Do you need a better way to compare cheaper Ford GT insurance in Scottsdale? Paying for high-priced Ford GT insurance in Scottsdale can sap your accounts and require stricter spending habits.
Unbelievable but true, most car insurance buyers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even shopped around for cheaper coverage. The average driver in Scottsdale could save 50% every year by just shopping around, but they assume it’s a waste of time to compare rate quotes.
How to find low-cost Ford GT insurance in Scottsdale
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get the cheapest Ford GT insurance in Scottsdale is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Arizona. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- Try to comprehend individual coverages and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and an unacceptable credit history can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper GT coverage is available in Scottsdale. If you find a lower rate quote, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current policy. Submit payment and a signed application to the new company. Immediately keep the new certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
A crucial key to this process is to use similar coverage information on every quote request and and to get price quotes from every company you can. This guarantees a level playing field and maximum price selection.
Big companies like GEICO, 21st Century and Progressive all claim big savings, bombarding you with ads and consumers find it hard to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and find the best price available.
The Ford GT Insurance Price Equation
Lots of things are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but others are not as apparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven. The best way to find cheaper car insurance is to take a look at some of the elements that aid in calculating car insurance rates. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with lower rates.
- Where you live is a factor – Residing in a small town can be a good thing when shopping for auto insurance. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to fewer liability claims. Residents of big cities have to deal with more road rage incidents and longer commutes to work. More time commuting means higher likelihood of an accident.
- How do annual miles impact costs? – The higher the mileage driven each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of insurance companies calculate prices determined by how the vehicle is used. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. An improperly rated GT may be wasting your money. Verify your car insurance declarations sheet states annual mileage, because it can save money.
- Insurance companies don’t like frequent policy claims – Car insurance companies in Arizona provide the lowest premiums to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Auto insurance is designed for larger claims.
- Policy add-ons add up – There are a lot of add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your GT policy. Coverage for things like rental car coverage, towing coverage, and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may seem good when buying your policy, but if they’re wasting money remove them and pocket the money.
- Premiums increase with driving tickets – Having just one speeding ticket or other violation could increase your next policy renewal by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with clean records get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have gotten license-revoking violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may face state-mandated requirements to maintain a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
The are a couple different ways to get quotes from many auto insurance companies in Arizona. The simplest method to do a complete rate comparison is to perform an online rate comparison.
Comparing quotes online is fast and free, and it takes the place of having to go to and from local Scottsdale insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless you have a need for the professional guidance of a licensed agent. Some companies do allow you to price shop online and still use a local agent.
When price shopping your coverage, more quotes helps you find lower pricing.
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Scottsdale, AZ. In order to find cheap car insurance in Scottsdale, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Despite the potentially high cost of Ford GT insurance, maintaining insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Arizona these limits are 15/30/10 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ford has a lienholder, most lenders will force you to carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Ford at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves your Ford and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in Arizona is overpaying more than $700 annually so compare rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
These discounts can reduce Ford GT insurance rates
Some insurance providers don’t always list all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down both the well known as well as the least known credits available to you.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Participating in a course that instructs on driving safety can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving could cut 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Discount for Good Grades – Maintaining excellent grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Student in College – College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from Scottsdale and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
- Accident Free – Scottsdale drivers who stay claim-free can save substantially when compared with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Some insurance carriers give a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags can get savings of more than 20%.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed in the military could mean lower prices.
- Telematics Devices – Scottsdale drivers who agree to allow driving data submission to scrutinize their driving habits remotely such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could save a few bucks as long as the data is positive.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride. Any qualifying discounts should help reduce your overall bill.
Popular car insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- 21st Century offers discounts for 55 and older, teen driver, air bags, homeowners, and good student.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, online signing, and online quote discount.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple autos, good student, student away at school, defensive driving training, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for family plan, multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, business or organization, anti-theft, and good student.
- Esurance offers discounts including DriveSense, paid-in-full, defensive driver, safety device, claim free, online quote, and online shopper.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for good student, air bag, bundle, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
Double check with all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in Scottsdale. To find providers that offer the discounts shown above in Scottsdale, click this link.
Compare prices but buy from a local Scottsdale insurance agent
Some consumers still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision A good thing about comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find cheaper premium rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from local insurance agencies is still important in Scottsdale.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your information is submitted to companies in Scottsdale who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to search for an agent due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. It’s the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you need to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Scottsdale for you
When narrowing the list to find local Scottsdale agents, it helps to know the two different types of agencies from which to choose. Auto insurance agencies can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
These agents can sell policies from many different companies so they can quote policies with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a cheaper price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you can keep the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you absolutely need to get quotes from several independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below is a small list of independent agents in Scottsdale who may be able to give you pricing information.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are trained well on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below are exclusive agents in Scottsdale who can help you get comparison quotes.
Allstate Insurance: Schubert Insurance and Financial Svcs
20731 N Scottsdale Rd – Scottsdale, AZ 85255 – (480) 515-6259 – View Map
Scott Holly – State Farm Insurance Agent
4014 N Goldwater Blvd Ste 202 – Scottsdale, AZ 85251 – (480) 949-7204 – View Map
Choosing the best auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the price. Any agent in Scottsdale should have no problem answering these questions:
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- How many years have they been established?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Arizona?
If you feel you receive reasonable responses to your questions as well as an affordable premium quote, you may have found a car insurance agent that is reputable and can provide auto insurance coverage.
Car insurance companies ranked
Selecting the top car insurance company is difficult considering how many choices you have in Scottsdale. The ranking data below may help you select which auto insurance companies to look at when shopping your coverage around.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When selecting the right insurance coverage, there is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are unique to you and your auto insurance should unique, too.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if you may require specific advice.
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Does my Ford GT qualify for pleasure use?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- If my Ford GT is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Arizona?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Find cheap rates by being thorough
Cheap Ford GT insurance in Scottsdale is attainable from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote Scottsdale car insurance with both to have the best selection. Some companies do not offer internet price quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent agencies.
We just covered some good ideas how you can get a better price on Ford GT insurance in Scottsdale. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Scottsdale car insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. They can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost.
Steps to finding better rates for Ford GT insurance in Scottsdale
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get discount car insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from different companies that insure vehicles in Scottsdale.
First, take a few minutes and learn about coverages and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and poor credit history can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for many different companies. Compare rates now
Third, compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save money and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, notify your company or agent of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a completed policy application and payment to the new company. Immediately keep the new certificate verifying coverage above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A good piece of advice is that you use identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
Additional information can be read at the links below
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in Scottsdale? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Scottsdale Car Insurance for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)