent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a completed application and payment to your new company or agent. As soon as you can, safely store the certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get rates from as many companies as you can. This helps ensure a level playing field and maximum price selection.
Best companies for Toyota Venza insurance
The companies in the list below offer quotes in Arizona. To locate cheap car insurance in Arizona, we suggest you compare several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Auto insurance statistics and figures
The table shown next highlights a range of insurance prices for Toyota Venza models. Having knowledge of how insurance policy rates are calculated is important to be able to make decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Venza 2WD 4-Dr||$290||$566||$404||$24||$122||$1,406||$117|
|Venza AWD 4-Dr||$290||$566||$404||$24||$122||$1,406||$117|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Arizona minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in your specific Scottsdale location which can raise or lower prices significantly.
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can change Toyota Venza insurance prices for different age groups. The rates are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Toyota Venza full coverage rates compared to liability only
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Toyota Venza insurance prices with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The data assumes no violations or claims, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no clear-cut formula for dropping physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Toyota Venza book value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $2,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are currently paying more than $200 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are a few cases where dropping full coverage is not recommended. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Find Cheap Car Insurance with These Tips
Lots of things are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, although some other factors are more obscure such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
The following are just a few of the factors used by your company to calculate premiums.
Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The make and model of the car or truck you own makes a big difference in your car insurance bill. The cheapest insurance rates will normally be found when insuring small economy passenger models, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The next chart uses these assumptions: single male driver age 20, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Toyota Venza policy rates compared to other makes and models that have different performances.
Gender impacts rates – Over the last 30 years, statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. It does not mean females are better at driving than males. Females and males get in accidents in similar numbers, but the males cause more damage. Men also get ticketed for serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Toyota Venza car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Driving citations mean higher premiums – Attentive drivers have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Having just one speeding ticket may cause rates to rise forty percent or more. Drivers with careless citations such as reckless driving or DUI are required to prove financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
The diagram below illustrates how speeding tickets and accident claims raise Toyota Venza car insurance costs for different age categories. The price estimates are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
- Poor credit can mean higher costs – Your credit history factor in calculating your premium rate. Insureds with excellent credit tend to be better risks to insure as compared to drivers with poor credit scores. Therefore, if your credit rating is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your Toyota Venza by repairing your credit.
- Vehicle theft costs us all – Choosing to buy a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Systems that thwart thieves like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help stop your vehicle from being stolen.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – Many insurers afford discounts to customers who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s still a good idea to shop around to ensure the best deal.
- Occupation reflects on rates – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Jobs like military generals, social workers, and dentists generally pay higher rates than average because of high stress and lengthy work days. On the flip side, jobs like professors, students and the unemployed get better rates.
Toyota Venza insurance claim data – Insurance companies analyze past claim statistics when determining insurance rates. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher loss trends will have a higher premium rate. The table below shows the collected loss data for Toyota Venza vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as a total average, is represented as 100. Values under 100 indicate better than average losses, while values over 100 point to more claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Toyota Venza Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Venza 4dr 2WD 93 102 86 115 110 93 Toyota Venza 4dr 4WD 94 102 97 120 94 87BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Toyota Venza insurance discounts in Scottsdale
Car insurance companies don’t always list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known and the harder-to-find credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
- Scottsdale Homeowners Pay Less – Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance on a new Venza can cost up to 25% less because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles may allow you to get lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Sign Online – A few insurance companies will give you a small discount for signing up on their website.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy and place coverage with the same company you could save at least 10% off all policies.
Please keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though you would think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
The information below illustrates the difference between Toyota Venza yearly insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The prices are based on a female driver, no claims or violations, Arizona state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, safe-driver, marriage, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
For a list of car insurance companies who offer free Toyota Venza insurance quotes in Arizona, follow this link.
When to have guidance from an insurance agency
Some consumers would rather sit down with an agent and that is OK! An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and also buy local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Scottsdale who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to work with. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific car insurance provider, you can always go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Selecting an insurer requires you to look at more than just a cheap price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Where are claims handled?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- How long have they been in business?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Scottsdale?
Exclusive and independent Scottsdale auto insurance agents
If you are wanting to find a good insurance agency, there are two types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents in Scottsdale are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are trained well on what they offer which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Consumers sometimes purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Scottsdale who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Joe Lankau – State Farm Insurance Agent
10458 E Jomax Rd #105 – Scottsdale, AZ 85262 – (480) 585-5003 – View Map
- Steve Fair – State Farm Insurance Agent
33717 N Scottsdale Rd #101 – Scottsdale, AZ 85266 – (480) 563-2710 – View Map
- Dwayne Aaron – State Farm Insurance Agent
14555 N Scottsdale Rd #120 – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (480) 948-2005 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents do not work for one specific company so they can write business with any number of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If you want to switch companies, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When comparison shopping, it’s a good idea to include rate quotes from at least one independent agent in order to compare the most rates. Most can insure with small regional insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Scottsdale that can give you comparison quotes.
- Hartford Insurance Agent
17470 N Pacesetter Way – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 657-2800 – View Map
- Summit Insurance Advisors
5425 E Bell Rd – Scottsdale, AZ 85254 – (480) 214-3544 – View Map
- Colonial General Insurance Co
8475 E Hartford Dr – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 991-7889 – View Map
Do the work, save more money
People change insurance companies for many reasons like policy non-renewal, questionable increases in premium, unfair underwriting practices and even high rates after DUI convictions. Whatever your reason, finding the right insurance provider is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
We’ve covered a lot of information how to save on Toyota Venza insurance in Scottsdale. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding low cost Scottsdale auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier.
Cost effective Toyota Venza insurance is possible from both online companies and with local Scottsdale insurance agents, so get free Scottsdale auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not provide online quoting and these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
Additional detailed information can be found in these articles:
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Scottsdale, Arizona? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Used Cars in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Scottsdale Car Insurance Quotes for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4 in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)